Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avsfan1960

Cleaning the FX50 visor with windex?!

i just got this visor yesterday and i have already used it for 5 games. I can say that it is an amazing combo! But worries me is cleaning it. I have just been using plain warm water. My friend that uses a Concept 2 on the team uses Windex on it. I want to try it. But i dont want to screw it up or anything.

thanks

Now that you mention it, I used windex on mine and now it fogs every game. Never happened when I 1st bought it.

same happens with mine. I wear my one visor that i do not windex when reffing and my one that I do windex @ practice or shini. one with windex...looks horrible...looks like i dragged it out of a rock factory. dont windex it whatever you do

What's the best thing to use on Itech visors?

Actually, warm water. Some years ago i had some old RBE visor and i used shampoo to prevent fogging. Worked kinda well.

Then i got me an HS 22 and i dont need to use anything to prevent fogging, there is some special coat on it. I wash my visor with warm water to get off the salt and rub it dry with a clean towel, thats all.

I wonder why there isn such a coat on a FX50.

go to your local eyeglass store and purchese a bottle of lens cleaner... visors are polycarbonate material and thats a material they use for people glasses to make thier glasses lighter, thinner and more impact resistant and so thats why they use polycarbonate for visors so they are more impact resistant...

Just got buy a bottle of lens cleaner from a lenscrafters or pearle vision. Also if there is an eyemart express or vision source in your town buy the 2oz bottles and they should come with a unlimited refill warranty..

(I work at a eyemart express so thats why I know about opticals)

staying on topic, well kind of with an okaley visor can you only use the AFR spray? or can you clean it with warm water and soap like they say on their website

Lens cleaner tissues for (regular) glasses seems like a good idea, warm water won't work for me as I need something for in between period fixes, and don't have access to warm water then. (ofcourse it's an option at home)

I have a Itech H22 Wave and actually windex has been working fine with it so far... put that's most likely due to the design of the visor.

i use shampoo and i havent had any problems

I've seen guys using an array of dandruff shampoos on their visors....Selsun Blue, Head & Shoulders. I've also seen a couple people use Suave.

My first Oakley, I used water until it got too bad... then I used a tiny, tiny dab of Softsoap antibacterial soap..... it cleaned it well, but then I bought some Oakley AFR... and it spider-webbed on me. I'm assuming it reacted with the soap...

On my new shield... I used luke warm water, and that's it...

Oakley AFR or Fogzero paste.

I would think the Fogzero would be my best bet. I can see how it might eliminate small scratches, etc... that I might have.

Fog zero is the best out there. A paste, not a alcohol spray, it removes fine scratches, cleans, and defogs like no tomorrow. I even use it on the inside of the windshield of my car. And JR is right, one little container seems to never run out.

Sorry for jacking the thread... but i felt no need to make a new thread for this.

I just got a DX 50 visor from a Major junior equipment sale. I got three replacements and the "attachment" piece (cage like on top). I've heard i need to get something for the front of the helmet where the screws go for a cage. Is there any other possible way to do this or do i need to go buy a certain clip at my LHS?

Fog zero is the best out there. A paste, not a alcohol spray, it removes fine scratches, cleans, and defogs like no tomorrow. I even use it on the inside of the windshield of my car. And JR is right, one little container seems to never run out.

I ordered mine last week. Can't wait to try it out! :)

Windex is bad for pretty much everything except glass. You are definitely better off getting fog zero, or just using some warm water.