Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

My latest project (aka Don't try this at home...)

My bosses daughter plays for the Windsor Wildcats girls hockey team. Thought I'd create something a little different for her. The team colours are Black/Blue/White (kinda Tampa colouring). The rest of her gear is Black/White/Silver. Her trapper was getting pretty worn so I gave it a new look...

The "before" shot

trapper1.jpg

All in pieces

trapper9.jpg

The start of a new look

trapper10.jpg

And the end result

mission1.jpg

enjoy. :)

I'm wondering how you did all of the designs on the glove. Do you have extra carbon material lying around and do you need some sort of a special sewing machine?

Im curious as well. Where do you get the material with those designs on it? Greatjob by the way, it looks fantastic.

Howd the Yahtzee game go ;)

All of the material was bought from Nash Sports. It was a little over $50 + shipping for everything. (Except the eyelets and nylon upholstery threads which I bought at fabric land for another $12.00)

I don't have much material left over, just a few scraps. I started with 4 square feet of black weave and 1 square foot each of white weave, blue weave and silver weave. The sewing machine I use is just an old Singer. It has all metal construction so it goes through the clarino and leather pretty easily.

The designs I used were all hand cut and loosely based on Potvins gear from Boston.

2006_brians_glove_demo_potvin_sm.jpg

Overall it doesn't change the weight or feel of the glove in any significant way. I simply cut patterns from the old "product of china" material and replaced it with some more durable jenpro. It is a little thicker but again, nothing significant.

And...Miss Conduct normally kicks my a** at Yahtzee. :)

There are some more pics here if anyone is interested.

Mission Trapper pics

A "LOT" longer than I would have ever imagined. I found a whole new respect for the employees of the companies that make this stuff. Now I understand why it costs so much. The materials aren't very expensive at all but boy is there a lot of labour involved.

I worked on this glove in my free time for about two months. I would estimate about 30 hours all together. But it was fun doing it. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone but if you like to tinker and see how things work it's a great experiment.

I already told you this, but you rock! That is absolutely incredible! Someday I'm going to get time off and just sit there and take lesson on how you do this stuff. I'm am amazed. Just... WOW!

I think I saw your boss' daughter play in Brampton during Provincials back in April. Colin and I watched a few games to see what the talent in various Senior women's leagues is like. If she was on the Wild Cats team we watched, she's really good!

I already told you this, but you rock! That is absolutely incredible! Someday I'm going to get time off and just sit there and take lesson on how you do this stuff. I'm am amazed. Just... WOW!

You should see some people over at GSBB! If you like to read about that stuff, and see people do that go to www.goalieboard.com , and go to the gear head's forum to see more pics of stuff like that.

Wow does that glove look like 100 times better or what! They pocket is much better, and it is rounder and deeper, did you just remake the whole T, and pocket area? Because the T looks like it is reinforced.

would you ever consider "reskining" pads? because i would honestly lie to see you do that, the glove looks great...

Now there is the million dollar question. ;) I have always wanted to do a set of pads but have been a little reluctant. But having done a few blockers and trappers now I guess it is the only natural progression. Maybe when my V1's have seen a little more action I might give 'em a makeover. I'm definitely going to have to get a true industrial walking foot sewing machine before I tackle that project though.

The other thing I've been toying with the notion of trying is mask painting. Might give that a go round this winter.

You should see some people over at GSBB! If you like to read about that stuff, and see people do that go to www.goalieboard.com , and go to the gear head's forum to see more pics of stuff like that.

Wow does that glove look like 100 times better or what! They pocket is much better, and it is rounder and deeper, did you just remake the whole T, and pocket area? Because the T looks like it is reinforced.

I did remake the whole "T". It is rounder and deeper but it is not any more reinforced than it was. I modelled the pocket after the TPS Bionic trapper. I was always impressed with the way the pocket on that glove just looked so big and deep. The Bionic had a pocket that looked like it could swallow a puck whole and you might never see it again... :P

The GSBB is like my home away from home. I go there every day. Bought a couple things off of it. It's a goalie's dream home.

Excellent work. The glove looks great B)

I use to tear down and rebuild some of my equipment but it's too time consuming for me now...

Mike - when do we open up the shop?

I know a rink that no longer has a pro shop and needs a new tenant.