Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thorpedo26

sharks new logo?

it looks like an indoor soccor league logo

I lived in san jose when the sharks initially joined the NHL, people fell in love with the logo and the colors, I'm not sure how the san jose public will react to this

about 10 years ago, the 49ers pulled a stunt like this, changed the logo and everyone was up in arms, the team decided to nix the idea and return to the old logo

I'm still not pleased with the colors.

A black home jersey would be nice but would look too much like Anaheim.

Something like that:

7698d1184425441-san-jose-sharks-logo-leaked-sj3rd.jpg

I'm still not pleased with the colors.

A black home jersey would be nice but would look too much like Anaheim.

Something like that:

7698d1184425441-san-jose-sharks-logo-leaked-sj3rd.jpg

That one gives me a Manitoba Moose vibe i think... which, ehhhh... isnt all THAT bad.

Although it seems SJ have tried to do the right and obvious thing, by updating their original logo, I think they have gone about it completely the wrong way. Instead of modernising, they've actually cartoonised their logo. Anaheim made a drastic move last year, and took away any relation to a cartoonish style in their jersey, San Jose have taken the opposite step. Looks exactly like its been designed by whoever designed the original Ducks logo. San Jose should've gone along the lines of Tampa Boston and Washington. Poor choice of new logo, hopefully it doesnt stick too long. LOSE THE ORANGE

it looks like an indoor soccor league logo

I lived in san jose when the sharks initially joined the NHL, people fell in love with the logo and the colors, I'm not sure how the san jose public will react to this

about 10 years ago, the 49ers pulled a stunt like this, changed the logo and everyone was up in arms, the team decided to nix the idea and return to the old logo

i believe you're talking about this:

San_Francisco_49ers_Unused_1991.png

Well heck.. I just realized that the press-release says only the new logo and website looks will be unveiled on Tuesday.

The jerseys themselves won't be released until closer to training camp.

DAMN.

I'm already having stomach pains waiting to see how badly they brutalize the things, (How's that for pessimism. lol), and now I have to wait longer.

HRMPH.

Well heck.. I just realized that the press-release says only the new logo and website looks will be unveiled on Tuesday.

DAMN.

I'm already having stomach pains waiting to see how badly they brutalize the things, (How's that for pessimism. lol), and now I have to wait longer.

HRMPH.

i think in the end it will look pretty good. theres just some people who dont like "change"

DAMN.

HRMPH.

Just remember, an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised.

DAMN.

HRMPH.

i think in the end it will look pretty good. theres just some people who dont like "change"

I don't mind change... was absolutely thrilled with the 1998 change that gave us the current jerseys (even if I still love the original ones as well, and play with those ones 50% of the time in NHL 2K7), but I can't stand the orange/yellow color that they're using in that logo, and I don't want the Sharks to look like the Jacksonville Jaguars. That's all. lol.

Silver/Grey needs to Stay! Silver/Grey needs to Stay! ;)

Overall the logo has definitely grown on me in the short time its bean released. The only things I would change would be to straighten the hockey stick to make it less cartoonish, and instead of having the vibrant teal on the sharks head, maybe a grainier look or a matt finish would make it less 'kid' looking. Overall it will depend on the jersey, but in the end its a good update of the old logo. I think the whole orange thing will be a fad and will be dropped in a few years time.

Overall the logo has definitely grown on me in the short time its bean released. The only things I would change would be to straighten the hockey stick to make it less cartoonish, and instead of having the vibrant teal on the sharks head, maybe a grainier look or a matt finish would make it less 'kid' looking. Overall it will depend on the jersey, but in the end its a good update of the old logo. I think the whole orange thing will be a fad and will be dropped in a few years time.

The orange is truly the only thing I don't really like about the logo. I've seen some photoshopped versions that have the shark all black, and I think they looked *really* strong (just needed a few tweaks) and the orange replaced by grey in the triangle (I don't mind it in the eye and stick).

Orange in the jerseys, however, will just completely, 100% put me off, even if it's subtle piping like the Ducks have.