Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

Just keep in mind that my feet are pretty average, and I've never had any pencil test problems in the past. Still gives you an idea though. They are slightly deeper than the 8090s, but the design of the skates makes it so that the eyelet area will wrap better as more depth is required.

They fit my foot pretty good off the bat, and the fit was only made better by baking. I skated on them for 3 hours on saturday and I had pretty much no pain, and I just had to re-lace them once as the tongues adjusted to my skating. The only thing I noticed right away was the extra amount of blade coming from a skate that had ls steel that was worn down a lot.

1 day 10 hours and 25 minutes

Why the countdown? They're already available.

He's waiting for Wapner.

Am I correct in understanding that the new holder will hold a standard blade if you dont like the feel of the longer blade?

Yeah it will fit either. I'm going to skate a few more times before I decide on what I want to go with. So far I love the turning, but with the round toe I'm not sure if I'm getting the best push. Have to see how I adjust.

Am I correct in understanding that the new holder will hold a standard blade if you dont like the feel of the longer blade?

Yeah it will fit either. I'm going to skate a few more times before I decide on what I want to go with. So far I love the turning, but with the round toe I'm not sure if I'm getting the best push. Have to see how I adjust.

If you have LS2 on your 8090s, put the steel on the 95s.

Yellow laces doesn't have you thinking right.

Are the yellow laces "bad" for the One95 because of the fit of the boot? Meaning you don't need the extras tightness that the yellow waxed laces give?

No, you just complicated things.

LS2P is obsolete.

What is on the 95s is a regular LS holder. It will fit LS2 and the 2.1 steel that comes on the ONE95s.

Are the yellow laces "bad" for the One95 because of the fit of the boot? Meaning you don't need the extras tightness that the yellow waxed laces give?

Gotta love the theorists on here...

Nothing to do with that, everything to do on how yellow laces belong on Graf and nothing else...

Gotta love the theorists on here...

Nothing to do with that, everything to do on how yellow laces belong on Graf and nothing else...

Tell that to Ovechkin ;)

I have used yellow laces forever, but only because I like the extra wax and a lot of the white waxed at LHS's around here wears out easily.

seriously, ovechkin only does it for style, and somebody should remind him he plays for the caps (red white blue) and not the fucking penguins. i admit with the black skates it looks cool to have coloured laces, but only if it matches the uniform...

The color shouldn't matter...they don't heap an extra spoonful of wax on yellow.

Maybe it's just the laces they sell around here but when you compare the Graf yellows to the waxed white ones there is a huge difference in the amount of wax.

They fit my foot pretty good off the bat, and the fit was only made better by baking. I skated on them for 3 hours on saturday and I had pretty much no pain, and I just had to re-lace them once as the tongues adjusted to my skating. The only thing I noticed right away was the extra amount of blade coming from a skate that had ls steel that was worn down a lot.

coming from one90 - how long before you were comfortable? need wheels asap and cant afford long break inpoeriod - got tryouts comoing up. tks

I have Graf white on my ONE95s. They make them in white and black, y'know. :P

Ah, I didn't know Graf made them in white. I've never seen 'em for sale around here...maybe I'll order them if I see them online somewhere.

My LS2 steel is worn down past the point of good use so I can't really try it. I barely had any blade on the ice with them.

coming from one90 - how long before you were comfortable? need wheels asap and cant afford long break inpoeriod - got tryouts comoing up. tks

I never had the one90s so I can't give a concrete answer, but logically speaking. If you try the one95s and they fit well before baking, you should have a minimal break in period because you're already used to the power steel.

Ah, I didn't know Graf made them in white. I've never seen 'em for sale around here...maybe I'll order them if I see them online somewhere.

I could have got white wax but I've been using yellow wax laces for like 10 years and it's hard to change habit.