Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

2008 NYR Thread

I really thought the Rangers were going to (and should have) made a push at Kubina. Who knows if they did and if he rejected it, but he would have been a solid pick up who I'd imagine wouldn't have been nearly as expensive as Campbell.

Fletcher talked about a player that was going to waive a NTC and then changed his mind. He said that player was very close to being dealt....everyone on the TSN panel was assuming it was Kubina...but they didn't identify the other team involved.

Let's look at the D that moved today.

First, eliminate your puck moving D man Dan Boyle. TB threw the $ at him so he was off the board.

Physical D Brad Stuart for 08 2nd and 09 4th- I'll pass. No short term benefit in that move.

Hal Gill? What kind of D man is he? We have Malik so why double down?

Adam Foote has only so many miles left in those wheels. He is on the other side of his usefulness. Colorado over paid for him that CBJ actually made a good salary dump and got a 1st rounder which is anybody's guess anyway. I have already seen Adam Foote on the Rangers and his name was Kevin Lowe.

That Salei-Skrastins deal was a wash. You take mine and I'll take yours. Salei should be on Sokol Kiev by now anyway.

Puck moving D? M-A Bergeron? Puck turnover D? M-A Bergeron. I love the guy's point shot but Reijo Ruotsalainen still needed Barry Beck to ride shotgun for him. Enjoy the ride out west M-A, that conference is your home.

Finally we come to Brian Campbell. Bernier and the 1st rounder. Maybe could have, should have but Regier pulled a Lamoriello and sent his player as far west as he could. The boys in the East never had a chance to get Campbell.

These are your cards. Pick them up and play them.

Agreed, DS. The list was probably a short one and as it turned out, most of them wound up not waiving trade clauses and/or resigned with their team. I just think that's one weakness post-Lockout that we have failed to address for 3 seasons in a row, and it's a weakness we readily accept to having.

I was watching the OnDemand videos and all 3 Swedes are just tickled pink to be playing with one another. Maybe this will be a boost for Henry since he needs to pick up his game a bit.

Avery won't talk to the media. Hasn't talked to them since after the loss to LA weeks ago. Now he and his agent have decided to break off contract talks with the team and will possibly test the market in the off season.

Yup, cancer has entered the locker room. Glad he's playing well though.

After Avery chirped in the media last year in the playoffs and everyone went crazy for what he said, what is so bad about him tuning out the media? He has been playing all season for next year's contract, anyway.

Rangers are 6-2-2 in thier last 10. That must be some nasty cancer in the locker room.

After Avery chirped in the media last year in the playoffs and everyone went crazy for what he said, what is so bad about him tuning out the media? He has been playing all season for next year's contract, anyway.

Rangers are 6-2-2 in thier last 10. That must be some nasty cancer in the locker room.

I'm not talking about Avery being a distraction to his teammates, I'm talking about Avery being a distraction to himself, which is why I stated that I was glad he was at least playing well.

I don't really blame this on Aves though. Slats is obviously maneuvering/stalling so that he can hit the end of the season and work on other players' contracts - like Jagr who will either move or will have to have a new deal re-worked. Based on what happens to Jags, it will give Slats more or less money to deal with Aves. I kinda feel bad for him though, two seasons in a row he's gonna have to go into the off-season not having a deal and will have to test the market. I don't think he can go into arbitration again since he went last season.

Today's game was SLOP-PY. The refs blew a bunch of calls, both ways. I'm glad we came out with the 2 pts. Winning sloppy games like this is actually important, especially now. You're gonna have ugly games and it's good to come out with the points.

And...and I'm actually happy with <gasp> Jags' play. I'd like to see him get a few more goals, but he's doing a lot of other things right. Malik looks ok. Even though he scored, Backman is TERRIBLE! He's made more blaring mistakes then Malik has taken in the years he's been here. He's losing his coverage, and taking waaaay too many penalties. When Mara comes back, he's gone. Toots and Girardi looked like amateurs on 3 of the Flyers' goals today.

What I wonder is what will happen with the lines when Pruchs comes back. I like Sjostrom on the 4th or 3rd line, but then where does Hollweg, Orr, Pruch or even Calahan get playing time? Time will tell.

Does Jagr ever take the puck to the net anymore?

He did for a goal against the Panthers the other night. Great goal, Old School Jagr. He doesn't seem to do it too often for a goal. I think he likes to drive and find people cutting. He doesn't have the legs or strength anymore it seems. When he tries, he gets pushed off the puck or directed away from the lanes. Guys are just as big and quicker these days. It's not like '91 anymore.

crazy, the rangers are an original 6 franchise, they need to be classic, no 3rd jersey. Yankees don't do that, just pinstripes and gray, one hat, nice and old school. But if they will have a third jersey they have the best third jersey ever, no need to change it.

He had a shot to do it today but looked to just give up and curve to the boards.

Wait...did you say...Jagr looked like he just GAVE UP?

Nahhhhh, I don't believe it! This is impossible, definitely didn't happen. I want unequivocal, mathematical and photographic evidence before I would even consider allowing you to make a statement like that against our captain (notice the small "C" because he doesn't deserve the big "C").

Speaking of Fags, I mean Jags, anyone read the article about how he said Sather's offer of trying to get him signed in the off season was news to him, and that he didn't really care where he played. He ended it by saying something like, I don't care where I wind up, but I know I will finish my career in my home (country)." I think he went on to say the reason was because he could play a little older over there.

-Ok, Jags, PEACE! You don't care where you play and you just wanna wind up in your "home" anyway, GO NOW player. Earn a million a year there because that's all you're worth here.

Now all the Jagr apologists are gonna say I took him outta context and misquoted, and I don't understand his sense of humor. Suckers - can you imagine how it would have been received if Messier, or Maloney, or any of the Ranger Captains before told the media that they didn't care where they played next season but that final goal was to just get the hell outta New York and play somewhere else in the end anyway? But that a$$hole gets a pass. You're all idiots for drinking the Jagrade.

Tell us one more time how you really feel. Taking that 0 for Florida pretty hard............

I will continue to say how I feel as long as there are "Ranger" fans like you that keep apologizing for him.

Nice W for the Blue Shirts tonight!

Man, I love Avery!

"Resign Avery" chants went around a few times tonight in the stands. He must have loved to hear that.

Nice W for the Blue Shirts tonight!

Man, I love Avery!

"Resign Avery" chants went around a few times tonight in the stands. He must have loved to hear that.

How couldn't you love it? I know I will probably be flamed for this comment but Avery would make a 10x better cap. then Jags. Hands down. Ever since he came to the rangers (and even while in L.A.) He stands up for his team mates, he scores goals, he gets the other team on edge with his trash talking. But most importantly he brings life to the Rangers. If anyone has noticed Marek Malik's sudden improvement in his game, I can assure you that partially Avery's doing. Look up the argument Malik and Avery had during practice not too long ago, its on one of the NY websites like the post and what not.

Anyways, now after giving high praise where its due, lets talk about some of the other players who stepped it up in this game. Marek Malik had another great game, taking shots, blocking potential goals, good game for him. Marty Straka came out of his shell this game, skating well then entire game, creating some chances and finally scoring one. The king had another good game, despite his letting in of two goals, it was a solid hame for Henrik. Sjostrom had another good game, he fits in nicely with the rangers' defence.

And that is my review of the game aggainst Pittsburgh, thank you, I'll be here all week.

I know I will probably be flamed for this comment but Avery would make a 10x better cap. then Jags.

Nah. Mr. #96 will want to be your bestest best friend now.

Avery won't talk to the media. Hasn't talked to them since after the loss to LA weeks ago. Now he and his agent have decided to break off contract talks with the team and will possibly test the market in the off season.

Yup, cancer has entered the locker room. Glad he's playing well though.

? Your cancer is on the same line as Jagr. How is that working out?

BTW, where did I apologize for Jagr?

King Henrik beats Brodur AGAIN. The Devils were on the Rangers all night, we barley squeezed that one out. But thats the sign of a true champ, play like crap and still win.