Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

2008 NYR Thread

Jay brings up a good point in that the officials were dreadful. So many missed calls, seemingly against the Rangers, not to sound biased!

There was one that Shanny drew that was so obvious yet they missed it

There was some bad officiating, but I wouldn't say it was all against the rangers. Pettinger got boarded pretty hard from behind, and it went uncalled, then they called steckel for holding the stick when he clearly wasn't.

Officiating has been an issue all year though. When your team wins, it doesn't matter, when they lose, it does. But it's still an issue

is it just me or have the rangers gone back to the old style jersey, if you look at pictures from earlier in the season all the players jersys are a lot tighter fitting then the ones there wearing now, plus the jerseys there wearing now don't have the flap part of the jersey that hung down on the front and back of the jersey

is it just me or have the rangers gone back to the old style jersey, if you look at pictures from earlier in the season all the players jersys are a lot tighter fitting then the ones there wearing now, plus the jerseys there wearing now don't have the flap part of the jersey that hung down on the front and back of the jersey

Yes, they ditched the butt ugly new ones

Yes, they ditched the butt ugly new ones

Actually, they ripped the seams off the hems.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/211228...15526be.jpg?v=0

I am not sure if they all switched, I haven't seen NYR recently.

The Rangers were one of the first teams to get away from the Edge jersey. They were complaining and started using different ones from pretty early on. I'm sure most didn't notice, but the ones they got rid of had a semi-circular reverse hump on the lower back that they got rid of. I think there may have been a lawsuit or some kind of legal action that the team took to get away from them - but don't quote me on that.

Yeah...tonight...ouch. Rangers vs fast skating, fast transitioning teams, O fer. Guess I've been right since Day 1.

Not taking away anything from Gabby's performance, but we just can't skate with teams like that. Their powerplay made us look a High School hockey team, from New Mexico. The one thing I wanted to see was a little emotion after Burns' hit. Toots' futile attempt was a worthy cause, but he wound up falling himself. Nobody responded. Renney looked mad, but didn't get fired up. I like to see coaches get red in the face when players get hit like that. I understand he didn't want to put the team down a guy, but they did anyway! Not getting a penalty on the play by Burns was laughable. Last but not least, Henry was exposed and was beatable. I've never seen him look frozen until tonight when Gabby had the breakaway. Henry looked like he was caught in the headlights. Very rare.

Man, when things don't go right, nothing goes right.

Please...make...trade...soon...no...chemistry...can't score...Jagr, Deadline Trade Bait...

Dude, you are out of luck, the rangers can't make any huge trades, becuase of the salary cap. I could be wrong because cap rules are complicated, but they would need to trade Malik and Mara just to open up 5.5m to get someone else. Those are the most expendable players, but who else will play D.

By the way, i'm loving Staal and Girardi. Bobby Sanguanetti had a great U20 jr tourny. We have some real good young D, OH and Tyutin is only 24, so yeah...Cool Beans there.

Cheraponov and Anisimov were good in the tourny, and man whoever gets little Johnny Tavares, he's real good.

Please...make...trade...soon...no...chemistry...can't score...Jagr, Deadline Trade Bait...

Simmer...Things will be fine. Jagr is holding off, unfortunately. You will see his game start to really pick up, especially in Feb through the playoffs

I know they are just rumors, but Jags' name came up, again. I tend to think that when there is this much chatter about one thing, there's usually some truth.

Mara and Malik are already on the block, as are Pruchs and Dubi. All 4 are expendable, IMHO.

I know they are just rumors, but Jags' name came up, again. I tend to think that when there is this much chatter about one thing, there's usually some truth.

Mara and Malik are already on the block, as are Pruchs and Dubi. All 4 are expendable, IMHO.

I wouldn't move Dubi over my dead body, but I agree with Malik and Prucha

Just curious, but why move Prucha over Dubi? Is it because Prucha needs to play a top six role to be effective, and Dubi can still play a solid game with less minutes? I'd imagine that it'd be hard to get Prucha that ice time on the roster now, but I'd remember that Jagr and Shanny don't have much time left in them. I'd be hard pressed to trade a way a young guy who had back to back 20 goal season in his first two years.

Just curious, but why move Prucha over Dubi? Is it because Prucha needs to play a top six role to be effective, and Dubi can still play a solid game with less minutes? I'd imagine that it'd be hard to get Prucha that ice time on the roster now, but I'd remember that Jagr and Shanny don't have much time left in them. I'd be hard pressed to trade a way a young guy who had back to back 20 goal season in his first two years.

Maybe I should say I would only trade Prucha if there was a promising return. I like Prucha quite a bit. Great person and he did do very well during his first two seasons. I think your first point has something to do with it, where he really has to play with great players in a top role to succeed. But other than his shot, he really doesn't bring much to warrent that time. He used to be much more tenacious on the puck, but he gets laid out big time every game and it is catching up. A lot of fans seem to think it is only a matter of time before he gets a serious injury. But the man has guts, he gets up and goes back out every time.

Dubi just reeks of potential. Needs to fill out, but he is Strong, balanced skated, great passer, smart. 60 pt second line potential, IMO. Prucha on the other hand needs a perfect case scenario, which is hard to cater to, especially when he doesn't capitalize on great chances (The other night he was in the slot and got 3 great passes by Jagr and missed the net on all 3)

I agree with Theo. I would say Dubi can play a bigger, more well rounded role than Pruchs. Pruchs has guts, but he's small and he is going to get hurt one day. He keeps his head down and is undersized. Players are beginning to catch onto him, and making him pay the price. I would say he is the one Ranger that gets blasted the most. I'm sure others get hit more, but he seems to get caught not looking the most. Pruchs also plays a one sided game; goal scoring. He has absolutely no vision and I've seem him miss golden opporunities to pass off the puck for a creative play, but he insists on heading to the net or taking the wrist shot. He's a sniper, but I'd like to see him add another dimension to his game. Pruchs will always only be a one-dimensional goal scorer. And even then, you need to put him on a line with a really profound player that can consistently get him the puck because he can't do it himself. He also does not kill penalties, nor would I want him to.

Dubi's game has really come around. I didn't care for him last year at all. But this year his skating has improved and he seems more powerful. He's got size and can be creative. He kinda reminds me of Stephane Matteau or Adam Graves in his plodding skating style. I'd say he has more of a future as top 6 forward then Pruchs. He's physical, he can kill penalties, he shows signs of being a playmaker and can take up space around the net.

There, put those in the TSN Player Bios!

Maybe I should say I would only trade Prucha if there was a promising return. I like Prucha quite a bit. Great person and he did do very well during his first two seasons. I think your first point has something to do with it, where he really has to play with great players in a top role to succeed. But other than his shot, he really doesn't bring much to warrent that time. He used to be much more tenacious on the puck, but he gets laid out big time every game and it is catching up. A lot of fans seem to think it is only a matter of time before he gets a serious injury. But the man has guts, he gets up and goes back out every time.

Dubi just reeks of potential. Needs to fill out, but he is Strong, balanced skated, great passer, smart. 60 pt second line potential, IMO. Prucha on the other hand needs a perfect case scenario, which is hard to cater to, especially when he doesn't capitalize on great chances (The other night he was in the slot and got 3 great passes by Jagr and missed the net on all 3)

I agree totally with you, but in my opionion i find Dubi has all the talent in the world but he does not have much of a finnish. He either passes or gets the puck taken off of him. If he just shot the puck more he would be accumulating many points. As for Prucha, that man has much guts, but a trade to get somebody of equal or more talent would not hurt the rangers...Let's see what happens tonight in Tampa

Can anyone tell me why we are playing so bad? All I've got is replays on NHL.com to watch and you can't tell too much from them.

For the most part right now, bad inconsistent goaltending and no 3rd-4th line scoring threat. Earlier on, the scoring wasn't happening and little to no chemistry, although the defense and goaltending was brilliant.

Overall, things aren't on the same page

Not to mention, Avery needs surgery again and that is going to hurt us big time.

Renney has also been outcoached a bit lately, not really grasping common sense and playing some lines too much and others too little

And I may have been wrong on Dubinsky. Lots of noise coming out of Columbus wanting him. Anisimov is in the wings, but I like Dubi a lot

I have heard rumors that the reason why Hank is playing so bad is because his dad is ill...he is recovering and hopefully the rangers scoring ability is

Brian Leetch Jersey retirement night....This is new thread worthy, but I'll be nice and just mention it here.

What he did for USA hockey in particular as well as the NHL should never be forgotten