Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleeding Blue Note

2007/2008 EPL Season Starts

stylish would always go to arsenal... they play a very fluid game, lotsa passing.

ManUre would play some rough football, and so do Chelsea. At least Chelsea got rid of the diver Robben.

Is this the Liverpool love thread? Congrats on leading the prem for now. Go Gunners

I'm a Gunners fan through and through too. Great game today, loving that Rosicky and Cesc are scoring goals, something they didn't do a hell of a lot last year.

But as a fan of great football and pure scorers, looking at Liverpool's strike force up front you can't help but be impressed.

And we are now second in the table with a game in hand. Very young squad room to grow. Props to The Pool but go Gunners

I believe that Arsenal will finish ahead of Man U and Chelsea this year, and I really do believe they will give Liverpool a run for top spot this year. As long as the midfield Cesc, Hleb, Silva, Rosicky play well, and Lehmann doesn't have too many brainfarts, the Gunners will push for top spot.

And the Gunners scoring now will be huge in the group stages of Champs League. They will have the confidence to play anyone, and will score goals everywhere. Semi Finals at least for sure.

Lads, it's a long season. If liverpool has a bad loss or two, then Rafa will probably jump back to his one forward conservative attack, try not to lose but don't try to win strategy.

To be honest, I'm surprised at how much creativity he has allowed this short season to date.

Reminds me of when King Kenny was the player manager.

Those were the days

I think it has something to do with his assistant Paco Ayestaran leaving. Probably Rafa looked at all the money spent, all the talent brought in, and had pressure from the new owners saying "We must win", so he's letting the talent go and play. So far so good.

I think it has something to do with his assistant Paco Ayestaran leaving. Probably Rafa looked at all the money spent, all the talent brought in, and had pressure from the new owners saying "We must win", so he's letting the talent go and play. So far so good.

I've been a liverpool fan for 25 or more years now, and I'm just hesitant to get my hopes up so early in the season

But that's why we follow, we root, we cheer, we cry, we piss, we moan, we bleed the team we love. Even when it's 3 matches in, we're praying for top spot. And we'll say the same after next Saturday, and the Saturday after that, and then the Saturday after that.

For all huge bucks every team is now spending in the Premiership, especially for the big 4, it's pretty much 1st or bust. Look at Chelsea last year, won Carling Cup and FA Cup, Champs League Semis and 2nd in the Premiership. Yet many felt the season was a disappointment (maybe had to do with all that money spent).

Yeah, Jose is out. Pretty crazy, i wasnt expecting that one... Replacing him with Grant is a mistake, that guy is a total twat.

Big game this weekend though, should be interesting...

Thats the one where the goalie scored from the kick off to give an automatic 1-0 lead after the first leg was abandoned.

GREAT sportsmanship. Considering what is at stake for these lower league teams, it's a huge deal.

also happened in Holland. Ajax scored by accident putting the ball back into play after an injury, so they let their opponent tie it up.

the way Scolari is struggling with the Portugal squad, that wouldn't surprise me.

Frank Rijkaard is having trouble bringing the best out of his superstars in Barça, and i've heard talk about Mourinho replacing him. i don't think his style is suited to it, but you never know.

Big ups to the Arsenal

IMHO Jose is bound for Italy espec if Inter under achieve in the Champions league. They have too much invested, too big/talented a squad and with their history of champions league futility they will go all out for Jose

What's the difference between Man U and a teabag?

A teabag stays in the cup longer!

Coventry scored some nice goals, did you see the shot that hit the bar around half time? crazy shot!