Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleeding Blue Note

2007/2008 EPL Season Starts

i'm pretty neutral with the EPL (saying BPL sounds weird), but i wouldn't mind seeing someone new break the top 4. curious to see how all the new signings (like Niño Torres) do with their new clubs.

Forest are for sure the best team around! ;)

I don't really have a favourite Premier league team at the moment although there are some teams I don't like I try to watch every game as a neutral which = 2x the fun.

I've been a liverpool fan for 26 odd years now, got to see them for my birthday back in the day (ferry from dun laoraige across, bus up to the game).

Liverpool 2-1 win over spurs

And a good win today, great free kick by gerrard

LIVERPOOL all the way. Been supporting them since '86.

They didnt play all that great last night, didnt really dominate as I would have liked. Torres was pretty ok, the person who showed the most sharpness was Babel, coming on as a sub, and nearly scoring twice.

Gerrard, was just being his normal self... stunning freekick, enough to win any game.

I think this is the year, its games like this they have to win... still play sub par, but still a win.

I think this is the year, its games like this they have to win... still play sub par, but still a win.

you're right. the good teams always find a way to win.

just caught the last 20 minutes of the Arsenal-Fulham match before work this morning. what a last 10 minutes, Arsenal pulls two back to win 2-1 at home.

Go Gunners! Great win today coming from behind.

Arsenal fan through and through.

And what a great start for ManU today. See you after Christmas Wayne!!!!!

I am so glad to see all the support for other sides from north american fans.Hey man why you like ManU? Dude because they are on TV...well name 1 star currently on the squad....and silence. Typical response in the States

Let me say it loud and proud. GO YOU GUNNERS

Proud fan since 1986

I still don't even know how Rooney fractured his foot from that. To be honest, I don't even know how he got a piece of that, if that would have went in, that would have been a great goal.

I'm not going to lie, my uncles grew up around soccer as they grew up overseas and they all cheer for Man. United so whenever I'm there its all Man U.

I guess you could say I cheer for Man U. because it's in the family but to be honest besides Rooney I couldn't name one guy. :(

I root for Liverpool and my brother roots for Manchester United so yesterday was a great day. :D

Me and my brother shared a room growing up back home.

He is 15 months older than me, and there was a lot of sibling rivalry/full on fights about pretty much everything, because we were so close in age.

He started following man u as a kid, so naturally I started following the mighty liverpool, who were the big rival at the time (1980/81), and have been a diehard ever since.

We both obviously root for celtic all the time

Great start to the year for Keano's new top flight boys Sunderland. So so soooooo happy they took that to Spurs!

Who do you guys think will end up as Champions? FA Cup? Carling Cup? Do you think anyone can crack the Big 4 and snatch up a Champs League berth this year?

i'm hoping Newcastle cracks the top 4 somehow, for the sake of their fans sanity. Allardyce has a pretty decent team at his disposal, and if they mesh well, could be a force.

I root for Liverpool and my brother roots for Manchester United so yesterday was a great day. :D

Me and my brother shared a room growing up back home.

He is 15 months older than me, and there was a lot of sibling rivalry/full on fights about pretty much everything, because we were so close in age.

He started following man u as a kid, so naturally I started following the mighty liverpool, who were the big rival at the time (1980/81), and have been a diehard ever since.

We both obviously root for celtic all the time

lol. nice :D

Roy Keane is a Judas scumbag, I hope sunderland get relegated. I was disgusted the FAI let him back after Korea

i wasn't following soccer then,what did roy keane do?

i wasn't following soccer then,what did roy keane do?

2002 World cup in japan/korea Ireland squad landed at their training camp. The FAI is a semi-pro league/organisation, and their funds are extremely limited compared to the FA, which has the strongest most followed league in the world.

Therefore, the english facilities were top notch.

Keane met with then teammates Beckham, Scholes and Neville for dinner and had a tour of their place.

Then the next morning at training, he lost the plot because the Irish team didn't have as nice a pitch, it was too hard, the accomodations were not up to par and walked out on the team.

When they called a team meeting, he shouted at mick mccarthy (the coach) "you're nothing but a british wanker anyway" and walked out, hopped on a plane, and quit the team, the night before the tournament started.

Ireland lost in the first knockout stage on penalties to spain.

Keane was at the time, one of the most dominant midfielder in the game with his aggressive style.

First game back in the league, Jason McAteer (who was on the irish team for the world cup) was playing against Keane/Man United. Keane elbows him in the face for not being supportive enough of him in the press at the time.

Keane retires from International football. Then, Mick McCarthy gets the heave ho, and keane wants to play for Ireland again. The FAI of course bend over and take it like he is some sort of a god.

And all the wannabe bandwaggoner man united fans at home shout and rejoice, thinking its a good thing. Meanwhile, all the non united fans in Ireland, like my good self, see him for what he is. A spoilt traitor who puts himself ahead of his team.

So I hope he crashes and burns spectacularly. He should never have been allowed to play for Ireland again after that disgracefull showing in 02. Not only did disrupt the teams concentration with the media distraction, but he also left them with a huge hole in the middle of the field, and because it was within 24 hours of the start of the tournament, FIFA didn't allow them to call up an emergency replacement (that had to be down before the last 24 hours, don't ask me why)

So, Keane will always be the biggest of scumbags to me. I never ever ever put country second to anything, country, family, god knows we had to fight hard for it, you should respect it

Allsmoke... looks like we have a lot on common.

- dont really like Roy Keane (esp what he did before the world cup, completely disgraceful as a professional)

- support Liverpool (looks like its going to be a good year)

- dont like ManU (too many crybabies like Cristiano on the team)

- support Celtic (Nakamura is fantastic!)

btw, wayne's gonna be out at least 2 months according to the press. Hopefully he just stays out...

cant believe that Fergie doesnt want to sell players to "major domestic rivals"... might as well just buy every single player and keep them at home.

btw, wayne's gonna be out at least 2 months according to the press. Hopefully he just stays out...

Well we're gonna see if Tevez is gonna be worth all that trouble...

Tevez is badass, he is pretty much similar to Rooney. He plays better as a second striker i think, but he will be fine.