Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleeding Blue Note

2007/2008 EPL Season Starts

Tevez is real good in my opinion, must better than some of the other players who are really over rated.

agreed. one of the few South American's who has acclimated himself to the English game. Mascherano at Liverpool is another good example. great holding mid.

Riquelme might be going to White Hart Lane. i think he's not really suited for the EPL, even though he is one of my favorite players. what do you guys think?

just one of those who play in the other top leagues, but may not be suited for the more 'direct' apporach used in the EPL. Riquelme is good, but most prob wont shine.

Spurs are buying a shitload of players...

Spurs are buying a shitload of players...

And it still won't get them that coveted Champs League spot they are so desperate for!

Feel bad for Martin Jol. If he gets canned at the end of the year, and if Wenger isn't coming back, Jol can stay in North London with the Gunners!

Styles (ref for Liverpool-Chelsea) really shit the bed on that penalty. Chelsea lucked out. it happens.

Styles (ref for Liverpool-Chelsea) really shit the bed on that penalty. Chelsea lucked out. it happens.

He is not allowed to ref games this weekend, and has apologized. As a pool fan, I was disgusted with the call, but the result was probably fair for the game itself.

9 god damned yellow cards, that game had the makings of a classic if the ref had let them play, but he called every ticky tacky touch.

Turned a great game, into a good game, shame

the Torres goal was fantastic, esp when you know that Torres usually shoots right footed you would expect him to go past the defender onto his stronger foot. But he was good, real fast and outpaced Ben Hiem...

the play of the day? Mr Styles giving away that freakin penalty... and to think we almost got Malouda...

Is it me? or are the refs starting to make really bad decisions. He should have sent out at least one Chelsea player.

I wish Celtic could get in the EPL I know they want to but I dont see it happening

It would destroy the Scottish Premier League, and one of the greatest rivalries of all time, Celtic/Rangers.

If Celtic goes, so does Rangers. They're both in G-14, which helps out a lot too.

i forget where i read it but it said that rangers and celtic wanted to cross over but uefa and the epl didnt want it to happen.

The whole thing really started, as it always does, with money. The 10 other teams in the Scottish Prem league, wanted to start a TV channel, subscription based for the scottish league, but celtic and rangers wouldn't do it (they have their TV deals, so don't need it, would be less exposure). The other 10 teams then threatened to resign from the scottish premier league, which would leave Celtic/Rangers on their own.

There was never really any gusto behind it. It was at the time Wimbledon were looking for a new stadium, and they were actually going to build one and play in Dublin, Ireland. At that stage, both the Mighty Celtic, and the Suckass Rangers entered exploratory talks to move to the EPL based on the potential for another team to be playingout of a different country.

The EPL nixed the Wimbledon deal and told Celtic/Rangers that they were not eligible to play in the league.

And that, as they say, is that

He is not allowed to ref games this weekend, and has apologized. As a pool fan, I was disgusted with the call, but the result was probably fair for the game itself.

9 god damned yellow cards, that game had the makings of a classic if the ref had let them play, but he called every ticky tacky touch.

Turned a great game, into a good game, shame

was reading about that, and i couldn't agree more. it would have been fantastic for Babel to put away that shot towards the end. i was half asleep and thought it had beaten Cech.

the Torres goal was fantastic, esp when you know that Torres usually shoots right footed you would expect him to go past the defender onto his stronger foot. But he was good, real fast and outpaced Ben Hiem...

definitely, really well taken. i'm really starting to like the look and feel of this team, being a mostly neutral observer to the EPL. gotta love a front line that includes Kuijt, Torres and Ryan Babel. Voronin is surprising alot of people, too; including myself.

Speaking of Cech, he really needs to lose the rugby helmet now. He has been cleared and completely fit, he was only wearing it as a precaution to the end of last season, he just looks stupid out there.

Also, how sweet was it that ManUre were beaten by the son of their goalie legend Schmeichel.

I had no idea he had an older son, but when I saw Caspar in nets for City, the similarities to his fathers style were very evident.

Wonder if he is as easy to lob as the old man was!!!

apparently he is! he's horrid on crosses, unlike his ol' man. He does have an imposing figure due to his ability to spread himself out like Peter did when he played for ManUre.

He'll get better with time... Sven Erikson really lucked out on this guy.

Speaking of Cech, he really needs to lose the rugby helmet now. He has been cleared and completely fit, he was only wearing it as a precaution to the end of last season, he just looks stupid out there.

Also, how sweet was it that ManUre were beaten by the son of their goalie legend Schmeichel.

I had no idea he had an older son, but when I saw Caspar in nets for City, the similarities to his fathers style were very evident.

Wonder if he is as easy to lob as the old man was!!!

Tell Rip Hamilton that too...but I guess it's a habit thing, a reallly goofy looking habit.

You all have to admit that places this season for champions, uefa cup are wide open. Is Fulham trying to get relegated right out of the gate?

liverpool played pretty well last night, should have been a lot more than 2-0.

Voronin needs to be more selfish, and Torres was rushing the defence a LOT....

liverpool played pretty well last night, should have been a lot more than 2-0.

Voronin needs to be more selfish, and Torres was rushing the defence a LOT....

Only a few games into the season, i'm thinking they'll develop more chemistry as the year wears on. So far, Voronin is looking like an excellent attacking option coming off the bench.

For any liverpool fans like myself, some news. Jamie Carragher is out for tomorrows game against Toulouse with a broken rib and collapsed lung (from the collision with Reina).

Sami Hyypia has been cleared to play, despite breaking his nose.

Both injuries occured against sunderland saturday, but the real thing is....

HAHA SUCK IT KEANE YOU DIRTY SMELLY CORK KNACKER.

Nice win for the pool, hopefully carragher gets back to business soon

Think they fluffed the sub change with Carragher, he was pretty pissed at Rafa when he FINALLY got to come off. The change with Babel wasnt any better either... not sure if it was the ref (again!) that screwed up the show.

Sami should have a break, then have two centre backs that are left footed (!)... Riise can also play left back. Too bad they sold Pauletta a week too early...

It looks like all the Liverpool strikers are going to hit Rafa's number this year, 60 goals total.

Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel are the real deal.