Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Found a Sweet AP for the iPhone which basically turns your computer into a Slingbox (as long as you're on the same wifi network) You can watch Any video you have on your computer on your phone with live conversion. There's a Free version which allows a limited amount of media..and a $3 full version. The Full is totally worth it. There's an .exe you have to install on your PC but it's free and Easy to install/run. Just look up Air Video in the ApStore. Can't wait to be able to do this on the 4 with the Retina Display.

Found a Sweet AP for the iPhone which basically turns your computer into a Slingbox (as long as you're on the same wifi network) You can watch Any video you have on your computer on your phone with live conversion. There's a Free version which allows a limited amount of media..and a $3 full version. The Full is totally worth it. There's an .exe you have to install on your PC but it's free and Easy to install/run. Just look up Air Video in the ApStore. Can't wait to be able to do this on the 4 with the Retina Display.

Maybe I'm failing to see the point. If you're home (on the same WiFi network as your computer) why would you choose to watch the video on your iPhone? I've found it tiring to watch anything more than a 3 minute podcast at a time on something so small.

Currently updating to iOS4..is anyone else's taking a long time to install? Been an Hour on the Backing Up iPhone, and only like 10% of the bar is green so far

not sure how it works on the iPhone, but an hour seems like a long time. Ive done some official updates and some unofficial ones and when I run a backup it usually will take all of 10-15 on my Droid. Then again, iOS3 and iOS4 are two totally different beasts or so I hear, so I can understand it taking a while.

Currently updating to iOS4..is anyone else's taking a long time to install? Been an Hour on the Backing Up iPhone, and only like 10% of the bar is green so far

I stopped it..took off all of my media (songs/videos/photos), and restarted it..seemed to go a little faster..but now stuck between the C and K of Backing up iPhone....I got a Game tonight at 8...I hope it finishes in time..sheesh

you and every other iphone/ipod touch user by their regular computer is updating now. It'll be interesting to see what it's like for me when I get home from work.

it Downloaded the file just Fine..but I'm now trying to install it on the phone..which should have no bearing on the networdk.

That is very strange... They fixed the long backup times with some version of the 3.0 software. At least they "claimed" they did... Let us know how it goes! I hate babysitting my phone when it's getting updated, i feel naked almost....

Figured it out...after you download the software update...do a Restore instead of an Update. Be sure to do a normal Sync first.

Edit: For 3G models...if you get stuck in the BACKUP step. Not sure if 3GS will have this issue.

The real sad face is that my icey chrome original gangsta EDGE phone can't do the update. Regardless, it's being updated for iPhone 4 next month.

Hopefully with the iPhone 4G coming out I can snag a good condition Edge or 3G for cheap and replace my dying phone, then jailbreak to avoid paying data plan rates.

If anyone is having trouble transferring PDFs (Like the Catalogs ;) ) to their iPhone through Mail..you can just Drag and Drop your PDFs directly to your iTunes Books playlist, and then sync.

So I upgrade to iOS4, and today my battery just plain zapped. I always shut off wifi when I'm at work, etc. Phone was at 10% battery by 3pm and I usually get a whole day (morning > bedtime) on a charge.

You can block data without jailbreaking. If you get an iPhone, get on wifi somewhere and go to unlockit.co.nz then select Fake APN and it will install it. It basically changes the AT&T server address where the iPhone gets its internet from to a random invalid number. I was doing that for a few months, now I sold my 3G and have to wait 22 frickin days for the new one to come out. Tried to preorder but then they delayed it, blah blah blah. Pisses me off haha

And yeah I was backing it up before I sold it the other day, and it was takin forever

Droid X announced today. I followed the live blog and have seen some hands on videos, and it looks amazing. Still a bit large, but motoblur does seem to look a bit better. I'm anxious to get my hands on one to try out. For me at least, it looks to be the phone that will sway me from apple, especially since the incredible keeps getting bumped back longer and longer backorders...

The droid X has better hardware anyway. I'd wait for that if I were you.

Droid-life.com

mydroidworld.com

two best things ever.

Droid X announced today. I followed the live blog and have seen some hands on videos, and it looks amazing. Still a bit large, but motoblur does seem to look a bit better. I'm anxious to get my hands on one to try out. For me at least, it looks to be the phone that will sway me from apple, especially since the incredible keeps getting bumped back longer and longer backorders...

And it's not like you have to wait terribly long for the Droid X. It's being released on July 15th for $199. I'm excited for that phone, although my rusty trusty Droid 1 is becoming obsolete now :(

Hack itttt!!!!

And it's not like you have to wait terribly long for the Droid X. It's being released on July 15th for $199. I'm excited for that phone, although my rusty trusty Droid 1 is becoming obsolete now :(

I'm fine with keeping my warranty completely intact on my Droid. I don't have the use for custom ROMS yet. I'm perfectly content with running LauncherPro on my Droid, still giving me that custom feeling.

By the way, apparently the iPhone 4 can only be used with the right hand, because in the left hand, calls drop every time? Hahaha, #AppleFail

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

This is freaking terrible! I can't believe they would let this happen...