Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

Thanks chippa :)

Prices are lower than Purehockey?

Is it Tax free?

all of NH is tax free, sales tax is a state wide thing

i thought id give my opinion on how the S17 has worked out for me.

Like i mentioned in this thread, i used an S17 pro stock in aug (it was an actual S17, not a painted ST or SL). I was very impressed on how the stick handled and how my shot was with it. Upon receiving my retail S17 here are my thoughts on how the retail one performed.

Im 6"2 210 lbs forward

i like taking slapshots, and after using my s17 i found the stick to be WAY to whippy. As for the slapshots (my favorite shot), i found this stick performed terrible every time i took one. It always felt like i didnt get anything behind the shot at all and it had no speed. I normally use a nbh one90 pro flex, so this could be why i didnt like the s17 as much.

I found this stick to be too light for me as well. When i play i like to feel at least like im holding something, and this has no weight to it whatsoever, and felt like nothing was in my hands. Can be a positive or negative depending on what you like.

Snapshots and wristers are great with this stick, very accurate and i can get a really quick release on them. IMO this is a much better version of the Vapor XXXX.

Overall, though i did not check the flex of the pro one i got to use in august, but it felt MUCH stiffer than the retail (probably was). Maybe thats what i would need to use this stick on a regular basis. I used the retail stick for a bit in fairly fast pick up games and i still wouldn't use it in a game at all. Just my 2 cents.

That's amazing because the one Easton sent me is stiffer than any 100 flex I've ever seen.

Yours is definately the exception, I've been to a number of shops across Southern Ontario and everyone is noticing how "flexy" the sticks are. Then again, you have to cut the stick down to get it to 100 flex.

Thanks chippa :)

Prices are lower than Purehockey?

Is it Tax free?

Prices are comparable and the non-high school guys I know there are good guys. If you happen to see a guy called Cat or Handsy there, tell them Chip sent you.

i thought id give my opinion on how the S17 has worked out for me.

Like i mentioned in this thread, i used an S17 pro stock in aug (it was an actual S17, not a painted ST or SL). I was very impressed on how the stick handled and how my shot was with it. Upon receiving my retail S17 here are my thoughts on how the retail one performed.

Im 6"2 210 lbs forward

i like taking slapshots, and after using my s17 i found the stick to be WAY to whippy. As for the slapshots (my favorite shot), i found this stick performed terrible every time i took one. It always felt like i didnt get anything behind the shot at all and it had no speed. I normally use a nbh one90 pro flex, so this could be why i didnt like the s17 as much.

I found this stick to be too light for me as well. When i play i like to feel at least like im holding something, and this has no weight to it whatsoever, and felt like nothing was in my hands. Can be a positive or negative depending on what you like.

Snapshots and wristers are great with this stick, very accurate and i can get a really quick release on them. IMO this is a much better version of the Vapor XXXX.

Overall, though i did not check the flex of the pro one i got to use in august, but it felt MUCH stiffer than the retail (probably was). Maybe thats what i would need to use this stick on a regular basis. I used the retail stick for a bit in fairly fast pick up games and i still wouldn't use it in a game at all. Just my 2 cents.

thanks for the info, :)

The feel of the stick is pretty good, but I almost wish there was a bit more more weight on the blade. not for balance, but for puckhandling. (The balance of the S17 is great.) Then again I've only used it 3 times so far and I'm sure I'll adjust accordingly.

I agree. Feels like there is nothing on the end of the shaft. I probably just need to get used to it. Shots fly off the blade though.

I've had mine since the 24th and have been on the ice 6 times since. It is by far the whippiest stick I have ever seen. Shots fly off that thing. But I broke the blade this morning on a wrist shot. A WRIST SHOT. Go warranty!

I've been putting mine through heavy use this past month, and the stick is still holding up. One part that worried me is that when I look at the silver sticker on the stick, the bar code disappeared from wear after a couple times using the stick. Now that I've pretty much passed the warranty period, it doesn't matter too much, but I wonder if that would have been a problem.

Just went back from bruin's game tonight

Seems that most of the players use S17

(2 were broken tonight by the way)

Is the stick so good?

It has been mentioned before that some of the players are using their same Easton sticks as previous seasons with a S17 paint scheme. Not all of them are the ellipse style sticks. As I mentioned above, the 100 flex felt as whippy as my 77 flex XXX...and at one of the rinks in the area they have been getting a lot of returns within 1 session of purchase and most have been snapped in the new ellipse taper area or right above it where it becomes the regular shaft shape. IMO this stick needs some further development and was pushed a bit too hard for the Christmas season.

This is another case of Easton putting their massive marketing machine behind an unfinished product. They've made a couple of good sticks, but this obviously isn't one of them!

mine broke at the shaft on a wrist shot during warm ups. only got to use it twice. no warranty. it was a christmas present and my parents got it in early november. Its a shame i really liked that stick, while it lasted. pretty damn upset.

mine broke at the shaft on a wrist shot during warm ups. only got to use it twice. no warranty. it was a christmas present and my parents got it in early november. Its a shame i really liked that stick, while it lasted. pretty damn upset.

why no warranty?

like he said, his parents bought it in Nov as an xmas present, so he didn't get it till the 25th which basically wasted the warranty

Good point about the fake S17's. Stay away from any on ebay as paying 200 plus for a ST or older Stealth is not too cool.

I got a painted over Stealth but the good news I got it for 100 and change.

I bought an s17 on 11/29 and just got my warranty info, my stick isn't broken but it started out pretty whippy (which i didnt mind too much) but got horribly worse through a month of use. Right now it is like a noodle and although i loved how i shot with it in the beginnig it is horrible at this point. Has anyone esle experianced this breakdown in flex?

Jon93,

As for your loss of warrentie, I would suggest that you either contact Easton and explane your situation or simply contact the store and have them help you with this. There are always exceptions.

I plan on writing an email about my problem. Theres actually very good proof that I never used the stick before christmas, I fractured my L-4 vertebra late October. I know its not an excuse or anything just thought it would'nt hurt to add a little more backround info. Other then the break in the middle in the shaft the blade and everything else looks like it was barely touched.

They apparently do break in very heavily and quickly. It's not necessarily the fault of the seller, just the nature of the stick.

Just be honest. The worst thing they can do is tell you no, which would put you back where you were before you asked.

So should i tell them my story or what?

sorry for all the questions but ive never had to deal with a stick warranty.

Just call Easton and tell them. Companies tend to be forgiving when it comes to Christmas gifts bought well ahead of time when it comes to warranties. Plus, depending on state laws, it could be a case where the warranty on manufacturing defects cannot expire.