Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

Canada v Russia Superseries

mms://a846.l3156036845.c31560.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/846/31560/v0001/reflector:37356

ask and ye shall receive

Can we use this link for every game?

mms://a846.l3156036845.c31560.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/846/31560/v0001/reflector:37356

ask and ye shall receive

Can we use this link for every game?

No, and I likely won't be publishing any more, as I am usually only on the computer at work, or if I have stuff to do at home (usually updating beer recipes or some web design), so won't be up for the game saturday morning, or the evening games next week.

Sorry

As much as I've liked David with Turris & Tavares...the possibility of a edgy guy like Colton Gillies with him could lead to some more open ice...which could be very scary for Russia.

Man..

The hip-check on Gagne, which was just amazing.. you don't see that much anymore.

Giroux's on-his-butt twist-around pass that led to Tavares' goal.. CRAZY.

Canada's puck-control is off the scale..

this game is amazing.

Russia finally with a cheapshot of their own. Unfortunately, it was against the good guy

It would be great if 3 or so guys from each team gets F'ed up from this "series." Would teach a good lesson to both countries of what a bad idea it was and how meaningless the series is. How it pales in comparison to past ones and how the teams are so uneven from the start

Of course, I say that in jest and do not truly mean it.

During intermission the guys on tsn said that the hit on Perron should have only been a 4:00 double minor for interference, I think he definatly deserved a 5:00 major. What does everyone else think about that call ?

During intermission the guys on tsn said that the hit on Perron should have only been a 4:00 double minor for interference. I think he definatly deserved a 5:00 major. What does everyone else think about that call ?

I'm glad they called a major, personally.. that was just a dirty, unneeded elbow. It doesn't belong in the game.

During intermission the guys on tsn said that the hit on Perron should have only been a 4:00 double minor for interference. I think he definatly deserved a 5:00 major. What does everyone else think about that call ?

I'm glad they called a major, personally.. that was just a dirty, unneeded elbow. It doesn't belong in the game.

Canada has been doing it throughout. Sutter is famous for his goonery on the other team's top players. Ya think it would start to go the other way eventually, eh?

Canada has been doing it throughout. Sutter is famous for his goonery on the other team's top players. Ya think it would start to go the other way eventually, eh?

I never got to watch the first three games.. but I'd be just as hopeful that anything Canada did got called too.. I know that Sutter pretty much benched Marchand for his goonery..

Anyway, It's not about who's the most goony. I like to focus on the good stuff... and look at that, Russia is almost back in this game. Good for them.

Let's try not to get too depressing shall we?

I never got to watch the first three games.. but I'd be just as hopeful that anything Canada did got called too.. I know that Sutter pretty much benched Marchand for his goonery..

Anyway, It's not about who's the most goony. I like to focus on the good stuff... and look at that, Russia is almost back in this game. Good for them.

Let's try not to get too depressing shall we?

Try having your two top Russian prospects get cheap-shotted in this series, and let me know how you feel. Not to mention I tuned in objectively from the start, and it is just not even fun- The teams were so outmatched in skill, coaching, etc that it shouldn't have even been made. Just a rah rah series. Whoever wins should feel no pride. Canada could have blown by Russia without the goonery, so it is even more disgusting that they resorted to it and in fact used it as a game plan.

I hope the Canadians are not putting this on the same pedestal as past series. Because this one actually holds no historical significance or any signicficance for that matter

Try having your two top Russian prospects get cheap-shotted in this series, and let me know how you feel. Not to mention I tuned in objectively from the start, and it is just not even fun- The teams were so outmatched in skill, coaching, etc that it shouldn't have even been made. Just a rah rah series. Whoever wins should feel no pride. Canada could have blown by Russia without the goonery, so it is even more disgusting that they resorted to it and in fact used it as a game plan.

I hope the Canadians are not putting this on the same pedestal as past series. Because this one actually holds no historical significance or any signicficance for that matter

heh.. *NOBODY* is putting this on a pedestal, trust me. It was only ever meant to just be a fun break (for the fans) before the hockey seasons started.

As for difference in skill/etc, the only *true* mis-match here is goal-tending. The only other missing factor I see here is heart. The Russian players don't seem to really care about playing (and, if they think like you do, no wonder), whereas the Canadians play their hearts out whenever they wear a Canadian sweater.. regardless if the game has this precious "significance".

Really, if you don't like the concept/games/etc, just stop watching them. Stop worrying about them, and stop writing about them. heh.

heh.. *NOBODY* is putting this on a pedestal, trust me. It was only ever meant to just be a fun break (for the fans) before the hockey seasons started.

As for difference in skill/etc, the only *true* mis-match here is goal-tending. The only other missing factor I see here is heart. The Russian players don't seem to really care about playing (and, if they think like you do, no wonder), whereas the Canadians play their hearts out whenever they wear a Canadian sweater.. regardless if the game has this precious "significance".

Really, if you don't like the concept/games/etc, just stop watching them. Stop worrying about them, and stop writing about them. heh.

Hey Jethro,

I will worry about them because two of the Ranger's top Russian prospects have played in the game, and I wanted to see how Perron played.

Much more mismatches than the goaltending- Although the Russian goalies are a joke. I'll admit the Russians lack heart, but they cannot compete with this Canadian group on paper to begin with. Coaching you are talking about night and day.

The Canadians play cheap with the sweater on, we do know this. And 0h, it is on a pedestal. I have quite a few Canadian friends and they were going on and on about how huge this is. I can't imagine their sadness now, knowing that it will represent nothing and how it is just a glorified exhibition- now more than ever with how the teams have played and acted. Just needed to have a series so jerkoff fans up there could look forward for something in early September.

Ahh.. I see.. you just have a thing against the Canadian national teams.

So be it. Enjoy your misery. heh

Well, you missed the point. But I'll give you props for trying. If the US loses in any international event, I root for Canada second. Gretzky my favorite player, etc

As I said, it sounds terrible, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if a few more players on each side got injured. It would once again teach a lesson to these two countries and show this was not needed. I am all for WJC, WC's, Olympics- Because those are actually legit and represent a host of competing countries. This is not 1972 or 1987 where the majority of great players were either Canadian or Russian actually making the series make sense.

I don't really see how Sutter's hit on Chera was a cheap shot, it wasn't the cleanest hit I agree, but it wasn't a cheap shot. Chera cut acrossed the middle with his head down, I mean it's like he was asking for it, he should have known better in my opinion. Like I said though, Brandon did leave his feet, though I disagree when people say he stuck his elbow out.

If your going to talk cheap shots I think the hit on Parron this morning in game four was the biggest cheap shot in the series. I could understand if he was close to the puck, but it was like 20 feet away. Atleast When Cheraponov got hit, he had just released his shot.

The Russian's biggest problem is their coaching. Such poor coaching it's unbelievable how bad it's been in this series. I will say though, they Russian's played a much better game in game 4, but most of that was only in the first period. They don't stand a chance now though heading back to Canada. The only thing to look forward to now is Canada trying to sweep the 8 game series.

Watch the replay on Youtube of the play starting with the Russian break out in their end. After Sutter gets dumped by Chere, Sutter skates the length of the ice with bad intentions to nail Chere.

Simple question: If you just got nailed like Chere did, you think you just took a good, honest high hit or do you think you just took a dirty high hit? Are you getting up off the ice ready to pat Sutter in the butt(like they do in the NFL) for delivering a good shot or are you getting up wanting to kill him? Its a simple question.

I think he got up and said something like: "Where's the large twig that i smack the over cooked english muffin with?"

Watch the replay on Youtube of the play starting with the Russian break out in their end. After Sutter gets dumped by Chere, Sutter skates the length of the ice with bad intentions to nail Chere.

Simple question: If you just got nailed like Chere did, you think you just took a good, honest high hit or do you think you just took a dirty high hit? Are you getting up off the ice ready to pat Sutter in the butt(like they do in the NFL) for delivering a good shot or are you getting up wanting to kill him? Its a simple question.

I said it wasn't the cleanest hit because he left his feet, I never once said it was a clean hit. Also, your telling me that if someone slue foots you, you don't try to lay a hit on them if you get the chance? I know I would try to lay them out good. Sutter got pissed, went down the ice and got his chance to nail him and did just that, was it clean? no, was it a elbow? no. It was a charge and that's why he went to the box, it wasn't a cheap shot though, anyone who cuts arcoss the middel of the ice with their head down is going to get rocked, rather it clean or not depends on how they hit you obviously. Personally I don't see what you were trying to get arcoss.

Russia finally with a cheapshot of their own. Unfortunately, it was against the good guy

It would be great if 3 or so guys from each team gets F'ed up from this "series." Would teach a good lesson to both countries of what a bad idea it was and how meaningless the series is. How it pales in comparison to past ones and how the teams are so uneven from the start

Of course, I say that in jest and do not truly mean it.

While I agree the series was a stupid idea, the first one was also supposed to be a one-sided route for Canada.

Famous for it? How many times have you seen him play outside of this series? What top players has he taken out?

I'm not looking past what Chere did to Sutter at the other end of the ice. That is what started Sutter to begin with. We agree the hit on Chere wasn't clean. You clearly say it wasn't a cheap shot, though. So, charging to you is not a cheap shot?

My question is easy: If you just got rocked by Sutter with that hit, do you consider it clean or cheap?

I'm not looking past what Chere did to Sutter at the other end of the ice. That is what started Sutter to begin with. We agree the hit on Chere wasn't clean. You clearly say it wasn't a cheap shot, though. So, charging to you is not a cheap shot?

My question is easy: If you just got rocked by Sutter with that hit, do you consider it clean or cheap?

Neither, it wasn't clean, but it wasn't cheap. It would have been cheap if Chera never had the puck or if it was late or something, but it was neither of them, he left his feet a little, it's not like he was jumping for a dunk or anything it was like standing on your tippy toes and that's why it got called because of IIHF rules. It wasn't cheap though as I said, I'm not sure what to call it, but I don;t call it clean and I don't call it cheap either.