Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbeck

Zubov's Curve

I am just wondering if anyone is familiar with Zubov's curve (or see picture below)

Zubov's curve pic

I am a forward and I love to stickhandle + shoot wrist/snap shots. Do you guys think that this curve would be a good one to try out?

Also, should I buy a CNT Stealth or the original Stealth? Which one is better?

Thanks.

What curve do you currently use ? Does it work well for you ?Most of the time stick and blade selection is all about personal preference, so it pretty much depends on you and how you use the stick or the time you put into adjusting to a new curve.I personally prefer the older stealth , but again that does'nt mean you would.

Maybe you could find a curve close to the Zubov and try it out, see if indeed you like it ? Check out the review section for opinions on the Stealths, good luck with your stick selection. :)

Thanks a lot. I know that it is all about personal preferences but I was just asking since everyone said that Sakic or Naslund's curves are best for wristshots. And I know that probably different types of curves serve different purposes.

I want to try out this Zubov stick since I want to try the Stealth CNT and also the lie of this stick is right for me.

So from the picture I posted, is the Zubov curve a heel curve?

Thanks for the link, DCott!

So this stick is probably "better" for shooting then stickhandling...but then I also see that on the site that Jagr and Kovalev both use heel curve. So I guess once again, it's all up to the player's preference. Decision...decision...

So this stick is probably "better" for shooting then stickhandling...but then I also see that on the site that Jagr and Kovalev both use heel curve. So I guess once again, it's all up to the player's preference. Decision...decision...

those guys have some pretty heavy duty hooks (curve)

Ir's definitely preference. I think you can get used to any stick if you use it enough, no matter what curve. go with whatever you feel most comfortable with (which is hard to figure out because you haven't used the stick, I know)

Thanks a lot. I know that it is all about personal preferences but I was just asking since everyone said that Sakic or Naslund's curves are best for wristshots. And I know that probably different types of curves serve different purposes.

I want to try out this Zubov stick since I want to try the Stealth CNT and also the lie of this stick is right for me.

So from the picture I posted, is the Zubov curve a heel curve?

Thanks for the link, DCott!

I use a Sakic and decided to try out a Modano once and it just flat out did'nt work for me at all ( thats what I meant by P.P. )but I have a few friends who swear by the Modano and they have no trouble stickhandling or shooting .I personally find the Sakic ( also the TPS Nash ) great for wristers and snappers,I tend to shoot a little high on slappers when I forget to roll my wrists though.

I would say the Zubov is a heel curve too, looks kinda Modanoish ?? .Is your present curve close to the Zubov at all ?

I am just wondering if anyone is familiar with Zubov's curve (or see picture below)

Zubov's curve pic

I am a forward and I love to stickhandle + shoot wrist/snap shots. Do you guys think that this curve would be a good one to try out?

Also, should I buy a CNT Stealth or the original Stealth? Which one is better?

Thanks.

I use a similar curve and have a great wrist & snap shot. I don't stickhandle a lot but I prefer a shallow curve as the bounces tend to be more predictable. I would say that how you shoot and what lie you need are the two most important questions in making your decision. If you can't use a 5 lie (or lower) then you shouldn't even consider the blade. If you use a "pick and fling" style of shooting with this type of curve you're also going to have problems. You need to go heel to toe with shots.

I thought perhaps dbeck might like the option of trying the curve before buying the stealths,but in hindsight 12 blades is quite a lot ( I suppose you could sell what you don't use if you were to win the auction ).Just trying to be helpful ?

Currently I am using a Wellwood pro-stock One 90 stick. It has an almost flat curve and it is a bit too whippy for me at 77 flex.

My friend has a Zubov blade and he said that the curve is actually a slight mid-curve...so does anyone know for sure whether it is heel or mid curve? I definitely want a blade that is good for stickhandling as that is the most important aspect of my game.

So you don't trust your own eyes looking at the pics? Just don't start thinking a blade's going to make you a better or worse stickhandler.

Good call on the Wellwood pattern though; I had a few of his wood blades and they were nice, albeit a little long on the hosel.

Currently I am using a Wellwood pro-stock One 90 stick. It has an almost flat curve and it is a bit too whippy for me at 77 flex.

My friend has a Zubov blade and he said that the curve is actually a slight mid-curve...so does anyone know for sure whether it is heel or mid curve? I definitely want a blade that is good for stickhandling as that is the most important aspect of my game.

Either you're good at stickhandling or you're not. The blade has very little to do with it.

coming from a forsberg user, i personally think this curve looks awesome. however, as mentioned earlier, this is for guys that go heel to toe on their shots. it just depends on your style of play. this thing would suit me perfectly though.