Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

30 Games in 30 Days in 30 NHL Cities

So, what does "Promotions Manager for the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau" pay?

$10,000 on airfare/car rentals/hotels... :unsure:

No mention of the cost of the game tickets...but wow, that's a hell of a road trip.

With the price of tickets these days I don't get to as many games as in the old days but here's my list: Madison Square Garden, Continental Arena, Nassau Coliseum, old Boston Garden, new Boston Garden, Maple Leaf Gardens, Montreal Forum, and old Buffalo Auditorium.

The Montreal Forum had it all, great sight lines, history, passionate fans, and atmosphere. I have sat down low and I have sat in the last row at the Forum. Both were great seats. Maple Leaf Gardens had the history, too. They just didn't have beer! Yes, they still were not selling beer inside MLG during the 80s. The bars nearby did great business before the games. MLG was neat with all the seats on the side going way up high. Boston Garden was tiny and had the oval corners that forced the game directly to the net. I saw the Oilers win the Cup there. The presentation of the Cup in person is something every fan should see at least once in their life. Madison Square Garden has the most dedicated fans and the worst sight lines of any building you will ever watch a hockey game in. The fans and the Rangers make up for that. I have seen some great games at MSG over the years.

Its funny that you listed that article. I actually ran into to that guy on my way home from work last week in front Penn Station. I saw his jersey on the back it said "30 Games in 30 Nights" with the number 30 so I asked him what number game he was on. I chatted with him a while and wished him good luck. What I would give to be able to spend the time going to every NHL rink. And to think some scouts get paid to do that, I'm gonna cry in my cube now.

They just interviewed him on FSN pittsburgh, he's there for the Pit/Phi game..

He said he's footing the bill for himself. This was his 13th game and Montreal was his favorite so far.

www.30gamesin30nights.com

...Montreal was his favorite so far.

I can't imagine a real hockey fan (regardless of who they cheer for) attending a game at Bell Centre and NOT loving the atmosphere there.

Bell Centre is great...to be there as an American during the WCoH in 2004 vs Canada was a bit much though!