Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor13478

MLB offseason thread

The Jays swap 3B with the Cards, getting Rolen for Glaus.

Bum foot for bum shoulder.

Glaus doesn't have to deal with field turf, Rolen doesn't have to deal with Larussa.

The Jays swap 3B with the Cards, getting Rolen for Glaus.

Bum foot for bum shoulder.

Glaus doesn't have to deal with field turf, Rolen doesn't have to deal with Larussa.

I'm liking the Jays infield this year.

1st - Overbay

2nd - Hill

3rd - Rolen

SS - Eckstein/MacDonald

I'm not expecting many errors to be made.

Overbay/Hill/Rolen/MacDonald is probably the best defensive infield in the majors. Rolen might even make Eckstein look good at SS.

Kenny Williams, after getting completely fleeced by Beaner, returned the favor on the NL West

Angels get

Konerko(owed 36mil over three years)

Crede(owed 19mil over three years)

for

Howie Kendrick(minimum)

Ervin Santana(first arbitration year)

Nick Adenhart(Angels' #1 prospect)

Sean Rodriguez(#5 prospect, great fielding SS)

Is that actually a deal? I refuse to believe the Angels are that stupid.

Kenny Williams, after getting completely fleeced by Beaner, returned the favor on the NL West

Angels get

Konerko(owed 36mil over three years)

Crede(owed 19mil over three years)

for

Howie Kendrick(minimum)

Ervin Santana(first arbitration year)

Nick Adenhart(Angels' #1 prospect)

Sean Rodriguez(#5 prospect, great fielding SS)

Is that actually a deal? I refuse to believe the Angels are that stupid.

It had legs for like three days but never went through. Don't be shocked if someone completely overvalues shitty Crede in a trade though.

I was looking for this thread earlier to post about that. A little unexpected, then again I don't follow as much about the Twins/Mets as I do other teams.

And everyone predicted this would happen. The longer it went, the less Minny would receive. This truly will be less than 50 cents on the dollar for Santana.

Phil

And without giving up their top prospect, anything from the bullpen, or a single player from the major league roster.

I'm already feeling just like I did when I was a li'l Wiz in '85, watching Gooden go out there every fifth day and dominating. NL pennant or bust for Willie this year.

And without giving up their top prospect, anything from the bullpen, or a single player from the major league roster.

I'm already feeling just like I did when I was a li'l Wiz in '85, watching Gooden go out there every fifth day and dominating. NL pennant or bust for Willie this year.

Yeah, not giving up #1, but #2-5.

2, 3, 4, and 7, if you want to get technical :P The highest ranked one, Guerra, being 19 years old and pure fastball-changeup right now with no breaking ball to speak of; in other words, 2-3 years from any big league impact whatsoever. Mulvey has a nice tricky arm with a great slider. Humber's curve has recovered well from TJ surgery, but neither is the power guy that the Mets have been dying for in recent years like Johan is. Gomez still has a ways to go offensively before he can be relied upon at the plate. His speed is off the charts, and he certainly has a very high ceiling, but he seems like one of those feast-or-famine guys that the Met system has been known for churning out (see: Ochoa, Alex).

Bottom line, none of these guys you cry about when you're getting the best pitcher on the planet, filling the singular need of the team to put them back into the WS picture. And with three first round picks and no qualms about taking the best player available at any slot since the Mets aren't strapped for cash and afraid of bonus $, like many other teams, the farm system can be replenished quicker than some realize.

That's what the beat writers around here were saying. Minnesota supposedly kept flip flopping between Hughes/Melky/Kennedy or ""/""/Marquez and Cashman got fed up.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was the same thing with Boston but deals headed by Buchholz with Ellsbury plus lower prospects, or Lester and Ellsbury plus better prospects.

Buchholz was never on the table; there were two different packages, one headlined by Elsbury, one by Lester, but the two were said to have never been available together.

The Yankees took Hughes off the table a long time ago.

I am really upset they let Johan go. It's not like we didn't see it coming. The Twins bring up these really good players then just let them walk. Pohlad needs to step up to the plate and spend some money. He always spends just enough to keep us in the playoff hunt but never enough to put us over the top.

The twins wanted both Lester and Ellsbury but the sox wouldn't give it to em.

If that was simply the case, and it would have just been BS prospects for the rest of the deal, I don't see why. Ellsbury's value will never be higher than it is right now, chances are it's the same with Lester.

Elsbury's filling an immediate need for the Red Sox though, that of speed and the ability to get on base at the top of the order, something they could not replace with Crisp. If it's a choice of adding a frontline pitcher at bigtime $ to an already very good rotation at the expense of creating a void at the top of your order, when I wouldn't consider a Johan-quality starter a NEED for the Red Sox, I can't blame them for not biting.