Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Pro stock AK-27 shafts

Well thank you, UPS. I came home from my mother's house and there was a box on the door (but I'll overlook them leaving it out like that) and it was the shafts. No blades and I'm missing some shafts. Order slip lists all the stuff I ordered but not all of it's there. I digress for now.

AK27s seemed awfully short, I haven't matched them up with any regular shafts but they did appear to be at least more than 5" shorter than the Dolos. For the conspiracy theorists the insides of the shaft have a greenish paint/tint in some parts but I have no clue what that is. There were hand written "W: L:" for weight and length. Two had the usual printed stickers, one with "INNO 1100 INHO526S" and one with just "INHO526S." One seemed pretty thin, like TPS radius thin, then the other was very nice because it is absolutely Boxy Brown.

Dolos were whippy as hell, like my brother ordered, but the polarfibre one he has is going to break his first shift, I just feel it. It felt tinny from just pulling it out and there were air bubbles under the graphics and the stick's coming apart like a shirt with a loose thread. I went to pull what I thought was tape off and no, it's graphite/something and it came right down. There's a big glob of it together at the end but hopefully it'll be fine when he cuts it down.

Stampeder:

When you got with Hockey Monkey about items not shipped out, is there anyone specific I should talk to or will anyone be able to take care of this? Ugh, it's bittersweet.

Mack - I wish I could remember the girls name, all I remember was she sounded cute (if that makes any sense) she was really helpful.

Hopefully your issue gets cleared up as soon as mine was.

Edit - When she looked up my order it told her that my shafts weren't shipped, so lets hope everything goes that smooth for you.

She must be new, all the girls I've talked to at HM sound like Fran Drescher... not my kind of girl.

Actually, the only girl that didn't sound like that was the manager... Do they hire men at HM? I dont think I've ever spoken with a guy at HM.

Might be a silly question, but I did a search on pro-stock Warrior sticks and couldn't find anything.

For the Dolomites, does anyone know if the "clear" is a grip coating like the clear grip retail Dolos, or if it's just a regular non-grip coating? Thanks

Might be a silly question, but I did a search on pro-stock Warrior sticks and couldn't find anything.

For the Dolomites, does anyone know if the "clear" is a grip coating like the clear grip retail Dolos, or if it's just a regular non-grip coating? Thanks

non-grip

Problem solved much like Stampeder's and another batch will be going out. No help with the Polarfibre shaft so I guess I'd be cautious if I was someone wanting to order one. This one's going to break in the first game, if not shift.

No, how did they know yours hadn't got out? I just had to tell them I had a slip showing the shafts I ordered but they weren't all in there. I had to reassure them at the amount I ordered I wasn't trying to bleed them for some that "didn't make it."

To anyone that has ordered multiples of the pro stock ak-27 or dolomite shafts from monkey, have you noticed different shaft shapes. I got two 260 and two 300 flex dolomites and got one of each flex that is pretty boxy and one of each flex that has more rounded corners. I definately prefer the round corners due to my carny hands.

Check out the thread maybe because that's what my post was about. Of the two AK27s that I actually received, one was very TPS Radius-y and the other (awesome shaft) was boxy as shit. And big.

Just got my 100 Flex AK-27 Grips today. Ordered Federov blades from Inline Warehouse since there weren't any at HM and no standard pro-stocks. What a nice stick!!!

And for anyone curious... yes, the 100 Flex is Ridiculously stiff!! But it works for me being a 200lb guy who really torques down on a shaft for slappers and wristers. Should be interesting to really see these things in action.

And as for the shaft shape, no concave shape, both are squared.

Frank~Frank

To anyone that has ordered multiples of the pro stock ak-27 or dolomite shafts from monkey, have you noticed different shaft shapes. I got two 260 and two 300 flex dolomites and got one of each flex that is pretty boxy and one of each flex that has more rounded corners. I definately prefer the round corners due to my carny hands.

Yep, I got 1 boxy 380 dolomite and 1 concave 380 dolomite.

I ordered three Polarfibre Dolomites, all are the same shaft shape (boxy) and the flex marked on the outside of the shaft matches the tag on the inside on all three. I received exactly what I ordered, and it arrived quickly. I'm in a pleasant state of shock.

I ordered three Polarfibre Dolomites, all are the same shaft shape (boxy) and the flex marked on the outside of the shaft matches the tag on the inside on all three. I received exactly what I ordered, and it arrived quickly. I'm in a pleasant state of shock.

Had the exact same reaction yesterday when I received my 2 Polarfibre Dolomites. They are identical and the markings match inside and out.

Edit: Forgot to mention they were both very boxy compaired to my retail Dolomite.

One heads up though...

The blade I removed from my original retail Dolo fit much more snugly than the retail Dolo II blade I have. The shafts seem boxy and the walls look a bit thiner the my retail Dolo. The Dolo II blade is small in the longer direction of the tenon, snug in the short.

Had the exact same reaction yesterday when I received my 2 Polarfibre Dolomites. They are identical and the markings match inside and out.

One heads up though...

The blade I removed from my original retail Dolo fit much more snugly than the retail Dolo II blade I have. The shafts seem boxy and the walls look a bit thiner the my retail Dolo. The Dolo II blade is small in the longer direction of the tenon, snug in the short.

This is leading me to believe that the PF Dolos aren't really pro stock since the markings have been exact on the inside unlike the other Dolos and so far they have all been boxy with not variations. I believe someone mentioned that Warrior might just be doing it to see how well they sell.

I got both of my 300 flex dolomite shafts with nipple grip. Both have identical concave/rounded shaft shape and feel exactly like the retail shafts. Markings inside say 314 flex at 298 grams and 315 flex at 304 grams.

I got my 2 400 flex clear Dolos cuz they didn't have any nipple grips left. Both are concaved, but they don't feel any whippier than my retail 75 flex dolo. Anyone else got the 400 flex and experienced the same thing?

I got my 2 400 flex clear Dolos cuz they didn't have any nipple grips left. Both are concaved, but they don't feel any whippier than my retail 75 flex dolo. Anyone else got the 400 flex and experienced the same thing?

I was actually thinking of ordering a 400 flex Dolo off there...just how whippy are they? I have a 77 flex Vapor XXX (non lite) and it's still relatively stiff. Looking for something with a bit more pop but thinking it might be overkill, any input appreciated.

I have a 77 flex XXX-lite and it feels about the same as my 75 flex warrior, which is about the same (for me anyway) as the 400 flex prostock Dolomites.

I got both of my 300 flex dolomite shafts with nipple grip. Both have identical concave/rounded shaft shape and feel exactly like the retail shafts. Markings inside say 314 flex at 298 grams and 315 flex at 304 grams.

do you guys think that the w stands for the weight? i thought this too at first but after looking at the different posts and at my two 300 flex shafts (the stickers say W 323 and 306) i am beginning to doubt that the grams could be that much off? chillaxin in an earlier post said that his shafts said 334 and 354. can the weights vary this much?

as for the flex, one of my shafts the sticker says F 279 and the shaft says 300 flex on the outside. but if i look where the model code is usually printed on the inside of a retail sticks it says 30/295. i wonder who put on these stickers and what they actually mean?

i haven't put on a blade and tried to compare it with my 85 flex retail yet, but it seems the flex is similar and the two shafts don't seem much different in flex.