Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyshmockey10

Nike V 12 Footbeds

I have been skating with my nikes for a couple days now and I have started to notice that my arch's are killing my feet. Could this be the foot bed or is it just me and my foot? I talked to a guy who came in the otherday wanting to trade in his used V12s and had the same complaint with them. To all the V12 users have you expierenced the same thing? I might change out my footbeds to superfeets and give it a go. I didnt expierence this during my season but only at the end and from now on when I tie them super tight. Just give me some feedback please

I have Nike Hi-Ho Silvers for roller and i have the same problem. I notice if i keep my skates on my foot about an hour before a game/practice, then my foot has a chance to adjust to the footbed.

Comfort was never my problem with v12s... It was the fact that the stupid skates couldn't stay together for more than ten games...

I heated the skates and the footbeds...thats what I have to do now is tie the skates really loose by my arches and then tight at the top. It doesnt give me the secure feeling. Im going to try the footbeds at my work just to see how they are and then Im going to kinda make a decision. If not Ill see if I can give these up and maybe look into a new pair. These are getting kinda beat up anyway so they might have broken down some.

Kinda off the subject but I found out today that the bauer 8090 was built on the classic gold last. We dont carry them in our shop so Im not that knowlegable about them. A pair came in and they looked bigger..I might be interested in those b/c the golds I tried on didnt give me any problems...

when i tie my skates, to avoid pain, is to tie them fairly tight near the toes, relaxed at the arch but not loose, and then tight at the ankle

Im skating on the Roller Daddy's for Inline ATM and with my feet having High arches I havn't had any problems. But then again I also wore them in mostly at home keeping my feet flat and my knees at 90 degrees when sitting.

I have the exact same problem with my Bauer Vapor 6s. If I tied them too tight around the arch area, they would kill. When I first got these, It felt like I broke my foot every skate but eventually it was either I broke the skate in or I broke my foot in :P

Actually, the 8090s were built off of the old Mega last.

Also, I too have the v12s and got around the problem by leaving the laces looser closer to the toe and then tightening as I went up. Another thing I noticed about the v12 footbed is that there is a riser in the heel and toe areas of the foot but the middle is not supported as well. I wonder if you added some foam to the middle of the footbed if that would give you a little more support where you are feeling pain. Not sure if I would remove the heel and toe foam since they also seem to help protect those areas from rubbing against the rivets coming through the outsole. Those rivets can tear a footbed apart pretty good and they don't feel too good when they break through.

Actually, the 8090s were built off of the old Mega last.

Thats right I actually knew that but it slipped my mind. How did the old megas fit anyway. I have wider feet and at my heel so would these possibly in the future be a good choice for me?

The fit is similar to the old CCM Tacks. Wider in the forefoot without being enormous in the heel. It's the first time D width from Bauer actually fit my foot.

Most of the guys in our Pro Shop have all been wearing the V12. We got them on a promo deal for Shop guys or Instructors. All of us have had some complaint with them, but mostly the arch or the tounge. Best bet was tight low, less in the arch and tight on top. That or just suck it up. Stick time, then teach as lesson, then Pick-up all in a row will put a hurting on your feet in the V12.

when i tie my skates, to avoid pain, is to tie them fairly tight near the toes, relaxed at the arch but not loose, and then tight at the ankle

I do exactly the same with my Vapors, they dont hurt (anymore).

I have Nike Roller Daddy's for roller hockey, they dont seem to hurt my feet doing the same lace tightening as my Vapors.