Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whaler5

Stealth at Great Skate

The Lidstrom is alot different than the Drury. Although both heels it is very difficult to use them the same way. I found I had to alter my way of shooting to use the Lidstrom. Yes I will join your petition Cavs.

Around here Modano is the pattern for the older player, Middle age players use alot of Yzermans, Shanny's and even Listroms. Younger guys use Modano or Yzerman juniors because it's all thats around.

Chadd- I would like to see them put the real players who use each curve on the stick for a year, just to see if it changes anything.

Depends how you would adapt to it. You may not be able to use it at all it may be great. I find with the drury I take alot of snap shots, which is great because they are quicker and for me harder while taking less time.

What I don't get is how Easton's most popular pro pattern is its least popular retail pattern.  Assholes need to learn how to play and not use curves for crutches.

Settle down, Francis. Some of us just happen to like a nice moderate mid curve, ie. Iginla.

Yeah but that pattern's theoretically too new to get discarded anytime soon, plus it has followers of the P71 pattern already. Decent heel curves go out like dinosaurs while the Lidstrom somehow still thrives.

Just making the point that the Iginla is hardly a crutch-curve and yet it is hugely popular. And while some have converted from the P71, the Iginla is a smaller and more gradual bend. I'll bet more converts to the Iginla were fans of the original Bure curve on Bauer before it started mimmicking the Shanahan.

Everyone around here uses Modanos. People think I'm crazy for using Drury curves. Literally 2/3rds of my team uses Modanos. I'm pretty bummed, my Norton X1 which is like a flatter, more open Drury started chipping last night.

Yeah, I'm going regionally and I see nothing as "small" as the Iggy or Modano. It's banana city down here, but then again I live in Cletusville.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, I see a lot of Modanos. I'm one of the few that uses a Drury.

Frequently it has a lot to do with what the local shops order. Most of the shops here only buy two curves, so people don't have much to choose from.

Your not kidding Chadd, at my rink all they stock in Easton is the Yzerman (banana curve)....It makes me soo mad thats all they ever order!!!!

Theyre coming everywhere in september, but these guys are the first ive seen to advertise it

It was advertised in the peranis catalogue that I got last week.

Yeah it is in the Peranis mag. Not sure if I will get one though ;)

Most pros have a bit more strength than the average retail customer. You can't take one of those big windup wristers with a Drury.

lol chadd thanks for boosting my confidence. :D I seriously considered dropping 200+ on that YP stealth that was on ebay the other week. Im banking on easton bringing out some new patterns, either a hejduk or gaborik. Maybe they will seriously wise up and bring back the good ol' thornton curve under a new name. Does Ryan have any info he can spill about new patterns?

I'm up in the SF Bay Area too, and I mostly see Modano and its clones and sakic's, with the occassional Yzerman-esque hooks of various manufacturers popping upo as well. I see very few heel curves other than the Modano, except my Afinogenov pro Z-Carbon, which is like a cross of the woody Lindros and the Modano, which are already pretty alike...

That's the same pic in all of the catalogs, the catalog pics are just cut out of the background.