Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whaler5

Stealth at Great Skate

Theyre coming everywhere in september, but these guys are the first ive seen to advertise it

It was advertised in the peranis catalogue that I got last week.

Theyre coming everywhere in september, but these guys are the first ive seen to advertise it

I thought September was only for the shops whop ordered early and bought the skates as well. The rest were going to get them in October. At least that was the early discussion and the word at the expo.

easyb, do you want to start a petition with me? Clearly easton has a thing with discontinuing curves that dont suck.

Count me in. Drury is the only Easton curve I'll use. It sucks not being able to try a L-2 and now a Stealth due to a lack of decent curves.

I also like the Drury, it just wasn't as popular. O well, I'm not using Easton sticks anymore anyways.

What I don't get is how Easton's most popular pro pattern is its least popular retail pattern. Assholes need to learn how to play and not use curves for crutches.

To me there is. The Lidstrom has more of a gradual curve that seems deeper than the Drury. Plus the Lidstrom has its square toe and that can throw people off.

I think one reason why they didnt use drury is because most people think have a giant hook is the cool thing to do, or at leased around here it is. They called my Drury ugly and flat.

What I don't get is how Easton's most popular pro pattern is its least popular retail pattern. Assholes need to learn how to play and not use curves for crutches.

Settle down, Francis. Some of us just happen to like a nice moderate mid curve, ie. Iginla.

I think one reason why they didnt use drury is because most people think have a giant hook is the cool thing to do, or at leased around here it is. They called my Drury ugly and flat.

Most pros have a bit more strength than the average retail customer. You can't take one of those big windup wristers with a Drury.

True, but they dont care about how good theyre wrist shot is, my team was based on the slapper. They think that a large hook is better for a slap shot, and they dont understand that different curves mean different shots are more powerful. Sure, I can get off a fairly decent wrister with my drury, but not as good as I would with a big hook. They only thing even close to my drury clone M-1 on my team was the garbage wood blade I had in my Synergy shaft.

That's the reason i could never get used to my T-flex. Only Drury curves. I tried using Drury for a year, couldn't accomplish anything. I think it's a great curve though jsut to wild for me.

Isn't Modano arguably the most popular retail curve? If so, that would seem to kill the crutch-curve argument.

Not around here. It's mostly Sakic and Shanny on the Easton sticks, with some Lidstroms and Iggys. Very few Modanos among the kiddies around here. It's a bit more popular with the higher skill adults but the shanny is still the king with them.

Really chadd?The modano is by far the most popular curve here...pain in the butt trying to find some here sometimes because they're that popular....

Yup, around here the Modano is about as popular as the Union, the theory of evolution and literacy. It's mainly Bananahans and Sakics here, with the Yzerman somewhere in the mix.

What I don't get is how Easton's most popular pro pattern is its least popular retail pattern.  Assholes need to learn how to play and not use curves for crutches.

Settle down, Francis. Some of us just happen to like a nice moderate mid curve, ie. Iginla.

Yeah but that pattern's theoretically too new to get discarded anytime soon, plus it has followers of the P71 pattern already. Decent heel curves go out like dinosaurs while the Lidstrom somehow still thrives.

I just ordered another Lidstrom Si-Core--love it. It must sell decent if Easton keeps it on.