Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

Sergei Kostitsyn on the first line tonight!!!

I was out tonight and didn't see the game...I saw the score ('bout freakin' time they win a game).

How did Sergei look? Nice to see Streit have a big game.

I definatly thought sergei has a great first game, its just ridiculous to see game in game out how kovalev a.kostitsyn (its nice to be able to add that "a" in there) and plekanec just seem to be carrying the team, it seems like koivu and higgins may have had a little bit of an offensive spark with sergei, just a first impression though.

Sergei Kostitsyn on the first line tonight!!!

I was out tonight and didn't see the game...I saw the score ('bout freakin' time they win a game).

How did Sergei look? Nice to see Streit have a big game.

He seemed nervous at first and missed a few good chances and fumbled the puck a few times, but then he settled down and you cant deney his offensive insticts and creativity looked well above average

Grinder Gm and grinder coach who is proud to say I play 4 lines.

Shorten that bench already!

I'd definitely play Kovalev 25 minutes a night.

If it wasn't for him I probably would not watch a game.

Kovy this morning I was watching Wade at Bonaventure. At times it looked like he was nonchalant but he was always in the right position if the play came is way. Because of the lack of talent it rarely did but it was nice to watch.

That was a solid game tonight...they played 60 solid minutes. Koivu ended his funk...the Kovalev line had lots of pressure...the checkers were good. Price was awesome...Sergei Kostitsyn looked like an NHLer tonight. The "D" was great.

No complaints tonight...why can't they do that EVERY night?

Apparently Saku's parents were at the Bell Center yesterday and everyone expected him to have a good game because of that. The K Brothers are doing pretty well and let's not forget that apparently Montreal's age average last game was like 26 years old (I personally didn't calculate it but that is very young).

How do you follow a game as good as Sat's (and the one against Philly last Thurs) with a stinker like that.

Cripes! God Damn Florida teams...Montreal just can't beat them.

How do you follow a game as good as Sat's (and the one against Philly last Thurs) with a stinker like that.

Cripes! God Damn Florida teams...Montreal just can't beat them at home.

Corrected. They did a pretty good job on teh road though. Outscored Tampa & Florida 10-3 in 2 games.

I like the lines that Guy has put together the last couple nights. I didn't think moving Higgins off of Koivu's line was a good idea...but it appears it has Ryder & Lapierre both playing better, and Higgy hasn't struggled at all without Koivu.

A. Kostitsyn/Plekanec & Kovalev still run the show offensviely, but the scoring Friday was all without that line contributing...so that is a good sign of balancing the attack a little. Not to mention 4 of 5 goals were 5-5 (which has not been good to the Habs this year).

They have been playing well in the last 2 games, they are getting very important points at the moment, points that could mean a playoff sport in the long run. Let's hope they get a W against the Rangers tomorrow.

Habs are doing well. I was looking at the standings, they're 4th in the east after 40 games, that's a lot better than i thought. Let's see if they can keep it up for the second half of the season. Most experts placed them far in the east, like 11th and 12th.

I love how Andrei Kostityn has played since his brother is there.

Right now the team is awesome to watch and Kovalev is finally showing why I call him the most talented player in the world.

When Saku was sick last week in NY and Guy gave Kovalev the "C" for the night the media asked him what he thought on being Captain for the night...

He said (paraphasing):

"Guy just did that to give you guys something to talk about for a couple days" *L* He did go on to say it was an honor to wear the "C".

Ya, that night against the Rangers was probably the best I've ever seen him play - he played well over 20mins and was dominating on every shift.

It would be nice to see 3 Habs in the ASG (Kovalev, Markov, Huet)

IMO, Kovalev is the one that deserves the most to be there on the team.

I like that Markov is being recognized outside of Montresal for what he does though. Up to know...he's kinda been their little secret. People within the leagure knew he is a great D-Man...but you would never see fans actually voting for him.

I like that Markov is being recognized outside of Montresal for what he does though. Up to know...he's kinda been their little secret. People within the leagure knew he is a great D-Man...but you would never see fans actually voting for him.

another underated defencemen Montreal besides Markov is Mike Komisarek, he is very solid defensively.

another underated defencemen Montreal besides Markov is Mike Komisarek, he is very solid defensively.

I remember when Mike was in Hamilton...he was solid on "D" but would sometimes run aroudn looking for a hit and get caught WAY out of position. He has become incredibly steady...it's a shame the Norris is essentially the "Best Offensive Defenceman" Award now....because he'll never really be recoginzed for how good he is becoming.

I think think should give the Norris to a Defensive D-Man and create the Bobby Orr Award for the Best Offensive Defenceman...

I remember when Mike was in Hamilton...he was solid on "D" but would sometimes run aroudn looking for a hit and get caught WAY out of position. He has become incredibly steady...it's a shame the Norris is essentially the "Best Offensive Defenceman" Award now....because he'll never really be recoginzed for how good he is becoming.

I think think should give the Norris to a Defensive D-Man and create the Bobby Orr Award for the Best Offensive Defenceman...

I disagree about the Norris becoming the best "Offensive Defensemen" award. The last few defensemen to win were good offensively yes, but they were still the best defensively of any defensemen, hands down.

Mike Komisarek has a looong way to go before he could be considered a top defensemen.

Price & Chipchura down to Hamilton.

Halak and Corey Locke up to Montreal.

I think this is good for Price...not too sure about Chipper. Price needs to play. In Montreal, behind Huet he is playing once every 4-6 games...in Hamilton he will get 70-80% of the load.

Chipchura has been solid defensively all year, but I guess they want him to be in a situation where he is on the ice in all game situations 5-5/PP/PK etc...that just won't happen in Mtl right now.

Halak has been better in Hamilton since his brief call up about a month ago.

Not sure what to think about Corey. His game has become more fully developed in the last few years, but he is small, and could take a beating in the wrong situation. 3rd/4th line guy who can play both ways, but he will never live up to his OHL hype in the NHL. He's in his 4th year in the AHL, and is not under contract for next year.