Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

Good decision to send the kids in Hamilton. Price needs to get some confidence back, his last game was really bad (Washington). Chipper was doing ok but wasn't getting regular shifts and games. Hamilton also needs a boost, they aren't doing to good since the beginning of the season. Halak was named player of the week in the AHL so he needs to get a little recognition for his achievement.

I have a question to ask. Now i am not a Montreal Canadiens fan (Go Rangers) but can some one tell me their thoughts on why Carey Price and Kyle Chipchurra have been sent down to their minor league affiliate the Hamilton Bulldogs. From what I understood, both were excelling. Please respond with your thoughts

I have a question to ask. Now i am not a Montreal Canadiens fan (Go Rangers) but can some one tell me their thoughts on why Carey Price and Kyle Chipchurra have been sent down to their minor league affiliate the Hamilton Bulldogs. From what I understood, both were excelling. Please respond with your thoughts

I think it has a lot to do with getting Price more playing time (poor Danis cant' catch a break)to boost his confidence. He's slumped a bit after a great start. And Chipper...his faceoffs need to improve...and in Hamilton, he will be called on in many more situations than he was in Montreal. It's all about building confidence for them...not punishing them. That's why I don't like "demote" (as tsn called it) in this situation.

Re: Game v. Boston tonight.

That was a pretty hard hitting game...even Sergei Kostitsyn threw a monster open ice hit. Komisarek and Lucic were at each other all night. It's been a while since Montreal could play in that kinda of game and not get taken advantage of badly.

In the last 10 games, they've scored 5 goals 5 times...4 goals twice and have points in 7 straight. Everything is clicking pretty good right now.

I'm a happy Habs fan.

Re: Game v. Boston tonight.

That was a pretty hard hitting game...even Sergei Kostitsyn threw a monster open ice hit. Komisarek and Lucic were at each other all night. It's been a while since Montreal could play in that kinda of game and not get taken advantage of badly.

In the last 10 games, they've scored 5 goals 5 times...4 goals twice and have points in 7 straight. Everything is clicking pretty good right now.

I'm a happy Habs fan.

I second that motion. I'm definitely wearing my hat to work tomorrow!

for some reason i've been expecting good things from locke since he got drafted - not offensively but i always thought he could be a good 3rd centerman. we'll see if that pans out

for some reason i've been expecting good things from locke since he got drafted - not offensively but i always thought he could be a good 3rd centerman. we'll see if that pans out

4 years in the "A" with 1 NHL game under his belt...? I think his time in the oroganization is coming to an end. Sad....he came out of the OHL with HUGE numbers...and has turned into a heck of an AHL player...but I don't see him translating that success to an NHL career.

It's too bad Locke couldn't see more time, I am sure he would be a good NHL player eventually but i think it'd be a slow transition period and with their current roster and youth it's hard to fit him in right now.

on another note, does anyone think Gainey will do anything before the trade deadline? I believe they could use a big power forward, or maybe another bigger solid D if they do anything at all, the next month will be interestiing to see if they will make a push or not. I think they'll also have to deal with their face off woes somehow as well (as if Carb, Muller and Jarvis can't get it in their heads lol)

It's too bad Locke couldn't see more time, I am sure he would be a good NHL player eventually but i think it'd be a slow transition period and with their current roster and youth it's hard to fit him in right now.

on another note, does anyone think Gainey will do anything before the trade deadline? I believe they could use a big power forward, or maybe another bigger solid D if they do anything at all, the next month will be interestiing to see if they will make a push or not. I think they'll also have to deal with their face off woes somehow as well (as if Carb, Muller and Jarvis can't get it in their heads lol)

I could see Ryder traded...or one of Halak/Danis.

I was watching the Wild/Flames game last night and there was some montreal representation/scouts at the flames past 2 road games. Deal between Calgary and Montreal in the near future? Could it be Tanguay for Ryder? (Im just throwin it out there as dregs and mackenzie did)

More like Tanguay for Ryder and Halak and maybe a pick. There's no way they do it straight up Ryder for Tanguay. Calgary loses in that deal IMO.

More like Tanguay for Ryder and Halak and maybe a pick. There's no way they do it straight up Ryder for Tanguay. Calgary loses in that deal IMO.

Calgary just signed Cujo so probably not Halak but maybe someone else and Ryder?

Oh I definitely know it wouldn't be straight up but those were the key names mentioned, and malcb brings up a good point about the goaltending, but you never know cujos only signed for a year

I think Calgary is looking at alot of options, but I doubt they'd be looking to unload salary just yet. Maybe at the draft. They were in Toronto last night reportedly looking at Sundin, but some believe they may have interest in Tucker too. Neither are cheap options.

Wow...Habs are flying tonight.

4th line gets a goal 13 seconds in....and the 3rd line scored with 1 sec left. Ryder and A. Kostitsyn in between...4-1 Habs over Boston after 1.

Now, as long as they remember that a game is 60 minutes long, we'll be okay!

Yeah, not sure why we keep getting Habs games on Vs. but they're looking good tonight. I just hate all the weird-ass numbers they have to have.

This is definitely fun to watch!

Begin back after 19 games and has 2 hustle assists...Guess I'm wearing my #22 tomorrow...that's right, I've got a Steve Begin jersey!

Wow, even Smolinski scored tonight. Everyone is amazing, the shots are even but the Habs have capitalized on their opportunities. This is the perfect thing to watch just before the All Star break.