Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

G.I. Joe

So there's finally a live-action Joe movie coming out and I'd have to say I want to see this more than I did the Transformers movie. I mean at the very least it can't be any worse.

A hot Baroness

Darth Maul playing Snake Eyes

Some guy I don't know starring as Storm Shadow and a cutie as Scarlett, natch.

They also added Adebisi from "Oz" and a couple other guys, but the big crap move is Marlon friggin' Wayans is added to the cast.

Weird thing is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt (good in Brick and The Lookout) has been rumoured to be in it and is apparently starring as Cobra Commander? The guy actually has talent and doesn't seem to fit in at all with what this movie's about but at least he'll give it credibility.

I wanted to see the movie out of curiosity and nostalgia but now I have to see it for its sheer WTF factor.

You never know, Marlon Wayan's may not be horrible if the director is smart enough to get him to do what he wants. Look at Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah in The Color Purple. That director took two mediocre-at-best personalities and made them look like seasoned acting veterans.

I'll give him credit for Requiem For A Dream, but other than that we're looking at White Chicks, that freaky shitty movie about a baby and the show with his brother. The crappy DJ brother SW-1, not the "good" Wayans. I won't pin the movie on any singular role but it's just odd to think of him in any kind of action movie.

I remember from my geeky Episode I days that Ray Park has been a martial arts exprt for years and actually helped teach sword movements and technique to Liam and Ewan on set. Gotta say he's a great pick for probably the most bad ass non super hero character from a comic book. That comic was a serious favourite of mine when I bought my 1st issue in 1992.

Upon second thought, Marlon playing an action role could be like That 70's Show guy playing Venom in Spiderman III. Personally I thought the whole movie was a disaster though, so him playing an action role poorly really didn't end up mattering. That could very well end up being the case with G.I Joe. Guess we'll see next year.

I see your point, at first it was kind of shocking to hear the casting but it made sense because of the version of Venom he'd be playing. Hopefully it all pans out but I guess it'll be a while before we see that.

Weird thing is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt (good in Brick and The Lookout) has been rumoured to be in it and is apparently starring as Cobra Commander? The guy actually has talent and doesn't seem to fit in at all with what this movie's about but at least he'll give it credibility.

I wanted to see the movie out of curiosity and nostalgia but now I have to see it for its sheer WTF factor.

The 3rd Rock kid????

As long as French Stewart doesn't tag along I guess it's okay...

http://imdb.com/name/nm0330687/

Yeah, but he's become a pretty solid actor. This would be his first popcorn flick but I'm not sure about the script they'd talked about.

Have you guys heard any details from the script? I'm not looking forward to this movie at all.

I pretty much lost all hope after reading about the changes they were making.

Agreed.

"A European-based military unit known as Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.), a hi-tech, international force of special operatives, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer."

Oh hi gaytown! I always wondered where you were on a map!

Agreed.

"A European-based military unit known as Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.), a hi-tech, international force of special operatives, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer."

I'm wondering if that means Destro plays a greater role as the villian in this film. That character has the possibility of being way more sinsister than the comics/cartoons ever let him be.

Agreed.

I'm wondering if that means Destro plays a greater role as the villian in this film. That character has the possibility of being way more sinsister than the comics/cartoons ever let him be.

Yeah but what about Dr. Mindbender? :D

Are those twins gonna be in it as well?

I'll go see it for Lady J, Baroness and Scarlett... just like Megan Fox made me forget that the movie was about giant robots.

That's the rumour of who'd play Duke but they better act fast before Avatar comes out and people know who he is.

I really hope the Dreadnoks don't appear. I hope this goes towards the comics rather than the cartoon because if I see blue lasers going against red lasers and no one dying I'll be pissed.

That's the rumour of who'd play Duke but they better act fast before Avatar comes out and people know who he is.

I really hope the Dreadnoks don't appear. I hope this goes towards the comics rather than the cartoon because if I see blue lasers going against red lasers and no one dying I'll be pissed.

I'd like to see a combination of the 2. The red lasers v. blue laster is like the lightsabers in Star Wars. Good v. Evil. But yeah, there needs to be casualties and blood and stuff...which is hard to do in movies that you want kids to see. Too much makes them "R".

Keep an element of the cartoons (like the Dreadnoks for example) but re-invent them. I don't need to see shape shifters and all that weird stuff...but the sleazy, sneaky, thug for hire type characters could be interesting. Have the main, International arms race story with the glitzy Bond-esque villains (Baroness, Destro etc...). But have a side storyline ("Meanwhile...back at the base...") with some of the fringe secondary characters.

To be fair, Chadd hates everything.

Not everything, just most things. This is one of those staples of my childhood and I'd hate to see it mangled like most hollywood blockbusters.

Don't see it! I havn't seen Clerks 2 yet because basiclly there's no way the original could be improved upon and thats my stand until I die.

In a few ways, it did. I don't compare them to each other, oddly enough, but Clerks and Clerks II are both very good.