Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Forsberg on ice with MODO.

i love how you all ignore the fact that the dallas stars are easily in the top 3 to win the cup this year,

Dallas is having a good year, but until Turco can prove he can play when it counts, I certainly wouldn't put them "easily in the top 3."

Turco did play well last year in the playoffs against Luongo if I remember correctly. Sure, they did get beat first round, but you couldn't pin it on HIM that year.

That being said, I suppose you could argue that it was just one year... :blink:

Forsberg only has SOME groin problems? The health of forsberg's groin is matched only by the health of Gaborik's groin. Enough said.

Groin tweaks are a crapshoot but if it's bad it can linger for a helluva long time.

definitely, all you can do is hope that it's just a minor thing, he has had some groin issues during his career too.

I can empathize with the groin pull. The bad thing about it is that it can seem like you're right at 100% only to blow it again on your third stride in warmup. I actually had a tear and had to go to PT for 3 months with it, and ironically enough it was at the same facility as Forsberg was treated for his groin injury. Kind of odd talking with the nurse getting your groin "shock treated" and seeing a Forsberg autographed jersey that said "thanks for all the help!" or some such. I asked her what that was about and she said he was just in the month before getting the same thing I was...

what did they do with your groin specifically? just like certain stretches and massages? just curious

Most sessions started with aggressive stretching, then them 'working' the groin with tools for deep muscle work. Real pleasant stuff ;) the best tool was named "big Bertha" which was this giant abomination that would essentially just crush your muscles. Once they've worked you over for a good 45 minutes or so, you're rewarded with about an hour's worth of shock therapy. Where they ice up your groin and strap on these diodes that send electricity through the area forcing it to tense up for 20-30 seconds at a time off and on for the duration.

It was a joy!

Though I have to say I never had any trouble with it after the therapy period. I think basically it scares your brain into fearing the therapy so bad that your subconscious won't allow it to happen again.

haha that's very possible, but jesus, that must have sucked

forsberg is missing his third game tonight, queneville said he believes they didn't have him enough practice before playing him 20-22 minutes each game.

a couple of things:

1) i hope his last 3 games have showed all of you that he clearly isn't TOO far from the old forsberg, he doesn't dance around the ice like he used to, but hes still the same player, same skill, older legs, obviously the groin issue sucks, but its to be expected when your peter forsberg and havent played anywhere near to the nhl pace in almost a year

2) what ever happenned with the fury gloves and sticks?

So where's everyone who said forsberg was done now? I really would like to hear your opinions now. He missed 7 games with a tweeked groin, i expected that to happen considering he was not in GAME shape. in 9 games he had 14 points, 9 points in his last 4 games. I really hope this shut a few people up.

No shit, it's time to get a bridge. I didn't think he wouldn't perform well when he played, the problem was his durability. I like how it's made out that he "only" missed seven games. Out of sixteen.

im sorry, i must be on the wrong site, is this not a site to have conversation?

I really hope this shut a few people up.

That's not a conversation. Actually, it looks like you're trying to end a high school debate.

I only understand what people say when it's totally meaningless and stupid. Past that, such as the more important things in life, I've been rendered helpless in that area. It is my curse.