Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Forsberg on ice with MODO.

I think the Avs making the playoffs is a coin toss right now. The acquisition won't be a flucking flop, though. Here's what will happen, in a worst case scenario:

The Avs will sell out the Pepsi Center for the rest of the season, in a season where sell outs have been hard to come by for the Avs.

The Avs won't make the playoffs. But, Forberg will retire in an Avs jersey. The fans will be happy, Forsberg will be happy, and management will have redeemed themselves for ever letting Forsberg (and Foote, and Blake, and Drury) get away.

And they'll have done it all without losing a roster player or a prospect.

Seems like a heck of a business and management decision. We'll see how it pans out as a hockey decision. Whatever happens, it will be fun to watch.

well, now just blake and drury

Which is exactly what he's gonna do. Be a big Flucking Floppa this season and finally retire.

My prediction.

Avs miss the playoffs.

Forsberg gets around 10 points, mostly standing around on the PP.

Makes a million bucks, chuckles to himself, goes home and gets some cocoa.

yup, because forsberg has shown up until now that all he cares about is the money, your just a genious arent you

im just waiting for forsberg to do amazing and laugh in all of your faces, cant wait

The great players always find a way.... yzerman could hardly bend his knees during the playoffs due to pain/injury. Messier guaranteed victory and found a way to succeed against the devils. We'll see if Forsberg can still be considered clutch.

Ironically, his last clutch performance was keeping the Avs out of the playoffs by beating them in the last game of the regular season.

psh,

of course this is a terrific decision for Avs management. All of your points I consider to be correct and valid. They will sell more seats, he can retire an Avs player, and I guess you can say management has redeemed themselves slightly. I don't know how much they've been chastised for letting any of those players get away (also Selanne and Kariya can be added to that I suppose), but I also don't think picking up an aging, glass Forsberg will fully recover any lingering bad feelings fans may have about the situation.

bigdaddy time will tell, until then don't say anything to anyone about being smart until you stop saying and typing the word - ya'll, and start using correct punctuation and grammar. Are you waiting, or can't wait? Pick one man.

psh,

of course this is a terrific decision for Avs management. All of your points I consider to be correct and valid. They will sell more seats, he can retire an Avs player, and I guess you can say management has redeemed themselves slightly. I don't know how much they've been chastised for letting any of those players get away (also Selanne and Kariya can be added to that I suppose), but I also don't think picking up an aging, glass Forsberg will fully recover any lingering bad feelings fans may have about the situation.

bigdaddy time will tell, until then don't say anything to anyone about being smart until you stop saying and typing the word - ya'll, and start using correct punctuation and grammar. Are you waiting, or can't wait? Pick one man.

what? when did i say ya'll? and i really dont care about punctuating on a message board, i get my opinion out when i care for it to be, i dont care about anything else, this message board is no one near the largest part of my life, no one near, that being said, i love coming here, but i dont care at all enough to take the extra time to punctuate, this is probably the 5th time someone has tried using that as somewhat of an insult towards me (not saying you meant to insult me) and i just dont care to punctuate, so you can keep saying it, but i wont take time to make my posts nicely formatted

Floppa should be able to do better than that. Even though his career is about over he's still a decent looking dude with a ton of money.

Must have some better looking honeys on the side or something :)

How about keeping the "hot or not" crap in the ice girls topic? As for his wife, she looks like a more attractive than average 30 something year old woman. That's what a normal woman looks like without airbrushing or photoshop.

you mean they dont all look like they do in playboy? :o

At the game last night when buddy there won the million during the first intermission, Forsberg was all excited for him and went to congragulate him. the guy was like " uh I have to go " and left. was kinda funny

His old girlfriend in Denver was way hotter. I was at a party, playing ping pong in the garage, when this smokin' hot chick came in. She hung out and she kept looking at me. She left and I asked my buddy who she was.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I think she was giving me the eye."

He busted out laughing.

"Dude, what's so funny about that?"

"That was Forsberg's girlfriend"

"I guess she knows a badass hockey player when she sees one." :D

Then she cheated on him (not with me) and he dumped her.

Mrs Foppa is pretty decent looking ... hell Forsberg looks like a bulldog licking piss off a stinging nettle, so I think he's done pretty well for himself .... oh yeah and his big frigg off bank balance should help him with the ladeez.

Forsberg still not ready to play tonight vs Kings.

DENVER (AP)—Peter Forsberg skated off the ice Saturday, sweat dripping from the goatee on his chin.

The Colorado Avalanche forward quickly came to a realization—he wasn’t ready for an NHL game. Forsberg won’t play Saturday night against the Los Angeles Kings, saying he needs to practice more with his teammates—and get used to skating again at altitude—before taking the ice.

“It’s not the beer league,” said Forsberg, who signed a one-year prorated deal with Colorado last Monday. “It’s the toughest league you could play in.”

Forsberg is taking a cautious approach to his return. He’s not sure when he’ll be ready to skate for the Avalanche. He said he could make his Colorado debut Tuesday night against Vancouver. However, the team has only one practice scheduled before the Canucks game and Forsberg isn’t sure that gives him enough time.

“How long it’s going to take, we don’t know yet,” Forsberg said. “We don’t want to rush anything. I’ve had a few injuries before, we want to make sure I don’t come back and get one right away.”

His right foot, though, is feeling better. The foot has been bothering him for the past few seasons, but it’s finally at a point where it’s not causing him constant discomfort. That’s why he agreed to a return.

Colorado Avalanche center Pete…

AP - Mar 1, 1:34 pm EST

“I’ve been skating back home for a couple of weeks and it was feeling better and better,” said Forsberg, whose arrival in town was delayed until Friday night as he sorted out the paperwork for his visa. “It was always my goal to come back and play in the NHL. I think I have more to give.”

Forsberg isn’t sure how much longer he’ll play in the NHL. But how he performs with Colorado down the stretch will be a “little test” for him.

“I don’t see myself playing until I’m 45,” Forsberg said. “But I’d like to play as long as I could help the team in a good way when I’m on the ice, and play at the level I want to be playing at. I hope I have a couple more years left in me.”

Avalanche general manager Francois Giguere thinks he does. That’s why he enticed him back to Colorado.

“There were a lot of teams that would’ve liked to have Peter, and Peter chose to come back to us,” Giguere said.

Part of that is because Denver remains Forsberg’s home away from Sweden. He still owns a downtown condo—although he can’t use it right now since Nuggets forward Nene is renting it out.

Colorado Avalanche center Pete…

AP - Mar 1, 1:33 pm EST

“I’m not going to throw him out,” Forsberg said with a grin. “If he was 5-foot-6, I might. He’s a little bigger than that. I know the area, it won’t be hard to rent a place somewhere.”

Forsberg established quite a legacy during his first stint in Colorado. He helped the team win two Stanley Cup titles, won the Hart Trophy as the NHL MVP in 2003 and ranks fourth on the franchise’s all-time scoring list with 741 points.

“The fans know what Peter is,” Giguere said. “His legacy is assured.”

That’s why he’s not worried about tarnishing his image should he be only a fraction of his former self this time around.

“I think the people in Denver know I do everything I can to make the team win,” Forsberg said. “It’s going to be the same this time around. Maybe I’m not that good, I don’t know. We’ll see when I get on the ice.”

Forsberg practiced on a line with Sakic and Hejduk. He lined up at left wing. That would be a fun line to watch.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_8438685

This was his first practice with the team. I think he'll want one more full blown practice, but with Smyth and Svatos going down in the last game, it wouldn't surprise me if Forsberg plays on Tuesday, either.

Dollars to donuts that Forsberg doesn't last the month of March.

I think a lot better bet would be him not producing. He'll take all the necessary precautions to be healthy for the post season. Assuming Colorado makes it.

Dollars to donuts that Forsberg doesn't last the month of March.

You don't buy lottery tickets, do you? Ha ha.