Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

Forsberg on ice with MODO.

Anyone in this thread can mark my words. Peter will be in the Philadelphia Flyers line up by Valentines day. I also feel a move up from with one of the flyers younger guy to land a big name d man at the deadline. Possibly maybe I think you can see Upshall go or maybe another younger guy.

I agree, flyguy. If Foppa feels he is ready to play, he's signing with the Flyers. Gags-Foppa-Knubes again.

I guess the reports eklund put out about him close to retiring were false considering how everyone else is saying the opposite (and he also said the opposite that same day), i guess we just sit and wait for peter to make a final decision on his return

ya your right, but i mean at the same time he has done a few things that earned credibility, the first thing that comes to mind was he announced forsberg to nashville last year before anyone else did, hes done a few things here and there, but the guy on the site bill meltzer seems to be on the ball when it comes to forsberg, so im constantly looking at updates from that guy

I believe Forsberg will attempt an NHL return, but will it work out? I'm not picking him up in any of my fantasy leagues just yet. Maybe in another 7-10 days if he progresses ideally... But really, will he play 20-25 games? Only a serious contender will benefit from grabbing him

Fury is sending a pair of Foppa's Easton's to an OEM to have gloves made...just waiting for him to sign.

If this is true, I would be thrilled if they made a retail product of them. But I'm not sure how possible it would be, as it sounds like they're just reproducing the zero-shocks he has, which I would think would violate some kind of copyright. But maybe since easton doesn't make the gloves anymore they can get away with it?

I know I'd be first in line for a pair though.

I believe Forsberg will attempt an NHL return, but will it work out? I'm not picking him up in any of my fantasy leagues just yet. Maybe in another 7-10 days if he progresses ideally... But really, will he play 20-25 games? Only a serious contender will benefit from grabbing him

the whole point of this comeback is that hes only going to play if his ankle/foot is 100% better, he wont play unless thats the case, so if he returns and lets say plays for philly, put him back on a line with gagne and it would obviously work and he will be in much better shape then he has during his time with philly, anyone would benefit from grabbing forsberg, healthy or not, but when healthy hes one of the best in the league, but hes only going to go to a contender and hes signing through at least next season

from bill meltzer the only guy i actually trust with forsberg info:

Peter Forsberg has been cleared by his doctor, Bertil Romanus, to play in the LG Hockey Games in Stockholm if the player feels he's sufficiently game-ready, according to a report in Aftobladet today.

Forsberg's foot is no longer rolling in his skate, the doctor said.

Romanus added, "Peter's rehabilitation is on the right track. We've entered a new phase."

Forsberg will be doing a specially designed set of exercises designed to enable to have 100 percent use of his foot again, according to Romanus, who declined to explain the process because it's "too complicated."

Forsberg's foot is medically able to withstand competitive hockey again, but he may not be in good enough game shape to play in the LG Hockey Games.

I dont wanna sound like a pervert, but id really like to see his feet. I wonder how this surgery-marathon "changed" his foot/feet.

in short, his ligaments in his ankles are screwed up, and from what i gather not tight or strong enough to hold is foot in tact properly so his right foot rolls in his skate no matter how tight the skate is

He's going to Colorado....good friend of mine deals with several pro reps on a regular basis and I was in his office two days ago during a conversation with the Easton pro rep...he said Forsberg called him and asked for sticks made up in Colorado's colors and some other stuff to be shipped ASAP...

He's going to Colorado....good friend of mine deals with several pro reps on a regular basis and I was in his office two days ago during a conversation with the Easton pro rep...he said Forsberg called him and asked for sticks made up in Colorado's colors and some other stuff to be shipped ASAP...

It sure seems like he is going to the Flyers.....Flyers GM Holmgrem just met with Forsberg in Sweden.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs...392/1002/SPORTS

i thought he was supposed to be using Fury sticks if he returns to the NHL

i thought he was supposed to be using Fury sticks if he returns to the NHL

as amazing as it would be if he signed with the avs, if they make the playoffs, have sakic, stastny and smyth back, i just dont see it happening

using a brace and putting the skate after...

It can also be done buy taping ankle before putting it in the skate

something like this

http://www.orthoplex.com/ortho-catalog/ank...and_support.htm

Not to hijack the thread here but has anyone tried this type of brace, and how does it feel under a skate. I've had some problems with my ankle "rolling" and the few times I've taped it, it was better. Just looking for a faster, cheaper solution. Thanks.

using a brace and putting the skate after...

It can also be done buy taping ankle before putting it in the skate

something like this

http://www.orthoplex.com/ortho-catalog/ank...and_support.htm

Not to hijack the thread here but has anyone tried this type of brace, and how does it feel under a skate. I've had some problems with my ankle "rolling" and the few times I've taped it, it was better. Just looking for a faster, cheaper solution. Thanks.

i tape my ankle also before putting it in my skate, works wonders, if you don't have a custom made one, taping is the best...

The Dallas Stars are also out of the running. Co-general manager Les Jackson said Tuesday that he spoke with Forsberg's representatives Friday.

"They called back (on Saturday) and said he was going to pursue other options," Jackson told The Dallas Morning News. "I think we made a good effort, but now we move on."

Damnit.