Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milbs06

Chris Neil and Wade Redden fought in the morning skate.

I'm in no way shocked. (If that was directed at me Mack) I was just trying to help out the poster above me understand "snow" better and let him put 2 and 2 together.

I'm only 19 and have heard and read stories of the coke problems of the NHL.

It's rhetorical and not named at anyone except those actually shocked. It's just funny how hockey gets the "gee, gorsh" reaction if something remotely scandalous happens, plus the pretty high perch it sits on when people talk about the NBA, NHL, MLB or NFL athletes.

I know what he meant by snow, and its been known that Redden has had that problem for a while now...I just wasn't sure about the Fuhr comparison (bit beyond my times lol)

I've heard Redden's been into it since Juniors. It explains quite a bit when you gotta watch him play every game.

The sens are always fighting at practice, last year vermette and neil started to fight, emery also tried to fight spezza during last years playoff run. If gerber wasnt sucking emery would be in the minors right now.

Its crazy how many people are into coke these days. A buddy of mine said Spezza and all those guys are HUGE coke heads. I mean there are people I've known for years, that I've played against back in youth and maybe they play college or pro now and theyre like "yeah man, coke is all over." I remember back in high school if you did coke you were "a big druggie" now its like you hear 15 year olds talking about it like it nothing. NBA=gambling and sexual harrassment, NFL= Steroids and Dogfights, MLB=Steroids, NHL=Coke. Its wild.

'You can't just let guys stand there. If you are going to take a penalty, remove someone's helmet with a crosscheck. That's hockey.''

Classy group they got up in Ottawa. If we didn't know already..

For a team that fights that much in practice you would think they would be higher then 22nd in the league in fighting majors(22).

Its crazy how many people are into coke these days. A buddy of mine said Spezza and all those guys are HUGE coke heads. I mean there are people I've known for years, that I've played against back in youth and maybe they play college or pro now and theyre like "yeah man, coke is all over." I remember back in high school if you did coke you were "a big druggie" now its like you hear 15 year olds talking about it like it nothing. NBA=gambling and sexual harrassment, NFL= Steroids and Dogfights, MLB=Steroids, NHL=Coke. Its wild.

I know amphetamines have been commonly used in the NHL, but coke? And Spezza a HUGE coke head?! You have got to be kidding me. Spezza is one of the most down to earth professional athletes I've seen. If I had nothing more to go on that "a buddy of mine said," I wouldn't be flinging mud like that around.

I know amphetamines have been commonly used in the NHL, but coke? And Spezza a HUGE coke head?! You have got to be kidding me. Spezza is one of the most down to earth professional athletes I've seen. If I had nothing more to go on that "a buddy of mine said," I wouldn't be flinging mud like that around.

"...and all those guys..." is a little vague too? All who? the Sens...? guys who played in Brampton?

So because a guy is down to earth he cant do drugs? It wouldnt be the first time an NHL player had a problem with coke and it probably wont be the last. These guys are human just like everyone else on the planet is. First time Ive heard Spezzas named dropped but heard other names brought up.

Buddy of mine used to go to UofOttawa, played hockey there. I guess they partied with the sens quite a bit, and Redden had a party, huge bowl of coke right in the middle of it. This is what he told me...

Coke is the "social" drug of this era. It comes with the territory. Guys like that are always looking for an escape. And like I said before, with money comes coke. I used to be close buddies with Leclaire and he would tell me stories of when he broke into the league and some of the shit that went on during off season and days off. It's out there, you just don't hear of it. Because as stupid as they are for doing it, they're not as stupid about letting it get found out either. But it's like anything, it leads to a downhill slope...and quickly too. I don't think it's as widespread as everyone may think, but with that you get your little buddies along for the ride. Like Emery and Redden....trust me...I don't think the boys are all sitting around blowing lines like it's x-mas....Just a little group of them. Emery's carreer is on a downhill slide anyway, I don't feel bad for idiots like him..and I never will either.

FYI- Malik and Avery fought in practice today

Do you know how it started ?

Apparently Avery and Malik were arguing over a big bowl of coke that was left at center ice at the Ranger's practice facility. A buddy told me that Avery and Malik are at least socially into coke and both really wanted that bowl. The bowl, it turns out, was coach Renney's. He had already had his blow for the day and just forgot it there. Another buddy told me Renney is a HUGE coke head. It's apparently common knowledge, and the only reason he hasn't been suspended yet is that Bettman is his supplier.

For some reason TSN and ESPN haven't been reporting on this.

FYI- Malik and Avery fought in practice today

Do you know how it started ?

Apparently Avery and Malik were arguing over a big bowl of coke that was left at center ice at the Ranger's practice facility. A buddy told me that Avery and Malik are at least socially into coke and both really wanted that bowl. The bowl, it turns out, was coach Renney's. He had already had his blow for the day and just forgot it there. Another buddy told me Renney is a HUGE coke head. It's apparently common knowledge, and the only reason he hasn't been suspended yet is that Bettman is his supplier.

For some reason TSN and ESPN haven't been reporting on this.

:lol:

Nice little parody, psh. :)

Interesting that Murray went public with the fact that Redden wouldn't waive his no-trade. Could mean one of three things: he didn't like the team that expressed interest (since it was specific), he doesn't want to leave Ottawa at all (in which case he's setting himself up to take a HUGE hometown discount), or he wants to maximise his exposure to big UFA offers by going deep in the playoffs with the Sens.

Given what little I know of Redden (apart from his apparently legendary work as a snowblower), I would guess it's #1 or #2 rather than #3. He's never seemed that calculated.