Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PWBIII

Kynetyk Hockey?

Hey guys, I did some research and finally found that Kynetyk do a Zherdev clone pattern, but how do you get in touch with these guys to order one? I've tried sending them an email through their site, but havent go anything back, and I've sent them a message on their facebook page, again nothing back though. Anyone know how you go about ordering a blade from these guys?

LINK

thanks. I guess I didnt clarify, I was wanting just a blade. My conversation on facebook with Kynetyk hockey, said they sell just blades, but how the heck do you get ahold of them to order one?

thanks. I guess I didnt clarify, I was wanting just a blade. My conversation on facebook with Kynetyk hockey, said they sell just blades, but how the heck do you get ahold of them to order one?

They still haven't made them yet, they keep saying they will but i who knows. You can try and contact them but you will be hard pressed to get a reply most of the time. And if you do it will be a short one word answer.

They still haven't made them yet, they keep saying they will but i who knows. You can try and contact them but you will be hard pressed to get a reply most of the time. And if you do it will be a short one word answer.

I pre ordered a Zherdev back in june and was told i would have it "in a few weeks". about a month ago i tried to cancel my order and get a refund and it took multiple facebook messages a day and hounding him for a week and a half to get my money back.

Back when they were new I bought 3 sticks, one Reflex for me, one Reflex for my friend who JUST got into hockey at the time, and one Surge for my other buddy. My reflex lasted a while but really isnt anything to call home about, I hate the shaft feel and the stick just feels cheap as well, blade feel sucks. My other buddy with his reflex broke it on his second shift going into the corner to get a puck. The other buddy with the Surge used it for a while and now the Surge is in my possession as a backup backup stick. I cant stand it. Spend the extra 20 or 30 bucks and buy a Base Hockey stick.

It broke after about 2 months of beer league use (no contact, not many slapshots, not many hard slashes or blocked shots). Like my Surge, my Reflex broke on a faceoff.

In terms of performance, it's still my favorite stick of all time (although I generally buy squality tuff that's a year-plus old and on sale).

The durability is better than the CCM one pieces that I've used, and somewhat less than the others (I haven't used the g500 for long enough yet to really compare durability. The g500 feels more robust). If you're hard on sticks, this might not be a great choice. If you aren't, and are looking for something super-light with top-end feel, balance and kick, I'd recommend the Reflex. For perspective, I'm 6'1, 240 and break sticks very easily. Probably should be sticking with 2 pieces, but like the extra kick too much. This would be a good stick for a scoring/finesse winger or a center who doesn't mangle sticks on draws.

For me, I'd buy another at some point (as I'm only playing beer league now.) If I was playing in a rough league/full contact (and was paying for them myself) I'd have to go with something else.

If you're interested in a Kynetyk stick, for my 2 cents, the Reflex is worth the extra 20 bones over the Surge.

I spoke pretty highly of my Kynetyk Reflex when I used it before. Since that time, I have tried several sticks/2 piece setups that I like as well or better. I have not used the newest version of the Reflex, and don't know what improvements/changes have been made.. In hindsight, I think that part of why I liked it so much initially was because it got me into using the Sakic/clone pattern. This amped my shot up a bit. This isn't to knock the Reflex, I'd consider buying one again at the right price (IMO maybe 100 bucks) depending on what else is available. To be frank, I think that you can get a better stick/2 piece setup for the same or less money if you shop around and keep an eye on the sale forum here + ebay. I have gotten better durability out of just about everything that I've used recently, except for Montreal Nitro Lites, which I thought performed significantly better than the Reflex until the blades split.

I never had any issue with the feel, performance or durability of the blades. I'm less fussy about blades than shafts, though. The blade on my Reflex was still in great shape when the shaft broke after 2 months of beer league.

Edit - I wanted to add that my experience with their customer service was okay. It took some convincing to get them to replace the Surge that broke under warranty. Once they did, they actually upgraded me to a Reflex, free of charge, which I thought was cool. He suggested that I try that model instead, and suggested that I might like it better. I definitely did. When they sent the first replacement, they screwed up and sent me a righty instead of a lefty. Instead of making me send it back or hassling me about it, the owner let me give it to one of the local HS players to demo it/keep it. The correct replacement arrived shortly afterward. I thought that was a pretty cool way of taking care of the shipping problem.

I bought a couple of them and they snapped already after a dozen or so games each. The hosel is really long, so any little chips weakens it alot and thats where the breaks were.

I bought a couple of them and they snapped already after a dozen or so games each. The hosel is really long, so any little chips weakens it alot and thats where the breaks were.

I haven't yet used the one I have because the first thing I noticed on the Kynetyk clone was that the hosel is 1" longer than the pro stock Warrior blade and I didn't want to cut my shaft again to make up for the difference.

I haven't yet used the one I have because the first thing I noticed on the Kynetyk clone was that the hosel is 1" longer than the pro stock Warrior blade and I didn't want to cut my shaft again to make up for the difference.

Yeah i was going to mention this also, because if don't like the blade and want to go back to regular tapered blades you will have to plug your shaft.

That was an odd decision to make the hosel so long on a tapered blade ? That why I did'nt buy one from them.I've had their sticks before and for the price I found them to be excellent.

If you're in the market for an amazing twig from a smaller company, I'd steer clear of Kynetyk. I highly recommend the Miken Razor Z9.

To be fair, I haven't used an XST or any other Kynetyk stick since the first two Kynetyk sticks didn't hold up well. They also didn't match the performance of other sticks I tried afterward.

Maybe they've come up with something special with the XST, maybe they haven't. I'd be skeptical of any claim that their sticks are close to or better than top-end sticks from better-known brands. They have made similar claims in the past that (IMO) weren't accurate. At one point, they claimed that their mid-range stick, the Surge was comparable to the Dolo. It wasn't even close, other than that the Kynetyk sticks were very light. The Dolo performed a lot better than the one they compared it to, and their higher model (Reflex, which they boldly compared to the S17, I think). Most of the sticks I've used since then have performed better and have been more durable than Kynetyk offerings from the same time frame.

I'd love to try one.I might eventually if I see a reasonable price and have the time. My only concern is durability, because I've used several sticks from starter companies that were top level perf wise but were not so great in the durability department.

Just a heads up,

basically, DON'T ORDER FROM THEM,

I've ordered 3 blades from them back in January, haven't received the blades nor the money back ever since.

The guy just stopped answering my e-mail & phone calls