Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

MSH'ers in Southern California

The games will more than likely be on Friday or Saturday nights. We don't have a date as of yet for the first one - we're still calling rinks trying to talk to the right people to get the lowest prices.

Hey guys - I just sent an email to everyone who here who said they were interested. The email is from folkherohockey@yahoo.com for a game on Saturday, May 31st from 10:30pm - 12:30am. Please check your email and respond if you're interested!

Talk about bad timing! I am on the IR for a few more weeks with a grade 1 mcl strain!

Hopefully not too many people can make it, so we can push the date back a few weeks.

That sucks....

I'll just be spectating for the next 6 months or so.....I'm having shoulder surgery in August. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics though...I'll probably end up renting a sweet lens to do it, too provided it's not too pricey.

Talk about bad timing! I am on the IR for a few more weeks with a grade 1 mcl strain!

<winces>

How did you manage that? It sounds...uncomfortable.

<winces> How did you manage that? It sounds...uncomfortable.

Extreme Twister. ;)

I wish it was as cool as Extreme Twister, but it's not.

I was playing in a game on May 7, and made a bfly save through a bit of traffic. After the save, said traffic fell on top of me, pinning my left leg under me. A loud hard POP later, and I have a strained MCL. According to the Doc, I should be ready to go 3 - 4 weeks from the date of the original injury, but I'm playing it week to week. That's why I don't want to commit to the So. Cal. MSH skate just yet. I refuse to be that guy that signs up but doesn't show up.

I had 6 skaters and 2 goaltenders say they'd play, but it was well short of the 18 skaters needed to get something going. Not too bad though for only a few days notice. I'm going to try to get the ice for the weekend of June 21st. Hopefully a bit more notice will enable more people to show up.

As much as I hate to see your effort wasted, I am quite happy it didn't pan out. I should be more then ready to play by this time next month. I just hope that you get a quite a few more people ready to play next time around.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, especially since you won't even be playing.

:/

Sorry to hear it did not pan out. I was looking forward to it and am looking forward to it happening at a later date.

Yeah, I think that may be a problem with some of the people I sent to.....not much I can do about that though, which sucks.

Nah, but I got the email addys of everyone that plays there that I know of, which isn't many. Matt sold his ice gear apparently, so he's out.

I sent out another game invite - this time for June 21st at Lakewood from 10:30PM to 12:30AM. Please check your email, those who are interested and remember to unblock/unfilter folkherohockey@yahoo.com!

I'm in for sure. Well, not FOR SURE, since I can't predict the future, and my knee still isn't 100%, but you get the idea.

Is anyone else interested? Have we gotten a positive response?

I'm in for sure. Well, not FOR SURE, since I can't predict the future, and my knee still isn't 100%, but you get the idea.

Is anyone else interested? Have we gotten a positive response?

We have 14 skaters so far and 2 goaltenders. Lookin' good! :)

Hmm sounds instresting Im in as well (g) i can't believe i even remembered the password to my account :blink:

Great! PM me your email address please.