Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trudy14

2010 Olympics Team USA Picks

USA Hockey Magazine recently made their picks for Team USA for the upcoming 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. A lot of young players made the list. What do you guys think of the picks? What changes would you make?

Yeah Cheli should've hung them up sooner. This list will change in the next two years but as of right now it's a pretty solid team with good goaltending.

I agree about Niskannen. I'd also like to see Matt Greene added to the blueline (for size). I'm a little surprised that Blake (if he recovers) and alot surprised that Langenbrunner were left off the list. Also, if Stafford starts heating up in Buffalo I think he'll be added.

Sharks, you made me think of Carle, too. Although he hasn't progressed as much this season as expected, I definitely think he's ahead of where Jack Johnson is right now. I also fully expect Peter Mueller to be added eventually, too. It's actually kind of nice for a change to have enough good US players that some are being left off and we actually have choices.

I like that list a TON. So much good, young talent there. In another 2 years, some of them will be monsters. Sadly, the old American guard, Modano, Deadmarsh and the guys from the 96 world cup, are long since out to pasture. While I do like the team a lot, I'm not expecting us to bowl over the world or anything.

If you're gonna put Chelios on that roster, you should put Modano there as well. Chelios should age out by 2010. If he doesn't, then he's on the roster, haha. But I would like to see Niskanen replace him. Other than that, I also like the list a lot. Especially the goalie selections.

Does Stasny have dual citizenship?? It says he is from Quebec City.

Yes he does, he was born in Quebec but was mostly raised in New Jersey while is father was playing there.

If you're gonna put Chelios on that roster, you should put Modano there as well. Chelios should age out by 2010. If he doesn't, then he's on the roster, haha. But I would like to see Niskanen replace him. Other than that, I also like the list a lot. Especially the goalie selections.

The way Modano acted like a primadonna bitch in 2006, there is no way in hell he'd get selected again.

The way Modano acted like a primadonna bitch in 2006, there is no way in hell he'd get selected again.

I totally forgot about that. Touche, my good man.

I like that list a lot. I agree with Chelios being gone though. I think it's time for Drury to take the C of the US Olympic team.

I'd have to say in the next year vanRiemsdyk will make the jump to the NHL and possibly that team. I think he'll be just as good as Kane and there is no way chelios makes the team.

Deep in net. Good to see. The list leads me to believe that the US is going to be changing styles from the 'old guard'. The US used to be big and tough up front with the likes of Tkachuk, Guerin, LeClair. Plus solid D with the likes of a younger Chelios, Gary Suter, Hatcher bros., etc.

But the list in the mag has a lot of speed and skill instead of power up front. It'll be a good change and might be better suited to the international ice size.

Too bad Berard lost an eye because he was on track to be a bone fide stud.

What did Modano do? I don't even remember anything about him. I was too busy laughing at Roenick's lines about it being a "tragesty" if he didn't make the roster. That's really what he said, or it was an amazing typo. Either way, he's the guy I think of when it comes to American Olympic assholes in 2006.

"A lot of guys have been there for many years, and maybe we need some new blood in there to run things a little differently," Modano said. "It's probably time some things changed."

Asked to elaborate, Modano said: "Just how things are operated, how things are run behind the scenes. You would think USA Hockey would be more of a well-oiled operation. It's frustrating. We've put a lot into it. We've come a long way. And you want things to run smoothly behind the scenes."

But when Modano started getting specific, his concerns sounded superficial, the complaints of so many millionaire professional athletes. "Basically, we were on our own as far as arrangements, flights, hotels, tickets," Modano said. "Normally, that's something you don't have to think about. That's something that should be taken care of, so we don't have to worry about it."

Those are his thoughts about USA Hockey. He not bright.

He turned into a whiny bitch after the US hockey team lost in the 2006 Olympics.

In a matter-of-fact tone, went down with gums blazing, calling for changes at the top of USA Hockey. "Maybe they need some new blood in there to kinda run things a little differently," Modano said. "[it's] probably time some things change. How things are operated, how things are run behind the scene.

"USA Hockey, you think, would be more of a well-oiled operation," he added. "The way things are run are questionable. It's frustrating. [The players] put a lot into it. You want things to run smooth behind the scenes. Basically we were on our own for arrangements, flights, hotels, tickets. Normally that's something you don't have to think about. [We should just have to] get ourselves ready to play and not have to deal with it."

I'd have to say in the next year vanRiemsdyk will make the jump to the NHL and possibly that team. I think he'll be just as good as Kane and there is no way chelios makes the team.

I agree with you on this one. I've seen him play in a few games up at UNH and I think he's plenty ready for the show. 23 points in 19 games which is 3rd on the team and he's missed 5 games, I'm not sure why. As far as good old Mike Modano, he'll never put on a team USA jersey again unless he's running around his house in his underwear singing.

VanRiemsdyk missed some games playing for the National team right?

I think you're right about that. I think he missed their first 5 games of the season.

I think they could use another big, physical force at the forward spot. The only player I can really think of is Ryan Malone, but if he is a player that is making the US team, we're in trouble.

Are there any big, physical power forwards that would make sense instead of a guy like, maybe Rolston?