Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashtonhutch05

goal celebrations

oggy_3 Posted Today, 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Chadd @ Feb 5 2008, 01:29 PM)

If you get to act like an idiot when you score a goal, the goalie gets to do this if he stops you.

http://wickedwrister.com/?p=41

Hahaha that goalie is messed, I wonder why he tryed to act like a blind man when he covered his face and started slapping his stick on the ice...

I think he was making fun of the player for having his head down and not seeing the goalie come flying out like that. I thought that was hilarious, the goalie looked like a douche but funny none the less.

I think that if you scored you totally have the right to throw your stick in the air then go dive on the ice and swim allover the place then stand up and moon walk back to your stick, pick it up using a backwards shoot the duck then ride the stick like a bull past the opponents bench for a line change. :P

Holy crap that made my day! Moon walk back to your stick, ride the bull past the opponents bench for a line change, :lol:

Mine is the fist pump, then ill point to who gave me the assist. I felt like being an asshole once at drop-in just to mess with the goalie in good faith. So I slid my bucket on the ice and two of my guys did the curling bit.

Ha I'll sometimes do a little celebration at the regular pickup game i go to. One leg pumping fists in the air or something. But only if i score on specific goalies... Some of the non regulars probably think I'm a dick, though it's just me messing with some friends.

next time you play this team try and score even more just to ram it down the other coaches throat...and then look at him and give him the finger......thats what i would do....lol......im just messing, i dont see anything wrong with what you did the coach should just suck it up and let it go

I don't score all that often, but I'll pop one in here and there. When it comes to celebrating goals it's all about the emotion. Sure, I play beer leagues, but that doesn't mean that the game doesn't mean anything to me (yes, I know I'm not making it to the show). Usually it's just raise the arms, fist bumps and back to the bench. If it's a big goal that can turn momentum, we'll gather in the high slot and celebrate together.

I still want to see someone pull an Avery and do some pushups on the ice. maybe I'll do it at drop in this week.

My old team used to take the numbers of guys show boating... and they had better keep their head on a swivel because it'd make us wanna hit them more.

It was a close game, going back and forth. We'd score, they'd tie. They'd score. We'd tie. Until it was 4-4.. and on their 4th goal they came right in front of our bench and started going crazy with the celebrations. So we shrugged it off and int he last 5 minutes we pumped in 4 quick goals (they had a short bench).. and you could bet your ass we celebrated as loud as we could in front of their bench.

So sometimes it just makes you look like a fool in the end.

I prefer to not celebrate, especially if it's after an awesome goal.

It just screams profesionalism ;)

(Unlike my spelling ^^ which I refuse to google on the principle that... Google IS the man.)

Thats one thing i like about my favorite player joe sakic i dont think he even has a celly. Personally i just put my hands up and do a little fist pump

I like to celebrate goals by spearing the player who scored on me.

:lol: You win the thread.

The biggest celebrations are best left to the end of the game when you actually win.

Worst I've seen is in beer league. Some guy scored a routine goal and then "rowed the kayak," i.e. slid on his butt across the ice while using his stick to "row" kayak style...unfortunately it was me who did this.

In my defense I knew everybody on both teams and everyone knows that I don't score too often so they knew I was just joking around.

Celebrate too much like Kovalchuk did and you'll eventually get whats coming to you just like Kovalchuk did.

Great hockey player, piss poor attitude. Someone that skilled, that has scored thousands of goals should have some class.

I don't think he has a bad attitude, he just seems to get really excited, but sometimes he does come off as an ass.

They're good for starting fights. Try this one next time. After you score, lean on the net and drink from the goalie's water bottle like it's champagne. (no, I haven't done it yet - probably why I've still got all my teeth)

Wow, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I'm doing this next time we play this team, and I'm going double digits in goals on them.

The house league this is in has maybe three guys that play upper level as well, and just play house for ice time/practice, me being one of these three, so it's really easy to score and everything. I usually don't try that much, so I don't come off as a complete dick being superior to most, and try not to score more than 4, just set people up. But when we play that team again I'm setting that rule aside.

While we're at it, what about trash talk on the ice? I really like doing this at all levels I play at, as it seems to get the other team rattled/ off their game, as their just gunning for me, which I don't mind because I can hold my own for the most part, and rarely take checks.

And you sound like quite an asshole from most of your responses. Like I said, it's low level house league, nothing hard about it if you have a fairly decent skill set.

lower house must be awful in tennesee.

Also a clutch one i did in drop in over christmas break was roofing it and catching the water bottle and drinking it.

While we're at it, what about trash talk on the ice? I really like doing this at all levels I play at, as it seems to get the other team rattled/ off their game, as their just gunning for me, which I don't mind because I can hold my own for the most part, and rarely take checks.

I do, and got a guy to take a penalty for it last week. One of my guys got blindsided in a no-check league, I gave him a shove and told him to watch it. He ends up getting so rattled that he lays out another one of my guys who's driving to the net, takes a penalty. After the game he apologized, was actually pretty nice.

I figure just because I'm playing rec league doesn't mean I've got to go out there and play with the emotion of a dead raccoon. I'm never going to be pro, but I can still have fun. But being 5'8" and 165, I can get away with damn near anything out there.

Worst I've seen is in beer league. Some guy scored a routine goal and then "rowed the kayak," i.e. slid on his butt across the ice while using his stick to "row" kayak style...unfortunately it was me who did this.

In my defense I knew everybody on both teams and everyone knows that I don't score too often so they knew I was just joking around.

haha. thats funny. If im playing with guys I know, I'll mess around and do some stupid celebration for jokes but for the most part it's a glove tap with the team and back to the faceoff or bench.

eh... once again for me, if I'm playing with a bunch of guys I know, I'll taunt them playingly and stuff. But if not, I may make a few remarks here and there but not so much

i barely acknowledge most of my goals. i said "yes" and did after one, more or less to let the ref know it went it because it was a bank shot off the goalies legs.

other than tht, i skate to my teammates touch gloves and thats all.

personally, i like it when NHLers celebrate big. Nothing premeditated obviously, but Kovy getting all excited shows he cares about what hes doing and hes not just another pro athlete consumed by money. i mean after all, its a game. people should be having fun.

I find it so ironic how hockey press types are always saying hockey needs more emotion, passion, and good for tv kinda stuff and what not. Yet in the trenches of the every day player, it's frowned upon. Maybe tv needs to just get a clue that hockey in general will never be and should never be the NBA or bs TD dances in the NFL.