Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DBLMINR

Stinky Gear

Ive started to unlace my skates,pull my tongues forward and leave them out in the sun for a few hours, seems to work somewhat

my bag smells so bad people just can't sit next to me, I love it

as long as I air my gear out in a fairly warm/dry/well ventilated place, its fine... finding that in the middle of winter can be hard though

I always dry my skates with the insoles pulled out, the tounges forward, and upside-down to reduce rusting the blades/rivets

Hey guys, quick question...

Ive read on here people saying they put there shouldies and brezzers in the washing mashine. Is this a good idea? Any negative effects on the equipment?

AND

Shinnies in the dish washer?

Thanks,

Mike

Dish washer is ok...just be sure to not have the heated drying or it'll melt it. And most other stuff is ok in a washing machine as long as it's not a top loading one with an agitator cause that'll either jam it all up or tear your pads up. Even without one like that, your pads might get dinged a bit.

ahh how i love having a lockeroom to keep it in but we have a big fan in it that gets turned on when we leave and our equipment gets sprayed down but im not sure what they use

Remember guys/gals when gears starts to smell, that means bactieria is growing - and not a good thing. Since the skin disease MRSA is on the rise in locker rooms across the country - you should be careful about gear and leaving it on the ground and stuff - just place it in your bag.

I air my gear out in the garage, then at least twice a year usually after my various leagues end - I wash all my gear in a 3% percent Bleach/Water solution, because this is known to kill harmfull bactieria deep within your pads, that can harbor there and grow - something that sprays and detergent maybe will not get to ( they just treat surface )

Best thing buy yourself a big 20 gallon tub at WalMart or Sams, then fill with 3% bleach solution and dunk equipment for at leat 5 minutes. Because that is known to kill bacteria. Then fill again with just water and rinse.

I would not wash any gear or helments or gloves in your dishwasher - yuck, then your eating food off those very same plates the next day...Mr. Yuck.

-YouYuuk

I soaked mine in the bathtub with a some concentrated Lysol(the kind in the little brown bottle thats a hospital strength disenfectant) drained it ad rinsed it good. Got rid of the stink. Smelled a little bit like medicine for a couple of weeks but that has worn off and the stink has not come back.

I also bought a shock doctor bag and blower put my skates on a boot dryer as soon as I get home every day.

A friend of mine soaked his in some orange pine-sol solution and that worked fairly well too.

I just hand washed my gloves and elbows. I've washed the gloves a few times before, but they're about 6 year old gloves. Probably haven't been washed in 3 or 4 years. Elbows are probably 3 years old never been washed. My tub is nasty now. After handwashing them in the tub i just put them in the front loading washer on hand wash. I'm starting to realize doing them today was a bad idea as its overcast and rainy... so no sun. How would you guys recommend drying these. The gloves are now my backup gloves, but the elbows need to be dry by thursday night. I'm guessing the dryer would be bad. I have no big fans. Any other suggestions?

put them near a heater/vent/wood stove... whatever you use to heat your house

Hot water heater maybe? May be hard for some of you to believe, but lately down here (ga) we've needed the a/c.

put them near a heater/vent/wood stove... whatever you use to heat your house

Hot water heater maybe? May be hard for some of you to believe, but lately down here (ga) we've needed the a/c.

I wish I could say the same... calling for an inch of ice tonight... Back on topic, a blow drier would work. I used to carry one in my bag to tourneys for that very reason.