Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahearn10

Custom skates

Question - how does one "know" they need to go custom in a skate?

When nothing seems to fit properly at retail.

I'm between sizes in a lot of brands and have a hard time getting a proer fit. The ability to go in 1/4 sizes is a huge benefit when looking to get the fit just right. Mixing an E or EE forefoot with an A or AA heel is also a big benefit when going custom.

I'm between sizes in a lot of brands and have a hard time getting a proer fit. The ability to go in 1/4 sizes is a huge benefit when looking to get the fit just right. Mixing an E or EE forefoot with an A or AA heel is also a big benefit when going custom.

I see. But how do you know it's something that can't be corrected with baking or punching instead of having to go custom?

For example -

*heel doesn't lock in place (custom)

*slight rubbing/irritation on the inside arch area (punching)

Right?

I see. But how do you know it's something that can't be corrected with baking or punching instead of having to go custom?

For example -

*heel doesn't lock in place (custom)

*slight rubbing/irritation on the inside arch area (punching)

Right?

If you can't modify the skate easily to fit your foot, you should see someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunately with all of the people buying online, it's getting hard to find professionals in the business. Short of having an experienced professional fit you, it's going to depend on your knowledge.

If you can't modify the skate easily to fit your foot, you should see someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunately with all of the people buying online, it's getting hard to find professionals in the business. Short of having an experienced professional fit you, it's going to depend on your knowledge.

I totally agree. When I get my new skates, I'm definitely getting them locally. I know what feels good on my feet but I haven't skate shopped in so long that I'm kinda nervous about getting the right fit.

Another custom skate question...

I met my local Bauer rep yesterday at the MPLS/ST PAUL Hockey Expo. I am interested in getting a custom pro level skate, either Vapor XXXX or One95 (Depending on which is better for my foot) Anyways, I was talking to him a little yesterday and talking to him about setting up an appointment for fitting, he said anytime, I was a little concerned with that because the One95's are not out in retail versions yet so I did not think I would be able to try a retail version first, but then the rep said that he always has "fit stock"

Can someone please tell me what "fit stock" is?

Thanks

Steve

Another custom skate question...

I met my local Bauer rep yesterday at the MPLS/ST PAUL Hockey Expo. I am interested in getting a custom pro level skate, either Vapor XXXX or One95 (Depending on which is better for my foot) Anyways, I was talking to him a little yesterday and talking to him about setting up an appointment for fitting, he said anytime, I was a little concerned with that because the One95's are not out in retail versions yet so I did not think I would be able to try a retail version first, but then the rep said that he always has "fit stock"

Can someone please tell me what "fit stock" is?

Thanks

Steve

Fit stock is a size run of skates that reps have to determine fit. Which rep was it? If it is who I am thinking about, Brett does NCAA so he definitely has fit stock.

Not Brett, was the mpls/st paul area rep. First name Ryan, goes by "puck" Think his name is Ryan Puchrynder or something like that, it was too loud in the Bauer booth to fully understand his last name so I just saved his number in my phone as "Ryan-Bauer Rep"

Also, it was just way too busy in the booth to sit there and try on One95's and actually sit there and walk around and all that kind of stuff. But I did slip on 1 skate and it felt pretty good. But I am definetly going to do custom, definetly seems like its worth the extra cash to me.

Thanks JR!

Steve

I got a generic e-mail today from EastWestHockey saying they are travelling to different markets to perform orders and fittings. They said they will also custom order the S9 model as well. Thought I would pass that along if anyone cares.

I got a generic e-mail today from EastWestHockey saying they are travelling to different markets to perform orders and fittings. They said they will also custom order the S9 model as well. Thought I would pass that along if anyone cares.

How nice of them to screw with other dealers by coming into their territory and trying to take customers. Can you say unethical sack of....?

I thought the same thing exactly. But I thought other guys around here might care more than me. question is, where would he do it? on a cardboard box in an alley?

I thought the same thing exactly. But I thought other guys around here might care more than me. question is, where would he do it? on a cardboard box in an alley?

1. Shoe shine stand

2. Van down by the river

3. In front of other shops/rinks

All Graf custom skates are made in Canada.

Not trying to throw you under the bus, but I was considering custom Graf's 2 years ago, but there were several customer service nightmare scenarios posted on here which scared me away from Graf.

Hopefully, things have gotten better.

Great Thread! Very informative.

I am seriously considering getting custom skates.

I am in S15's as they seemed the only skate that really fit off the rack, but I can see they wont holding up for the long haul.

I want a skat that is more durable and that will last 2 yrs. I have read all about the one95 and supreme line, and it seems to offer the right balance of performance and durability.

I can go to my LHS (IncredibleIce in Coral Springs FL, where the Panthers practice), and I am sure I can get a custom fit.

Does anyone know the Bauer rep in this area? Also, are only the current retail models available for custom, or can someone do a one90 if they want?

And I still didnt see what the ballpark fee for customs is?

Spoke with my LHS by phone, and he said that I should try the heated U+, and the RBK's, before custom ordering as he said they will run wide like the Eastons, but will be more durable. Is this correct?

Great Thread! Very informative.

I am seriously considering getting custom skates.

I am in S15's as they seemed the only skate that really fit off the rack, but I can see they wont holding up for the long haul.

I want a skat that is more durable and that will last 2 yrs. I have read all about the one95 and supreme line, and it seems to offer the right balance of performance and durability.

I can go to my LHS (IncredibleIce in Coral Springs FL, where the Panthers practice), and I am sure I can get a custom fit.

Does anyone know the Bauer rep in this area? Also, are only the current retail models available for custom, or can someone do a one90 if they want?

And I still didnt see what the ballpark fee for customs is?

Pretty sure they won't know what to do.

If you want to be fitted you could see me in Orlando and we can run the skates through a store.

For some reason I thought Nike bauer was located in New Hampshire. When I was like 10 years old I was driving home and saw a building that said Bauer hockey. Maybe it was just a dream?

US headquarters is in New Hampshire. World HQ is in St. Jerome.

US HQ is in NH

Canada HQ is in ON

Research and Development is in St-J

Mxi - no you can't get skates there. It's an office building.