Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguinsfanatic

Ovechkin hitting 60?

Like they would know anything about hockey, all they care about is football, basketball and baseball. Even though hockey put ESPN2 on the map

The only time ESPN cares about anything that's not the NFL is when the NCAA basketball tournament is on. Do they keep Dick Vitale in cryogenic stasis for 10 months out of the year so they can trot him out every March and April to annoy the living hell out of anybody that's not stone-deaf?

For real, though. Between the pre-game talk, the post-game talk, the next-day analysis, the combine coverage, the draft talk, the minicamp coverage, the training camp coverage and the trade deadline coverage, I'm surprised they have time to talk about anything else. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the arrest and trial coverage...

I can't wait for the National Felon League to experience its inevitable drop in popularity.

What pisses me off the most is that they will talk about the matchups on tuesday all while they are disecting the last game they played til thursday and then it just repeats over and over and over and over. Seriously how much can they talk about football, the season isn't until another 6 months give it a rest. The only time they should cover football in the offseason is when something big happens otherwise give it a rest and Im pretty sure others feel the same way

As I type this, ESPNU is covering Texas's SPRING PRACTICE GAME during the intermission of the Air Force v. Miami tournament game.

I like college football better than the No Fun League, but seriously.

As I type this, ESPNU is covering Texas's SPRING PRACTICE GAME during the intermission of the Air Force v. Miami tournament game.

I like college football better than the No Fun League, but seriously.

I'd hate all kinds of football if the only chance I got to see it was when the Cowboys or USC came to town for a game.

Finishes with 65 does anyone think he'll hit 65 or higher in years to come?

If he wants to ... Ovechkin's drive and passion helps him work past double teams and the like. If he still has the drive to keep reinventing his game as teams figure out how to shut him down then yes he will likely hit it again or surpass it.

But of course like any athlete he will probably have a down year one of these years.

People are giving the Calder to Kane, and saying Backstrom only put up the points because he was playing with Ovechkin.

If thats the case, why didn't Danius Zubrus, a 10 year vet put up as many points?

Ovechkins play really picked up, as did backstroms, when they took backstrom off the wing, and played him at center, his natural position.

He has great vision, and sees the ice well. He has great chemistry with Ovechkin.

I believe Ovechkin only had 14 goals when they fired Hanlon on Thanksgiving day. That was 20 games into the season. Then Boudreau put backstrom in as top line center, and he put away 51 more. His GPG went from 0.7 through 20 games without backstrom to 0.82 goals per game with backstrom as his center.

Give him the entire season with backstrom, and I think he can hit 70, even 75.

But of course like any athlete he will probably have a down year one of these years.

last year was his down year :)

People are giving the Calder to Kane, and saying Backstrom only put up the points because he was playing with Ovechkin.

If thats the case, why didn't Danius Zubrus, a 10 year vet put up as many points?

Ovechkins play really picked up, as did backstroms, when they took backstrom off the wing, and played him at center, his natural position.

He has great vision, and sees the ice well. He has great chemistry with Ovechkin.

I believe Ovechkin only had 14 goals when they fired Hanlon on Thanksgiving day. That was 20 games into the season. Then Boudreau put backstrom in as top line center, and he put away 51 more. His GPG went from 0.7 through 20 games without backstrom to 0.82 goals per game with backstrom as his center.

Give him the entire season with backstrom, and I think he can hit 70, even 75.

As much as I like Backstrom I think there is at least a little truth to that. Him and Ovy certainly had chemistry, but I think its hard to give the MVP to a goalscorer, and then give the Calder to his playmaking center. Kane also had more points and goals, which I think gives him the nod. Either would be a good pick though. And as good as Price was I really don't think he deserves the Calder. He was 33rd in games played, playing in only half his teams games. It would be like giving Hasek the Vezina.

I think Enstrom should be getting more consideration. He likely won't win but his season deserves to at least include him in the conversation.

I think Enstrom should be getting more consideration. He likely won't win but his season deserves to at least include him in the conversation.

I think he had a great season, but comparatively, they are going to probably name kane, backstrom and toews as the finalists, with lucic and price getting honorable mentions.

I think Toews is probably the best of the lot at this stage (my own caps bias aside), but kane, by virtue of numbers, and toews injury, coupled with the ovechkin factor for backstrom, will likely be the winner.

And deservingly so, there are a couple of players who could get it, that you would have a hard time arguing against.

I would just like it to be backstrom

Toews didn't play enought games for people to see how good he really is but I think it depends on who goes father, Price or Backstrom, if one of them gets to the finals then they'll win for sure

Price, Backstrom, Toews/Kane

Toews didn't play enought games for people to see how good he really is but I think it depends on who goes father, Price or Backstrom, if one of them gets to the finals then they'll win for sure

Price, Backstrom, Toews/Kane

Playoffs have no bearing on who wins. They vote before the playoffs start.