Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguinsfanatic

Ovechkin hitting 60?

Unless he can rack up a couple 2 or 3 goal games I doubt he'll get 70. I figure he will end the season with about 65 or 66 goals....glad to see him hit it though. To bad the Caps are looking like a long shot for that last spot, especially after the Flyers win tonight. I'd love to see Ovie perform in the post season....always next year!

The way I see it Caps with 82 are with in one after tonight with Flyers at 84 jumping over Boston is at 83 now with a game on Saturday to Habs that they lost on Thursday. That is if my math is correct.

watching ovey post game interview now. All about the team, 60 is 60, but need to win.

God damnit I love this kid, talking about how focus is on every game now, not goals, just win

I don't know how you couldn't love this dude. Plays with the enthusiasm like its his first game in the league night in and night out. Glad to see him get 60 first time in 12 years we saw that number, maybe we will be seeing 140+ point seasons next lol. I would love to see him play in the playoffs, thats when I think we would really get to see how great of a player he really is

If my predictions are right, by the end of the season the Flyers will be in seventh with the Caps in 8th. It's looking pretty good right now.

Great to see him hit 60. Think something could be on ESPN's front page, or even the side headlines, though? Nope.

I think 70 is feasable, if not this year do you see it in his future, no one has ever scored 70 right? and only 3 other 60 goal scorers

I think 70 is feasable, if not this year do you see it in his future, no one has ever scored 70 right? and only 3 other 60 goal scorers

Are you kidding me?

Gretz scored 92 in 81-82. Rookie record is Selanne with 76.

I see him hitting 60 again in his young career possibly even more. If he never hit that slump he would have hit 60 earlier then he did and might even be going for 70. I do see him hitting 60 again though which is nice to finally see, something that I will be able to remember cause the last time someone hit more than 60 I was 8 years old lol

I'm speechless.

Sad thing is, I don't really blame the poster (even though that's pretty damn shocking) as much as the NHL. It's been so long that someone's come up that close that kids now don't even know 70's possible.

Better than Ovy's 60th itself was him trying to chase down Backstrom during the celebration on the 4th goal. Watch the replay and you'll see exactly what im talking about :)

Sad thing is, I don't really blame the poster (even though that's pretty damn shocking) as much as the NHL. It's been so long that someone's come up that close that kids now don't even know 70's possible.

For a game with such amazing history, they really don't do much to promote it. What Gretz did to the record books was amazing and unheard of in any other sport in the modern era.

That's a good point and I think it's a move on the NHL (conspiracy theory!!!!111!) not to do that because it shows just how far its come since the heyday. It would be like dating Ma Fratelli and showing old clips of when you were married to Marissa Miller.

to be honest, I had no idea that anyone had scored 70 let alone over 80. I would of thought they would of at least mentioned it during the telecast. I know its rediculous but hey I did ask and now I know.

What did Selanne have in his rookie season, 73? 71? I can't remember. That would be the rookie record correct? /off-topic