Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Ryan Smyth just got rocked

Since watching him at the World Juniors, I can't stand J. Johnson. Serious lack of class. E. Johnson has the greater up side, it seems to me.

Even so, I have to take Jack's side here. Quenneville has said the hit was clean. Let's hope Smyth is back soon. The Avs have been looking good lately. An Avs/Wings (with Lidstrom back) first round match up would be great for the NHL.

This must be another Canadian still upset at Jack Johnson for the phantom elbow at the WJC.

I don't think he intended to ride him into the turnbuckle.....from watching the video it looks to me like Johnson was expecting to crunch him into the boards and glass at a point after the turnbuckle but it was just unfortunate timing. Smyth is just lucky that he was not injured any worse then he was, cause it could have been way worse.

I agree that it was a clean hit, he did nothing that was against any rule. All he did was make sure he rode Smyth into the end of the glass. That said, I think it was intentional.

thats exactly what I ment when I was saying it was a dirty hit....

So was Lappys hit on Frolov in the same spot a "dirty" hit as well even though Frolov didnt get hurt?

I agree that it was a clean hit, he did nothing that was against any rule. All he did was make sure he rode Smyth into the end of the glass. That said, I think it was intentional.

So was Lappys hit on Frolov in the same spot a "dirty" hit as well even though Frolov didnt get hurt?

Got a link? I missed the game. As I said earlier, this type of thing happens every game. This time, the end result was a lot worse than usual.

Got a link? I missed the game. As I said earlier, this type of thing happens every game. This time, the end result was a lot worse than usual.

Havent been able to find a clip of it but Lappys hit was in the same spot Frolov just didnt get injured. Lot of talk about it because of Lappys comments after the game about needing to fight Johnson.

To me it doesn't even look like Johnson even looks at Smyth or where they're at. It looks to me like he just goes in to rub Smyth out/check him into the boards/glass like he would no matter where they were at against the boards. It just seems like a lot of unfortunate timing. I just hope that wherever Smyth woke up, mullets were still cool.

:lol:

Since watching him at the World Juniors, I can't stand J. Johnson. Serious lack of class. E. Johnson has the greater up side, it seems to me.

Even so, I have to take Jack's side here. Quenneville has said the hit was clean. Let's hope Smyth is back soon. The Avs have been looking good lately. An Avs/Wings (with Lidstrom back) first round match up would be great for the NHL.

Are you saying that it was intentional by the fact that Johnson was going to drive Smyth into the boards regardless of where they were?

Are you saying that it was intentional by the fact that Johnson was going to drive Smyth into the boards regardless of where they were?

No, I think he gave him a little shove earlier than he otherwise might have in order to make sure Smyth made contact with the end of the glass. He gets under Smyth while angling him to the boards, that's not the way most guys finish checks when they're rubbing the guy out.