Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Ryan Smyth just got rocked

holy smokes, I just saw the replay. The opposition was going full force chasing him down. I would not want that to happen to any player skating down the wing.

Yep, extremely creepy to watch, hope he's okay.

Though that spot must be tainted, on the kings broadcast they showed a clip of Frolov getting checked into the SAME spot but his head did not make contact with the pillar like Smyth's.

Lappy with a pansy move. He lays the same hit on Frolov and then goes after rookie Jack Johnson for the same hit but with a more unfortunate outcome? Real classy.

I was walking back into the room from the bathroom (damn beer), I asked "Who were the 3 stars?" (of the early games).

My GF goes "I dunno...but Ryan Smith just got killed!"

Jack Johnson really is Captain America. Good goddamn, I can't wait to hear a story of him shitting on their flag.

The hit was clean and the outcome was bad luck. I did like the way Blake calm things down. Good news is Smyth was walking and talking in the locker room.

clean or not, I'm still glad it wasn't me

pretty sure I wouldn't be up so quick

or even tomorrow ;)

haha that is so true but you really have to feel for a player when something this scary happens, what a hit though it was just at the wrong place at the wrong time I'm glad to hear he is ok, that kinda reminds me of that one play when one guy is coming out of the penalty box and the other is flying up the wing and crashes into the boards where the door opens anyone remember that play? I can't remember all the details I just remember seeing it a whole bunch when it happened

Technically a clean hit but in my opinion it's a unspoken rule to not run someone into the end of the bench opening. Did he miss the rest of the game?

Can't really tell from that clip on Youtube, but from what I saw It didn't look like his head hit the padding. It looked like it was his shoulder square on, but if it was his shoulder I'm very surprised he didnt break something like a collar bone.

Bryan Marchment? I think that was in the playoffs against Dallas. Brutal.

I don't know if that is it, I was looking through youtube under his name and they didn't have any videos of it, which that doesn't really mean anything but I couldn't find anything anybody know where I could find that video?

happened to me once. Dazed me pretty good, but still managed to get back to the bench. I was back on the ice a few shifts later. Its not a fun feeling when it happens.

Technically a clean hit but in my opinion it's a unspoken rule to not run someone into the end of the bench opening. Did he miss the rest of the game?

He was out the rest of the game. The only thing I have a hard time telling from the video, is how hard he was actually hit. He took a spill like he was planted and the other guy had a full head-start, but it didn't look like much contact at all. He had to have been off-balance or something. It looks almost bizarre to me.

It was from 96-97 season, far as i know. Searched for a second and this is all I could really find.

Edmonton Oilers trainer Ken Lowe said the testing is vital and gives doctors another way to determine whether players who may appear to be ready can return to the ice.

Lowe treated the Oilers' Bryan Marchment when the defenseman suffered a concussion during the playoffs last season so severe that it left him convulsing on the ice.

He was out the rest of the game. The only thing I have a hard time telling from the video, is how hard he was actually hit. He took a spill like he was planted and the other guy had a full head-start, but it didn't look like much contact at all. He had to have been off-balance or something. It looks almost bizarre to me.

Well you can imagine being closelined by a wall of glass... That's going to hurt! Hope he's ok.

Well you can imagine being closelined by a wall of glass... That's going to hurt! Hope he's ok.

For sure, but it's just the awkwardness of the play that's still difficult for me to comprehend.

As a Kings fan watching the game live, I was excited as hell when it happened but once I saw Smyth on the ice motionless I was thinking "oh shit..." I hope he's going to be ok.

IMO that was a scummy hit. He tracked him through the neutral zone, and angled him off just right to make contact right before the end of the bench. He totally intended to run him into the glass like that......