Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

start_today

Repainted Sticks?

In defense of NASCAR, SRI, (not that I like NASCAR) they use the hood from the "stock" car, I believe there may be one other piece. The rest is dictated by premade patterns that NASCAR controls aero and other aspects through.

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure all of the NASCAR cars (be them chevy, dodge, ford, toyota) have the exact same outer shape. NASCAR uses one template for all the cars. The "model" of the car is all marketing, with decals for the grill, headlights to make them look like the stock version.

All of them have different front ends and grills. Why would the grills be a decal? Ever see them taping it up or removing tape? That's just common sense.

chevy

ford

dodge

toyota

they only tape over the actual grill, which is a rectangle below the car's model name on the front. There is a grill decal above that name that is purely aesthetic. sorry for digressing further.

First one's close but the second is a True1, but you get the idea. It's like the first one but "Easton" is completely painted over. Written over the black paint, in horrible gold handwriting, is "Mission." I wouldn't be surprised if he had one of his kids do it. Maybe even Avery, but I don't think he knew how to write back then.

In defense of NASCAR, SRI, (not that I like NASCAR) they use the hood from the "stock" car, I believe there may be one other piece. The rest is dictated by premade patterns that NASCAR controls aero and other aspects through.

I don't think that is true. I'm pretty sure all of the NASCAR cars (be them chevy, dodge, ford, toyota) have the exact same outer shape. NASCAR uses one template for all the cars. The "model" of the car is all marketing, with decals for the grill, headlights to make them look like the stock version.

NASCAR teams use the outer "skin " from the "engine hood" and a full, factory, reinforced deck lid (trunk).

Rustpot, you are referring to NASCAR's car of tommorrow. Common templates.

Nascar and hockey sticks are "apples and oranges"!

The whole point in getting equipment in the main show, is to market your product.

There is a thing called contractual obligation.

Furthermore, it is a major copywrite infringement to repaint a competetors stick and falsely present it as your own.

Not worth the risk (even if it did happen)!

BTW, I like motorsports, including NASCAR...

better than watching basketball LOL

Not sure if anyone cares or not , but there are players (or former players like Hull) who spray painted their old sticks after signing with a new company so that no-one knew what type of stick they were using, but they weren't painted to look like a stick by their endorser, just a self done black spray paint job. I can't list out names because the only one that I knew of was Hull (read it in a magazine). But I'm sure that people still do that.

St Louis did it at first with his synergys after he ditched the xxxlite. Then Easton sent him graphic-less sticks that were just yellow with his name on it(he used a SL in warmups). Obviously, now he's using the synergy, which has been said to be a ST but I'm not sure about that.

First one's close but the second is a True1, but you get the idea. It's like the first one but "Easton" is completely painted over. Written over the black paint, in horrible gold handwriting, is "Mission." I wouldn't be surprised if he had one of his kids do it. Maybe even Avery, but I don't think he knew how to write back then.

hey I have a true one of his and it looks just like that

Not sure if anyone cares or not , but there are players (or former players like Hull) who spray painted their old sticks after signing with a new company so that no-one knew what type of stick they were using, but they weren't painted to look like a stick by their endorser, just a self done black spray paint job. I can't list out names because the only one that I knew of was Hull (read it in a magazine). But I'm sure that people still do that.

Keith Primeau did that in 04. he was using somebody else's stick and he had to black it out

Keith Primeau owns part of a stick company that probably didn't have the license fee paid to the NHL.

Same with older Salming sticks used by Mikael Samuelsson, Busch Lightning sticks, etc.

I do remember seeing pictures that someone posted on here (or corebeam) that showed Hull with a Mission M-2 shaft that had the shape of an Easton Z-bubble, right down to the bubble. I'd imagine it was a Z-bubble that Mission painted like an M-2 in order to get Hull to stop using his homemade "mIsSIoN"

That'd be odd, his Z-Bubbles were just painted-up ULs. Or at the very least, they simply didn't have the focus flex.

I thought I found one of the pictures but upon closer inspection I think the placement of the white Mission logo near the tip was probably playing tricks on my eyes. Sorry for the confusion.

yea def. not sure how many pros actually do that but i know draper still uses the innos painted like the kronik ive got a couple of his sticks and they are exactly the same as the True1 and the inno 1100

since warrior owns inno, them painting over a true1 is essentially the same as them painting kronik graphics over a mac daddy, which is perfectly fine, a company trying to market its higher end model.

since warrior owns inno, them painting over a true1 is essentially the same as them painting kronik graphics over a mac daddy, which is perfectly fine, a company trying to market its higher end model.

yea which is why i don't think any players use other companies sticks and paint them anothers colors