Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeffcg

New Hockey Pants

The syNergy pant feels terrible. Its like there are two peices of plywood on the front of your body, where as a normal pant would go around your leg.

I didn't get that feeling when I tried them on. They are also very light, but I also tried on the Bauer 6000 and 8000 and thought them to offer greater mobility than the Easton's.

If you want a good pant for mobility,lightness and protection( im a dman) go with the quest. But my friend has the new 8000 and they are basically the same, so you could go with those too.

You mean Pro Tacks pants.  I sold them to ya.

Are these more of a traditional, loose fitting pant? I'm kind of stuck on what I should get. The Bauer 8000's are snug fitting and I'm not sure that I easily adapt to that type of fit, although the spandex inserts are very strechy. My thighs are pretty big from running and weight lifting so I guess I'm looking for something that has more leg room.

You mean Pro Tacks pants.  I sold them to ya.

Are these more of a traditional, loose fitting pant? I'm kind of stuck on what I should get. The Bauer 8000's are snug fitting and I'm not sure that I easily adapt to that type of fit, although the spandex inserts are very strechy. My thighs are pretty big from running and weight lifting so I guess I'm looking for something that has more leg room.

i think they fit nice and loose, even when zipped up. nice thing about them is that the zippers go up almost twice as high as traditional zippers. protection is unmatched as well. if you have the buck, I really recomend the ccm protack pants, or, just finding a pair of prostock pants on ebay.

My thighs are pretty big from running and weight lifting so I guess I'm looking for something that has more leg room.

I've had similar problems with fit and the M1s work pretty well for me. I've had no prpblems at all.

I've had similar problems with fit and the M1s work pretty well for me. I've had no prpblems at all.

Thanks, I'll go give them a try.

I'd recommend getting some Vapor 10s or 6s as they're on clearance at some stores.  The sports exchange here in Vancouver (www.the-sports-exchange.com) has the 10s for $96 USD and the 6s for $77 USD.  Both are awesome pants.  They're fit snug in the upper thigh but the legs are wide for good mobility.  The protection is really good as well. 

I had CCM 452 before since I didn't know better. Super light for sure but without much protection. I was going to buy the 10s but I can't believe they don't come with leg zippers! Finally bought last years Air but I find them too stiff for my liking. STill looking for a pair of good pants.

I picked up M1's (last year's) for $80cdn at the hockey shop source for sports, they're kinda heavy but are much better padded than other similarily priced pants.