Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Blackberry Curve

I'm posting from my new Curve. Too much phone for me for sure, but I got a really good deal on the phone and an unlimited data plan. Enjoying it so far, just trying to load it up with good apps. I just installed Google Maps on here - pretty cool. The Opera Mini browser is a MUST download. Any other apps you guys would recommend? Especially looking for a good stock ticker and a 411 app that works well in Canada.

What Canadian cell phone company offers an unlimited data plan?

Telus has a $30 unlimited data plan (I lucked out and got it for $15).

Where's the best place/site to go for memory cards? Ebay?

TigerDirect isn't bad either.

Honestly, memory is so cheap now you may as well just go into a wal-mart or something, I doubt anything online is going to beat them in a major way.

Fair enough, I'll probably just pick it up somewhere in town. I didn't realize SD cards were so cheap now.

I have weird problem with my Curve and was wondering if anyone could help...

My Curve is just (4 days) out of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee from AT&T and so to resolve the issue they said I have to go through their warranty department.

The issue is, when using the camera function, then zoom in/out no longer works. The trackball is fine because when I use it for other things there are no problems, yet when using the camera I can't zoom! Has anyone else had this problem, know or to fix it, or have any suggestions?

Use the "volume up/down" buttons on the side of the phone. Aside from that, I don't know what to tell you. It it's that big a deal, you can go the route that I went and have it replaced via mail...I called on a Friday and received my phone the following Monday.

^^^ I tried to use the volume buttons to zoom but those don't work for me either; not sure they ever did to be honest. I guess I'll just take it up with the people at AT&T.

LkptTiger - are you also on AT&T? If so, when you got your warranty replacement phone, was it a new phone or a refurb?

Ok, I fixed it. I just did a wipe and then it now works. I wonder if it stopped working because I loaded the software onto my lap top and transferred a photo from a file or something...

Hyprlte, I was told the earliest at the end of July. While the most reasonable timing would be early to mid August. But then of course at the end of the conversation the person was like "...well that's assuming, we're not really sure." So take it for what it's worth but considering its a Q3 phone, expect late july/early august.

I'm in a debacle on whether or not to switch to AT&T from Verizon. That's the only reason I asked about the Bold because that was one of the phones I would right now switch for. Debating whether or not to switch to the 3G iPhone. Decisions, decisions.

thanks d-man. Im in the same boat as you.. i have a blackberry curve now and am deciding whether to switch to an iphone or not. The only thing thats keeping me with blackberry to be honest is the blackberry messenger

Hyprlte, I was told the earliest at the end of July. While the most reasonable timing would be early to mid August. But then of course at the end of the conversation the person was like "...well that's assuming, we're not really sure." So take it for what it's worth but considering its a Q3 phone, expect late july/early august.

I'm in a debacle on whether or not to switch to AT&T from Verizon. That's the only reason I asked about the Bold because that was one of the phones I would right now switch for. Debating whether or not to switch to the 3G iPhone. Decisions, decisions.

Well if you plan on staying with Verizon, here

is the phone I would get. Supposed to be the "iPhone killer" but time will tell...

Budro, yeah the Thunder. I don't know what to think about it yet. I guess it'd make my decision easier if they had something out that was concrete and I could actually see it.

The only thing I hate about Verizon and why I know it won't be the "iPhone killer" is because Verizon cripples the features on all their phones. It has to be their UI or nothing at all and what they want or nothing at all. There is no versatility or wow factor with Verizon phones and it's a shame. Well that and how they nickel and dime you for every thing...I could do without that as well.

But like you said, time will tell...

Yea. I also have Verizon and I just can't figure out why they cripple the phone's operating system as much as they do. I just got the BB Curve and I love it, but most of the other phones cannot be used to their full potential because they are on Verizon. This

looks interesting considering VZW will have to change to GSM... but it won't be for a couple years it looks like. Well good luck on choosing anyways!

A guy I know does promotional work for AT&T, and said mid to late August on the Bold. Great looking phone... I'm considering switching back to a regular standard cell phone to save some $$ considering I just bought a new car... the other part of me is considering 3G iPhone. I'm currently in the 1st gen iPhone.

Hmm that's interesting, I didn't know LTE was of GSM. It just goes along with the fact that Apple doesn't want to convert their iPhone to CDMA so Verizon is going to have to change to start getting the new phones with GSM. I find it funny actually. All the CDMA companies are either being bought out by bigger companies like Verizon or just shutting down.

And one last comment on the UI crippling, I heard Verizon executives told Apple in order for them to carry the 1st gen iPhone, it would have to run on their choice of UI, not Apple's.

Okay I'm definitely not going to start a new thread for this I think it fits in this thread,

Just a question for all the blackberry users, I'm due for an upgrade tuesday and I'm having trouble deciding between the Blackberry Curve and the Samsung Blackjack 2 [ATT]. I know this is the blackberry thread and yes all your feedback has definitely made my decision easier but I'm just wondering if anyone can offer some feedback or know anyone who has one etc. Also I have read reviews online, I plan on asking the people on tuesday at the store but I have been in there before with my brother and they're favorite response seems to be... "oh that phone, yeah its good."

Thanks again for any help, it is much appreciated.

TNH, again it all comes back to what you need to use it for. If it's for business where you need multiple e-mail account access and better e-mail management, hands down go with the Curve and BB. I just feel hands down and I've said it before, Windows Mobile is very very painful to use where as the BB UI is very smooth. I would go with the Curve as the keyboard is also better IMO.

Just go in there and try out both, run them both through the mill and walk out with which one you think works and feels best to you.