Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Blackberry Curve

I don't have one, but I work for a cell phone company - dealing heavily with people's complaints about their lame cell phones - and I've not really heard anything bad. The only complaints I really hear are from people who got the Pearl and wished they got the Curve instead (because they just aren't the demographic for the pearl - 14 year old girls), and people who are just dumb and can't figure out how to use it (but that's not because it's hard to use, it's because they're stupid).

I looked at the pearl, but the curve has more of the blackberry feel to it (full qwerty keyboard,larger screen.). Plus it seems like everyone has the pearl nowadays, and I didn't want to fall into the same category as a pre-teen girl.

I don't even know why I mentioned the 'P' word. It's really only for people whose only reason for wanting a Blackberry is to show off to their friends that they have a Blackberry. People with legitimate business to conduct don't buy pink phones.

i just picked up the curve yesterday, so far so good. my only complaint is the trackball can be slow at times and the phone has to catch up with what you want to do, and the battery life seems to be awful.

I've got a Curve and love it. No real problems as of yet (since January) - but, then again, I was coming from a Moto SLVR, so just about anything would be great after that piece of shit. There was one morning when I woke-up and the phone was completely frozen and non-responsive; I was about to take the phone into AT&T, but the independent streak in me took over, so I did some digging online and found-out how to re-boot the phone myself. Hasn't happened since.

I went with a Nokia E-series when I was looking for a phone. That trackball just felt too cheap and non-responsive, scrolling with it was a pain for me.

My next phone is going to be a Wi-Fi enabled for sure. I don't miss the camera as much as I thought I would, and I'm definitely craving wifi (too cheap for a data plan, no thanks to getting raped in charges).

That trackball just felt too cheap and non-responsive, scrolling with it was a pain for me.

You can edit the sensitivity of the ball - independently (horizontal/vertical) if you want. I believe the phone leaves the factory at a 60/60 setting. I switched mine to 80/80. 100/100 makes it nearly impossible to even think about touching the ball without a response on the screen.

Computer mice moved away from physical rolling balls a while ago, and for good reason. It feels like taking a step backward, and the ball is also almost loose in there, just felt like a bad idea.

I really wanted a curve but for some reason that for the life of me I can't figure out, I got a gay Sidekick. Worst decision ever!! It is a complete piece of s@!t and keeps deleting all of my numbers for a day and then I get them back a day later.

i've had my curve since august and i love it. The trackball is ok for me, but the only thing i would recommend is getting a case for it

I was torn between the Pearl and the HTC touch for the longest time...but I ended up going with the Touch and am very happy with it. Small, slick device.

I'm posting from my new Curve. Too much phone for me for sure, but I got a really good deal on the phone and an unlimited data plan. Enjoying it so far, just trying to load it up with good apps. I just installed Google Maps on here - pretty cool. The Opera Mini browser is a MUST download. Any other apps you guys would recommend? Especially looking for a good stock ticker and a 411 app that works well in Canada.

Fuck me, I jinxed myself. Having a bit of a problem with the trackball - it's scrolling, but it won't register when I click it. I can still get all the functionality out of the phone, it's just really inconvenient to have to push 3-4 different keys when I could just click the ball once.

Took the phone into the AT&T where I bought it...they pretty much gave me the "nod and smile," handed me a card with a customer service number and pushed me back out the door. Called the number, talked to some broad for a few minutes, and now I've got to wait a few days before a new phone shows up at my doorstep.

I'm posting from my new Curve. Too much phone for me for sure, but I got a really good deal on the phone and an unlimited data plan. Enjoying it so far, just trying to load it up with good apps. I just installed Google Maps on here - pretty cool. The Opera Mini browser is a MUST download. Any other apps you guys would recommend? Especially looking for a good stock ticker and a 411 app that works well in Canada.

What Canadian cell phone company offers an unlimited data plan?

Fuck me, I jinxed myself. Having a bit of a problem with the trackball - it's scrolling, but it won't register when I click it. I can still get all the functionality out of the phone, it's just really inconvenient to have to push 3-4 different keys when I could just click the ball once.

Took the phone into the AT&T where I bought it...they pretty much gave me the "nod and smile," handed me a card with a customer service number and pushed me back out the door. Called the number, talked to some broad for a few minutes, and now I've got to wait a few days before a new phone shows up at my doorstep.

Consider yourself lucky. A few years ago had a Nokia something, it went tits up and was under warranty. Did I get a replacement? Of course not. AT&T's deal was they'd "repair it" with someone they subcontracted and he had some lame hours like 10-4 M-F. I just ended up buying a new one, completely caving to what they wanted because I wasn't going to drive out to Bumblefuck to get my phone fixed "in a few days."

^ You're both lucky you're not Canadian, then. For my employer (who I won't bother to name in this case, because all the companies in this country work the same way anyway - it's not that I don't want them to look bad, it's that I don't want anyone to think the other ones are any better), it's the nod and smile approach, but they just nod and smile while saying "Sorry sir, I'm afraid you're fucked. Would you like to buy a new one?" There isn't any new phone showing up at anyone's doorstep, and nothing's getting repaired unless you pay to have it repaired (which may cost you as much as buying a new phone anyway).

There's a Rogers dealer in town that's not a franchise store. I've busted up my Ericsson from being clumsy, and then brought it in fully expecting to get the "Well here are the phones we have..." speech. But they offered to swap it with a new one.

Full marks.