Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Blackberry Curve

D-mann and LI, thanks.

D-mann thats kind of what I had planned, they both will cost the same at the store before any rebates so that was thrown out, My job this summer has me doing some traveling as well as lots of little things i will probably not remember without a planner sort of thing. My friend also has Windows mobile, so i've got to play around on his phone before, it takes some getting used to. Thanks again for the feedback.

LI I assume your on the Roadrunners, major or minor team?

Okay I'm definitely not going to start a new thread for this I think it fits in this thread,

Just a question for all the blackberry users, I'm due for an upgrade tuesday and I'm having trouble deciding between the Blackberry Curve and the Samsung Blackjack 2 [ATT]. I know this is the blackberry thread and yes all your feedback has definitely made my decision easier but I'm just wondering if anyone can offer some feedback or know anyone who has one etc. Also I have read reviews online, I plan on asking the people on tuesday at the store but I have been in there before with my brother and they're favorite response seems to be... "oh that phone, yeah its good."

Thanks again for any help, it is much appreciated.

Hands down, the Curve has been the best phone I have ever owned. My girlfriend and I both have one. Don't buy into the BS that sales people will give you. I was virtually sold on a first gen iPhone, until i went and did the research on the curve. especially when the research got me the phone for free. If you want details let me know, but it was all on the legit, I just dont want to break any rules about spamming, even though it's not my intention.

I've got a curve as well..

My work got one for everyone....It'll do a lot....but I'm just not very fond of it.

If you can use all the features, go for it. If not don't waste your money.

ha yea. anyways is the curve much better than the blackjack II because im thinking about picking up one up. i dont do much on my phones just basically call text check emails and go on the internet to check game scores for hockey baseball or what ever.

ha yea. anyways is the curve much better than the blackjack II because im thinking about picking up one up. i dont do much on my phones just basically call text check emails and go on the internet to check game scores for hockey baseball or what ever.

yeah if you do, download opera mini for it. It's a damn good browser. I was in the hospital overnight last weekend, and didn't miss a beat on anything because of it.

Damn, I've really jinxed myself, here. Quite a few issues since my first post in which I blew my wad all over the Curve (so to speak).

I'm having some problems with my new one, now. Occasionally (and inexplicably) my phone gets fucked-up and assigns different letters to several keys. For instance, when I type "t" I get "yi" or when I try to type an "o" I get "-)". It doesn't typically remain an issue very long - maybe 5-15 minutes...but it can be very frustrating when I have incoming text messages blowing my phone up and I can't respond to them because any degree of coherence is impossible.

Damn, I've really jinxed myself, here. Quite a few issues since my first post in which I blew my wad all over the Curve (so to speak).

I'm having some problems with my new one, now. Occasionally (and inexplicably) my phone gets fucked-up and assigns different letters to several keys. For instance, when I type "t" I get "yi" or when I try to type an "o" I get "-)". It doesn't typically remain an issue very long - maybe 5-15 minutes...but it can be very frustrating when I have incoming text messages blowing my phone up and I can't respond to them because any degree of coherence is impossible.

I've had my Nokia just over a year now and it's starting to do funky things every once in a while. Certain keys won't work, can't hang up a phone call, answer a call and have speakerphone on, a few other I can't remember. Rebooting the phone usually works for me (yank the battery in some cases of a frozen OS).

Did you try a battery pull? thats the first thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Did you try a battery pull? thats the first thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Also check the auto text there could be some setting that for some reason flipped on.

WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF PROBLEMS....just to kinda help anyone out, this happened to me yesterday. I got an error that read "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer" It's an easy fix all you need to do is format the card. This can be done on your blackberry by going to settings [wrench icon] go to media card hit the menu blackberry button whatever it is called and hit format, you will lose everything you had so i suggest you try to pull all the important stuff back to your computer before doing this [i had to learn the hard way] when it finishes formatting it should be good as new. Hope this helps anyone who comes across this message.

Also check the auto text there could be some setting that for some reason flipped on.

WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF PROBLEMS....just to kinda help anyone out, this happened to me yesterday. I got an error that read "A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer" It's an easy fix all you need to do is format the card. This can be done on your blackberry by going to settings [wrench icon] go to media card hit the menu blackberry button whatever it is called and hit format, you will lose everything you had so i suggest you try to pull all the important stuff back to your computer before doing this [i had to learn the hard way] when it finishes formatting it should be good as new. Hope this helps anyone who comes across this message.

good advice. Also it's not a bad idea to do periodic backups of your BB. Let me know if the Battery Pull works. In the past my bluetooth would be acting weird with the voice dialing. A battery pull usually fixes most common errors. When you turn off your phone, its not like your turning off a computer, the processes are still running. The battery pull is like a reboot of sorts.

hope this helps

Didn't want to start a new thread for this little question. Is there anyway for me to make my Curve go to the top of the messages to the new ones? I finished up noon hour hockey today and had some emails/texts/voicemails from clients and for some reason my BB scrolled all the way down to the bottom of my messages. I haven't deleted them in a few weeks so I had to scroll up for about 5 mins through 1000's of texts to get to them.

yeah if you do, download opera mini for it. It's a damn good browser. I was in the hospital overnight last weekend, and didn't miss a beat on anything because of it.

is there an OTA install for Opera Mini?

anyone have this problem? my curve doesnt text things in the right order very frequently. it seems to be pretty exclusivly to verizon phones (mine is att) but the messages will send sometimes, store and send later, or just never send even tho i get verification on my end that it was sent the exact moment. My fault? Phones fault? or Carriers Fault? any ideas? ive loved it until the has become a big problem.

ive tried everything possible, im thinking about taking it into att but everytime i do i get some guy trying to get me to buy a damn iphone or upgrade becasue he thinks i need a new one. ive had the phone since march, im sick of replacing phones every 6 months