Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tbintexas

Vintage CCM Gloves - HG2 - what year?

I bought a new pair of Edmonton Oilers long-cuff CCM HG2 gloves from eBay last year. Does anyone know what year these things are? I'm guessing early 80's?

Talk about stiff though and wow are these things long! I'm tempted to use them, but a part of me doesn't want to. Decisions, decisions...

GLoves005.jpg

Based on the colours, they could be anytime before 1996, but the long cuffs lead me to believe MUCH older.

These baby's feel like you have casts on your arms up to your elbows, they're so stiff :)

I work at a local roller hockey rink and someone donated a similar pair of gloves for our sharing bin (for new players to use till they get there own gear)... Me and this other coach saw them and couldn't believe it!

Our hockey director didn't know or understand the significance of the gloves and spray painted part of the them with purple paint (as they do with all there gear they use in the share bin).. Needless to say I picked them up and have been planning on trying to clean them off... the other coach and I figured I may be able to scrub the spray paint off.

Here are a pic.. sort of a sad I suppose

IMG_0232.jpg

I bought a pair of Team Canada HG1's (they must have weighed more than a pair of skates each, full leather) in 87 and so I would put the HG2's in that same frame..I believe most of the earlier models had the Supra moniker

well - looks like I might put the laces back in and just look at them instead of use them! Phantomowner - that paint is sad - hopefully you can use something to get it off?

Jim - these things are surprisingly light (in a heavy sort-of way!) due to the nylon I think!

I remember the seller having a few pairs of the Oilers ones, and I was able to wait and get a really good deal on them. They also had some Islander gloves (same vintage) but think they ran out of their entire stash (supposedly found them in a box in Winnipeg!).