Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flashgordon

Glove Fitting

I searched but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

What do you all prefer in terms of how your fingers (length-wise) fit into your gloves. When you buy a new pair, do the tips of your fingers reach the end of the glove (without forcing it) or do you prefer to leave some room, and if so why? I'm looking for another new pair of gloves and have used 14" in the past (using Nylon HGTs now). The pair I'm eying is an Easton Z-Air Nylon Pro Return at my LHS, so I of course don't know the exact size (they seem about a 14" or 14.5", made for JP Dumont). The overall fit is great but it seems I've got a tad more room at the end of the fingers than with my HGT's. Do you all think this will affect the feel much?

I know PP and fit/confort are what's important, but I was just curious what other people's preferences/experiences are.

Thanks for any input.

I hate it when fingers are too short on a glove. That is why I ordered my custom TPS gloves with the "longer fingers" option. Just perfect for me.

When I put the gloves on, my fingers only slightly reach the front end.

I like my fingers to just touch the end of the glove, not pushing or poking through the end of the gusset. I also like the "V" between the fingers of the glove to come all of the way to the base of my fingers. I have had a lot of problems finding a glove that fits that way.

I like my fingertips to touch the end of the fingers on my glove when I pull on the cuff. That way, they tend to only graze the ends when I hold my stick. I have also found that I would prefer a tighter fitting glove. Hopefully, by Christmas I can get a pair of Vapor XV's and ditch my Bauer Supreme 3000's. B)

I like my fingertips to touch the end of the fingers on my glove when I pull on the cuff. That way, they tend to only graze the ends when I hold my stick. I have also found that I would prefer a tighter fitting glove. Hopefully, by Christmas I can get a pair of Vapor XV's and ditch my Bauer Supreme 3000's. B)

Yeah. I checked out the Vapor XV's too. They felt good on my hands, but when I held a stick with them and stickhandled with a ball, they just seemed a little "clunky" or bulky to me compared to the Eastons. Most likely just because they were brand new / not broken in.

i like the loose gloves too.i hate the feeling of my hands being packed tightly into the gloves.but when i wear my gloves a just puch my fingers down to graze the tips.its easier while holding the stick obviously.

I like my gloves a little loose, but I like the fingers pretty tight. When I put my gloves on and have the fingers extended, my fingers push through the fingertips of the gloves. When I curl my fingers (like gripping a stick), the fingertips are just at the end, not jammed, but no extra room. It's a lot better for control.

When I was a pro rep, I worked with Sergei Fedorov on getting some gloves made up. He wanted a ton of custom options, many of which we couldn't do because our pro gloves were Orient-made, but they were very interesting ideas. He wanted the fingers tapered at the end... the gussets would get smaller so the palm part would be much closer to the padding part at the fingertip. Awesome feel and control. He also wanted a few spots of padding added and a claw-like extension on the end of the fingers (like TPS has).

It also lets you close your hand more tightly around the stick than traditional square fingers.