Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer 9500 Helmet Initial Thoughts

My 8K cracked yesterday - took a shot to the forhead. I tried on the 9500 after the game and it felt all sorts of bad. Lots of stuff hitting me in all the wrong places, not soft at all. They LHS manager said it softens up after 10 minutes on your head. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm trying to decide whether or not to just get another 8K.

Got mine for xmas the other day and it felt a little odd, stiff would be the word I guess, strange thing is I wear a Large in the 5000/5500 adjusted about halfway open, but the Medium opened all the way in the 9500 fit the best, adjusted the occipital lock then wore it for a few minutes and felt much much better, very similar fit to my 5000 actually yet much cushier.

I am very pleased with it, only downside, my Itech 908TI cage doesn't fit so I've got to sell that and get a 9500 cage or a visor.

Got the 9500 as a birthday gift from the gf and I was impressed by the design and look of this helmet. The lightness of the helmet is amazing as well, pretty comparable to the 4500

Initial reactions when i put the helmet on was it fit nothing like the 4500, i was having pressure points on the sides of my head so after adjusting it to fit snuggly, the fitment was fine. Slapped an Oakley visor on and I headed to some open shinny.

30 minutes into the skate, my head started to hurt from the pressure points on the side of the helmet, i popped the easy adjustment clips up and made the helmet even bigger, the pain was gone.

IMO, this helmet is amazing, definitley needs some breaking in to do and playing around to find the right fit. One of the best birthday gifts from the gf!

this spring a vn model will ab offered. jr said it will be the 5100.

i have had the vn model on my head and loved it. it felt lighter than my 4000 and the fit was vet nice. i will be getting one of the vns in the spring when they come out.

Got the 9500 as a birthday gift from the gf and I was impressed by the design and look of this helmet. The lightness of the helmet is amazing as well, pretty comparable to the 4500

Initial reactions when i put the helmet on was it fit nothing like the 4500, i was having pressure points on the sides of my head so after adjusting it to fit snuggly, the fitment was fine. Slapped an Oakley visor on and I headed to some open shinny.

30 minutes into the skate, my head started to hurt from the pressure points on the side of the helmet, i popped the easy adjustment clips up and made the helmet even bigger, the pain was gone.

IMO, this helmet is amazing, definitley needs some breaking in to do and playing around to find the right fit. One of the best birthday gifts from the gf!

I had the same problem the first game. It went away after the first game and the helmet has fit great ever since. This helmet also keeps me as cool/comfortable as the Intake I wore for a year and a half before the 9500.

The padding definitely gets hard, but many of us really dont bother to take our helmets off and bring towels to the bench. I'm already lugging 2 sticks, water bottle, puck bag etc :P I've just accepted that I'll sweat a lot on the ice and deal with it I guess.

Throw it over your shoulder and you won't even notice that it's there. ;)

Just don't try to run a powerplay with a towel wrapped around your arm (a la Mattias Ohlund) ;)