Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whaler5

One Piece vs. Two Piece Performance

Do one pieces have better performance than two pieces? I just got a z-bubble and I think my shot is better than with a vector or synergy I have used.

i think its all preference. I know some ppl that rip em with the synergys and u give em a z bubble and woody blade and they suck. Also, i know some sick ppl who just cant go without their wood blade, and therefore use a shaft. In my opinion its all what u like. But if u find that the puck is bouncing off ur stick a lot with an OPS then u may want to try a 2 piece... and if ur shot is weak with a 2 piece then u might be an OPS guy. I actually dont care; either works great for me

i think its all preference. I know some ppl that rip em with the synergys and u give em a z bubble and woody blade and they suck. Also, i know some sick ppl who just cant go without their wood blade, and therefore use a shaft. In my opinion its all what u like. But if u find that the puck is bouncing off ur stick a lot with an OPS then u may want to try a 2 piece... and if ur shot is weak with a 2 piece then u might be an OPS guy. I actually dont care; either works great for me

But the weird thing is I use composite blades but I keep using a two piece because of the performance.

I use wood blades, I like the feel better and I have an easier time catching passes and stickhandling with the (softer) wood blades. I've tried graphite before, on a Busch stick, and I'm actually trying a Focus Flex right now. My shot might be a little harder with a graphite blade or an OPS, but I don't take that many shots that it's worth changing. I might get 2 or 3 good chances to take a shot (not counting rebounds or little stuff in front of the net) but I'll handle the puck a lot more, and make and receive passes. It's not worth it for me to switch to a graphite blade or OPS.

I used to have an article, from about 3 years ago, that talked about Synergys (and other OPS, which were just coming on the market) and how they really weren't for everyone. They really can do more harm than good for some players. Wish I still had the article...

I used to have an article, from about 3 years ago, that talked about Synergys (and other OPS, which were just coming on the market) and how they really weren't for everyone. They really can do more harm than good for some players. Wish I still had the article...

What was it in?

i've always put durability as a priority close to performance. the money vs. possibility of easy breaking of a ops never appealed to me. i'm solely two-piece. i could just never get used to stick handling with a ops either.

Only advantage of the ops over the two-piece with wood is the faster shot release.

The way I look at it, if I'm gonna drop bombs on goalies anyway, the extra nanosecond you gain with the OPS in terms of getting the shot off faster won't matter. :)

What was it in?

I found it online, I think at the Slam!Hockey site. I guess I could search their archives, but I don't know if they'd go back so far...

I've learned to be efficient at recieving passes with a carbon blade, and I love the crisp feeling you get when you pass and shoot with a carbon blade. I am a 2 piece tapered guy, I just don't see the point of blowing so much money on 1pc sticks when they just brean and turn into shafts anyways. I actually just recieved my 2 Si-Core Synth Modano blades in the mail :)

I prefer the feel of OPS's. just like the low kickpoint feel. And I can't tell a whole lot of difference with my shot with any stick. So far, I can shoot best with my vapor xx lindros stick.

Take into consideration though that an ops is actually a 2 piece stick. I stick with 2 piece because of the versatility that it gives you. You might like the shafts that one company makes but the blades of another company.