Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsimic23

Mission skates

The skates do have some differences....

The 400 has a bit more forward flex and allows for more freedom of movement...It is also lighter than the 300.

As for the 300 we stiffened up this boot a bit to give it more "traditional" type support.

I personally would go with the 400, but both are great options.

Justin

Just curious Chadd and headon, did you keep the pitch holders?

yeh, I like them a lot. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to a 9ft rocker or a hybrid rocker.

yeh, I like them a lot. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to a 9ft rocker or a hybrid rocker.

When you say hybrid rocker do you mean something along the lines of 9 foot radius in the front half and 11 foot radius in the back half?

Hi guys!

What do you think abaout mission skates S-series?

Should i go for S300 or S400?

Any big differences?

thanks

I have the S300's and I really like them. They are comfortable and feel great. The Pitch Holders are cool, too. I was able to experiment with changing my pitch very easily and have found that I prefer the +1 setting the most.

I love my S300 confort and fit- wise but I'm having a tough time getting used to the flatter rocker (coming from Tacks).

At least I'm not the only one having trouble with the blade radius. I'm probably going to get my blades profiled to a 9 foot radius in efforts to improve my maneuverability.

I love my S300 confort and fit- wise but I'm having a tough time getting used to the flatter rocker (coming from Tacks).

At least I'm not the only one having trouble with the blade radius. I'm probably going to get my blades profiled to a 9 foot radius in efforts to improve my maneuverability.

How much does that cost?

When you say hybrid rocker do you mean something along the lines of 9 foot radius in the front half and 11 foot radius in the back half?

That's what I was considering. I've been playing some defense lately and reffing a lot so I'd like to keep the 11 in the back since I'm skating backwards so much. The 11 on my Grafs lasted all of a week before I had it changed, I've been using the 11 on my S500s for a couple of months now.

Jackal - I'd say $20 if you want it done right.

I can do it for you and ship you the steel.

I'm gonna do the composite radius for Chadd if/when he decides to do it.

That's what I was considering. I've been playing some defense lately and reffing a lot so I'd like to keep the 11 in the back since I'm skating backwards so much. The 11 on my Grafs lasted all of a week before I had it changed, I've been using the 11 on my S500s for a couple of months now.

Now that I think of it, a compound radius might be something that would work for me as a defenceman.

Anyone know how wild you can go with the compound radius? 7/11? 9/11? Just curious...

Also, does anyone know if compound radii can be done on a Dupliskate?