Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeystud11

Unbreakable Laces

have any of yall heard about these new hockey laces that are our there with a lifetime warranty? ive been seeing more and more players at the rink near me wearing them on their skates. They have a pretty cool website, www.unbreakablehockey.com, but i was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback before i order a pair.

Personally, it sounds gimmicky. I mean c'mon laces cost what 5 bucks for a pair? They break you get over it and get new ones. Smart people have a spare set in their bag along with tape, stone etc. Coming from a person that likes waxed laces as well, I doubt the wax would hold onto the laces forever.

It would be absolutely idiotic for a store to bring in a product as such. You eliminate repeat business of one of your highest-grossing products for one that has a lifetime warranty. It's like Goodyear offering a tire that never wears out. Every car will have them, and that would be that.

gorilla laces are alright. A little thin, and the ribbing can be a bit sharp when pulling tight. But the metal tips are very nice, esp in goal skates. I always kept getting the tips caught and squished between the boot and cowling and went through a fair share of pairs. But all tips are still intact and going strong. Gorilla Strong

Are the Skate Laces heavy?

- Unbreakable Laces are actually lighter than your everyday laces! Standard laces weigh about 1.8 ounces Unbreakable Laces weigh only 1.6 ounces.

maybe for the gram whores?

UPDATE: 0.2oz=5.66990463 grams

thank you google calculator

Yeah, I know it's them - it's a TX IP and that company is based in TX.

Hardly a smoking gun, but then again how many companies make supplies for hockey and are based in TX? That narrows it down Im sure. ;)

Personally, it sounds gimmicky. I mean c'mon laces cost what 5 bucks for a pair? They break you get over it and get new ones. Smart people have a spare set in their bag along with tape, stone etc. Coming from a person that likes waxed laces as well, I doubt the wax would hold onto the laces forever.

Agreed. The warrentie does not state specificaly, that it covers the wax on the laces but think about it. Are you actually going take the time to ship your laces back for them to inspect them, decide if they will warrentie them then wait for them to come ground back to your house. It's laces for god sakes.... white and yellow laces :ph34r:

I'll continue to buy elite laces at my LHS and be done with it.

Honestly it doesn't seem like a bad deal if they actually do what they say. It would be nice peace of mind to know you don't have to worry about your lace getting cut in a game and missing some time. Even if you do have extra laces, it's inconvenient. Doesn't really seem like you guys are giving them much of a chance, however I don't agree with them going against the MSH rules to advertise here.

have any of yall heard about these new hockey laces that are our there with a lifetime warranty? ive been seeing more and more players at the rink near me wearing them on their skates. They have a pretty cool website, www.unbreakablehockey.com, but i was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback before i order a pair.

How about asking one of them then?

Talk about blatently plugging your site :ph34r:

because I can pick out what brand of skate laces are on every skate on the ice :ph34r: .

Unsubstantiated claims are awesome.

Yes Kevlar, they are claiming as part if not whole of the material used in the lace, has a high tensile strength to weight ratio but I wonder what type of testing was done on the lace. Was it simply just one a tensile test? were the conditions of the test the same as real life conditions simulated 1000 loosening and tightening of the lace?

I seem to recall that although some of the material properties of kevlar are impressive, there are other things that do not work in its favor. for instance when Kevlar fiber fails it doesn't stretch, it will snaps. Kevlar, while it is used in bullet proof vests, is not the only material used in the design of those vests. Keep in mind that kevlar in bullet proof vest are layered to at least 16 plys and will act like netting to disperse the energy from a handgun bullet round when shot at. Locally where he bullet enters the vest you will find that the fabric is damaged. Note: Bulletproof vests are not good at knife attacks!

there are questions about the durability of kevlar against abrasion. Keep this in mind since the laces rub against the eyelets on skate boots.

I would not buy into the claims of "Unbreakable". I would buy into claims that laces.. my last set of waxed clothe laces lasted 8 years and I think i paid $4 for them.

kevlar is ok at slice protection... not the greatest... a stabbing is a different mechanism. there's better stuf out there, it's just expensive as piss.

that's not to say their marketing isnt misleading. just like easton's CNT sticks.

Ok, unbreakable laces and t-blades..........some people have way too much free time on their hands.........the same people who come into your shop to try and sell you these things and you laugh............they wonder why..........buddy, you have obviously never been on my side of the counter........next time call for an appointment first..............yes, we at MSH are pretty hard on the newbies...........it's called experience.

Maybe they are using the business model like the infomercials. You know the ones, where you get FREE replacements or refills FOR LIFE.

You just pay shipping, handling, and a processing fee.

First, what the hell is a "handling" charge?

Second, all those charges cost as much as ordering it in the first place!

But man, they make money hand over fist.