Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Thompson94

Easton SE16 stick

They can.......but it is easy enough to do. Just start chiseling away

kk So I pretty much just put the shaft over the stove and let that stuff burn away and tried chiseling with a screw driver.

Exactly how much of that stuff should be burnt for a blade to fit in?

Like two inches deep?

would an s15 blade fit into a converted se16 shaft?

Really my only option till my one95 comes it. My lhs has a Drury in an s15 blade. Going there tomorrow.

what about a Z bubble?

If you're talking about the Z-carbon, they're the same blade.

you need a tapered blade.

If you're talking about the Z-carbon, they're the same blade.

you need a tapered blade.

Z-bubble shaft. Should have clarified.

Z-bubble shaft. Should have clarified.

The Z-carbon blade will fit into a Z-bubble shaft...both use the standard system.

If you converted your broken SE16 by putting out the blade, you'll need a tapered blade.

I'm probably late to the party on this but has anyone noticed that the shaft/blade goemetry of easton's premier tapered OPS's changed after the SL? I was in the shop the other day and I picked up the SE16. I noticed that the taper isn't nearly as gradual as it is on the SL or the synergy 2 shaft. It's as if the stick is more of a standard geometry than tapered. It also reminded me of the 2 prostock SE's that I had awhile ago. Anyone else notice this?

The Z-carbon blade will fit into a Z-bubble shaft...both use the standard system.

If you converted your broken SE16 by putting out the blade, you'll need a tapered blade.

and an s15 blade?

I'm probably late to the party on this but has anyone noticed that the shaft/blade goemetry of easton's premier tapered OPS's changed after the SL? I was in the shop the other day and I picked up the SE16. I noticed that the taper isn't nearly as gradual as it is on the SL or the synergy 2 shaft. It's as if the stick is more of a standard geometry than tapered. It also reminded me of the 2 prostock SE's that I had awhile ago. Anyone else notice this?

The walls definitely seem thicker than the SL did. Not sure about the taper. I'll tell you what I do notice...the Pro version of the stick seems to have ridges, almost concave shape in the taper zone closest to the blade as opposed to the retail version which seems straight all the way down. Look at some pics of pros with the stick and look at the fuse point then look at retail version. You'll see what I'm talking about.

***If you look at the 2010 Easton catalog on the site, you'll see the pic of Hank Zetterberg holding the SE16 out towards you. That's a good pic of what I'm talking about.

and an s15 blade?

The S15 blade is the replacement for the z-Carbon blade...both are standard blades.

Z-Carbon -> S15 -> S19 (the new replacement for the S15) These are all standard blades.