Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ Thompson94

Easton SE16 stick

I assume they will make a shaft like they did with the se, but does anyone know if and when the shafts will be released?

It seems that Easton changes the name at least every 2 years. When the T-Flex became the Synthesis a few years later it became Synergy II and then 2 years later it is now the 2 pc version of the SE.

The 'new' 2 pc SE was released this past Spring, so my guess would be at least another year or 2 and it gets a new look/name.

anyone used this yet and can give some feed back, cause i bought a one95 and and sickkick but i always go back to my easton sticks my s17 is starting to fizzle and i want to pick this up but i heard the se had some durability problems so i;d love a review or two before i go drop 2 bombs on it, thanks

This may have been answered, so sorry in advance, but when will the other curves be released?

I'm dying to pick up an 85 flex in Drury.

May-ish. Maybe earlier. The only curves released now were Zetterburg, Iginla, and Sakic. I feel your pain though. I want to pick up the same stick you do.

i have used one for a couple games and i like the feel, doesnt feel too much different then my rolston s-17's. I have a 100 flex and it does seem a little bit more flexy then previous "100 flex" eastons though...

I saw about 4 yesterday at one of the LHS here in Canada, 3 left handed (in grip and non-grip) and 1 right handed (non-grip). So it depends where you live. It was $10 cheaper than the 85 and 100 flex Sr.

I've got a very lightly gripped Pro Spezza curve and i love it, the shots you can get off with this stick are amazing, i def. enjoy using this stick more than an S17 or the 8.0.8, i def. recommend picking up this stick, very durable as well and no problems with the durability of the blade so far.

And spezza likes to dare to dream with his special SE16 =P

DSC_1320.jpg

I saw about 4 yesterday at one of the LHS here in Canada, 3 left handed (in grip and non-grip) and 1 right handed (non-grip). So it depends where you live. It was $10 cheaper than the 85 and 100 flex Sr.

Do you recall if it was very whippy compared to the 85?

Do you recall if it was very whippy compared to the 85?

It was definitely whippier than the 85, I'd say it was about as whippy as my NBH One95 77 Flex. So, if you know how the NBH One95 77 flex feels and like that whippiness, then you may like the SE16 75 flex whip.

I've got a very lightly gripped Pro Spezza curve and i love it, the shots you can get off with this stick are amazing, i def. enjoy using this stick more than an S17 or the 8.0.8, i def. recommend picking up this stick, very durable as well and no problems with the durability of the blade so far.

Dang I was hoping you'd say you hated the Spezza curve, and you wanted to get rid of it. :D

This may have been answered, so sorry in advance, but when will the other curves be released?

I'm dying to pick up an 85 flex in Drury.

Not sure if you've found one yet, but it looks like the Hockey Shop has the SE16's in a Drury curve.

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/Merchant2/mer...posite_Stick_Sr

Yes, you were right. They do have Drury.

so whats the difference between the S17 and SE16?

S17 = Ellipse, very stiff initially but brittle blade, very light and balanced

SE16 = SE with a new blade and tweaked features, traditional taper

im actually quite disappointed with the se16. i use a 100 flex drury, and i felt like it lost its snap way to fast. I prefer the SE.

Just curious as if there has been anything about easton making an se16 shaft and if so when it might come out?

yes there is going to be a se16 shaft but when it comes out, i do not know

not sure if the shaft will come in a 75 flex can someone confirm please ?