Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bladez

s9 easton helmets

The S9 is a bit of a sweat bucket, similar to the Intake. Just grow your hair a bit. I've been wearing mine for about 8 months and I've been loving it.

I don't sweat any more in my S-17 than I would in my Nike/Bauer 8500. About the same. The 8500 is a little better padded around the forehead and back of the neck though.

i noticed JR's review of this helmet in that section. he says the sweat problem is pretty bad. anybody else having this issue?

Notice the disclaimer in that review. The helmet was tweaked.

i noticed JR's review of this helmet in that section. he says the sweat problem is pretty bad. anybody else having this issue?

Notice the disclaimer in that review. The helmet was tweaked.

Isn't all your gear tweaked in one way or another...Is anything stock?

No, I meant that they addressed the sweat issue. The retails shouldn't have problems.

Um, no, I think I've managed to alter every piece of equipment I have.

Next experiment is my gloves.

No, I meant that they addressed the sweat issue. The retails shouldn't have problems.

Um, no, I think I've managed to alter every piece of equipment I have.

Next experiment is my gloves.

That pad we removed is in the retail helmets too. Although they have less foam, imagine trimming 1/4" off the pad, width wise not thickness(IE opening up the space between padding sections). They also put more HD foam in retails.

Anyone else find the helmet too "deep"?

Comes over my eyebrows. Due to the length in the back, everytime I am hunched over at the face off, the back of the helmet is pushed in a way (from my neck being craned) over by eyebrows into my line of sight. I am going to super tighten it tonight to see if it helps, but it's not comfortable that way.

I am considering adding a rag or extra padding on the top so that it doesn't come down as far in the back or doesn't ride over my brow in the front.....

I used my S9 tonight skating around with my brother for an hour.... wow did I sweat through this helmet. If they've tweaked majority of them, I'd assume mine wasn't one of them. My brother kept joking and saying "You crying?"... much worse than my Intake.

You have a problem with the depth of the fit at all?

I'd say it's right in the middle of the Intake Fusion, and the CCM Vector V08. The Intake Fusion didn't fit as nicely as my 1st gen Intake. The V08 was nice & deep, but came really low on my neck, so when I moved my head up I didn't like it 'pinching' my neck... haha. I have the L opened up all the way and it fits nicely... after skating in it a while it feels like it's opened up a bit and will probably continue to do so I'm assuming.

I used my S9 tonight skating around with my brother for an hour.... wow did I sweat through this helmet. If they've tweaked majority of them, I'd assume mine wasn't one of them. My brother kept joking and saying "You crying?"... much worse than my Intake.

I wore my S9 and cage for about two months for games before going back to my Intake, same problem of too much sweating. Now I use the S9 for coaching only.

search but didnt find what i was looking for. so...thinking about getting an s9, but i am a couple hours away from a lhs that stocks it, so cant try one on yet. Has anyone gone from a NBH 8500 or 5500 to an s9? any difference in sizing. Mainly i use the 8500 size large opened up almost all the way. The sizing charts ive seen show the NB large, is bigger than Easton large, is this the case? should i be looking for an xl in the s9 then? Im gonna make the trip to the shop in the next month or two, but may need them to order this helmet in, so dont wanna waste either of our time and money. so has anyone made the switch, any size difference? Again just a question since i cant try one on yet. thanks

i dunno if this helps that much but i went from a medium nbh 4500 and a rbk 8k medium fits me fine but i wear a small S9

search but didnt find what i was looking for. so...thinking about getting an s9, but i am a couple hours away from a lhs that stocks it, so cant try one on yet. Has anyone gone from a NBH 8500 or 5500 to an s9? any difference in sizing. Mainly i use the 8500 size large opened up almost all the way. The sizing charts ive seen show the NB large, is bigger than Easton large, is this the case? should i be looking for an xl in the s9 then? Im gonna make the trip to the shop in the next month or two, but may need them to order this helmet in, so dont wanna waste either of our time and money. so has anyone made the switch, any size difference? Again just a question since i cant try one on yet. thanks

Id go for a XL S9, seems to me like S9 is a bit smaller then the 8500.

hey all, i'm new here but i'm frequent other hockey forums

anyways, either i'm blind or it's not there i didn't see the s17 in the reviews. my question is would the s17 have better airflow over the s9?

i tried on the s17 when it first came out and it fit like a glove over my nbh 4500! but i wanted to wait for the s9 as the dude at my lhs said it's cheaper and fits just the same.

looking to replace my 3rd nbh 4500...love the helmet, but they all crack/break in the same areas :angry:

If you're looking at getting the new Easton helmet just be aware it is not as wide a fit at the Nike/Bauer helmet. Good idea to make sure you try it on first before you purchase it. Wasn't a big deal for me but if you have a wider or larger head you may need to size up one size for a comfortable fit. All in all the helmet is quite comfortable ( if you are sized properly ) and personally I haven't had any sweating issues as some of the other guys who have posted on this thread. I have the S-17 and sweat just about the same as I would in my NBH 8500 although my 8500 is a bit nicer fit. Like the S-17 because it is lighter though. Bought the Easton cage for it as well but it fits the Jofa/CCM 480 nicely too.